PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Cant make the name out on the ERF ■■

Neither can I, but I think that the curious heaboard and the Grimsby reg mark it down as having been new to Ess Foods

I think that one belonged to Richard (?) Skyrme of Madley, Hfds. but goodness knows where he bought it.

ERF-NGC-European:
The Volvo (rear, three-quarter view pic) belongs to CZAD, the then Czech national transport company :wink: .

And those ‘dreaded’ white DAF (as you call them) weren’t so bad. I rarely drove rigids but I did occasional runs to Germany in DAF 65s and they took the Ardennes in their stride. Even better were the comfortable, later 65 CFs I occasionally drove for GIST - they had about the best synchro 'box (9-speed) I can ever remember using.

Robert

Thanks for the info on the Volvo Robert. :wink:

Probably never made it clear about the DAF ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I was referring to the “dreaded white colour scheme” me olde mucker,im not
a fan of white trucks and miss the traditional colour schemes ! :laughing: :wink:

I had a 75 and that was a cracking motor.

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.

I would say the ERF is one of J M Watkins from Abergavenny. :wink:

Thanks for the name Chris. :smiley:

MANTRONIC:

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.

I would say the ERF is one of J M Watkins from Abergavenny. :wink:

Hi Chris and DEAN ,yes it is one of John Watkins ,his old garage at Llanfoist still stands ,another gem from S Wales ,thanx DEAN , MT

:wink:

240 Gardner:

Neither can I, but I think that the curious heaboard and the Grimsby reg mark it down as having been new to Ess Foods

Thanks for the comments Chris. :wink:

orientmack:
Hi,Have few old turkish trucks from 70s and 80s

We like trucks from the 70s and 80s alot on here “orientmack” feel free to pop them on if you want. Thanks for the pic. :smiley: :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
“240 Gardner”

I think that one belonged to Richard (?) Skyrme of Madley, Hfds. but goodness knows where he bought it.

Thanks for the comment “ROF” :smiley:

Now i thought some of you would have remembered Carpenters ■■ :unamused:

Off to work chaps so havent time to pop pics on but heres an article from 1979. Will pop some stuff on tonight.

Click on pages twice to read.

trucks for the 80s 795.jpg

DEANB:
Off to work chaps so havent time to pop pics on but heres an article from 1979. Will pop some stuff on tonight.

Click on pages twice to read.

Hey DEAN ,the 16 .280 MAN ,a promotional shot for Cardiff Transport ,the first to enter service ,thanx MT

DEANB:
Some Welsh motors.

Hicks Volvo.

M & M Greene Mercedes.

Owens MAN

Mansel Davies Volvo.

Cardiff Galvanizers Volvo.

Click on clippings once or twice to read.

hello Dean ,…some smashing South Wales shots …the old man was chuffed to pieces with the Blueline clipping …one of his old mates drove for them …and apparently their was 3 Mandators in the fleet …not a great success Atkis soon followed …his maim work was steel to Liverpool backloading paper from Ellesmere Port to British tissues Maesteg .
Cyprian Fox were London based …but had a depot near Newport docks …great stuff from you both …lol …Geraint

:confused: J

kenfig bill:

DEANB:
Some Welsh motors.

Hicks Volvo.

M & M Greene Mercedes.

Owens MAN

Mansel Davies Volvo.

hello Dean ,…some smashing South Wales shots …the old man was chuffed to pieces with the Blueline clipping …one of his old mates drove for them …and apparently their was 3 Mandators in the fleet …not a great success Atkis soon followed …his maim work was steel to Liverpool backloading paper from Ellesmere Port to British tissues Maesteg .
Cyprian Fox were London based …but had a depot near Newport docks …great stuff from you both …lol …Geraint

Hi whoever today,
I am surprised you and all of your alter egos didn’t mention the Cardiff Transport MAN that Dean posted…

Retired Old ■■■■:
“240 Gardner”

Thanks for the comment “ROF” :smiley:

[/quote]
Yes, indeed, Carpenter’s were regulars in most of the livestock markets that we frequented. Good bunch of chaps and our boss’ son was pals with Les.

MANTRONIC:
Hey DEAN ,the 16 .280 MAN ,a promotional shot for Cardiff Transport ,the first to enter service ,thanx MT

Cheers MT ! :wink:

kenfig bill:
Some Welsh motors.

Hello Geraint,thanks for the comments and glad the old man is still enjoying the pics. :smiley: :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Yes, indeed, Carpenter’s were regulars in most of the livestock markts that we frequented. Good bunch of chaps and our boss’ son was pals with Les.

Cheers ROF ,used to run tidy motors chap. :wink:

pete 359:
:? J kenfig bill"DEANBSome Welsh motors.

Hi whoever today,
I am surprised you and all of your alter egos didn’t mention the Cardiff Transport MAN that Dean posted…

:unamused: Will send you a PM Andrew.

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

P4220066p.JPG

Foreign Renault.

P4220046p.JPG

Scania.

P4220084p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Renault ■■

P4220110p.JPG

French Volvo.

P4220141p.JPG

Foreign DAF

sitra.JPG

Johnstones Iveco.

P4240005p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■?

P4250001p.JPG

Master Block Scania.

P4240046p.JPG

BSI Transport Iveco.

P4250063p.JPG

Album pics. Not taken by me.

Johnsons Atkinson.

G.L.Baker Bedford.

Richard Read ERF

Waugh Road Services Foden.

MCD Guy.

Superdrug Roadtrain.

H.Turner Routeman.

James Kinnear & Son Scania. Nice colour scheme.

Ernest Thorpe Seddon Atkinson 401.

J.Johnstone Volvo. Always liked this fleet,great colour scheme. Anyone know if they are still going ■■?

Drinkwater Sabey Foden.

Anyone recognise the Volvo F7 car transporter ■■?

Calor Transport ERF.

ACTS Scania.

Molo Scania.

Leavlite FIAT.

Security Express Mercedes.

Unusual truck. Tesel International. Looks like a flammable sticker on the front,anyone know anything about them ■■?

Western BRS ERF.

Freightliner Marathon.

DEANB:

pete 359:
:? J kenfig bill"DEANBSome Welsh motors.

Hi whoever today,

:unamused: Will send you a PM Andrew.

Hi Dean,
I received your PM and have sent my reply.
Regards Andrew.

Hi Dean the F7 car transporter was on of Dennis Whites ( Star Car transporters ) who shared part of TIP’s yard in West Quay Road and I think the ACT Scania was one of Jimmy Alfords on contract, cheers Buzzer.

Sitra are a huge company,head office is in Ypres Belgium,they do fridge work and tanker work,mainly foodstuffs.There is one of their drivers on youtube,called Patrick,and he posts his journeys all over Europe including UK.Well worth a look.

sitra.JPG

Seddon59 Ernest Thorpe p.jpg
Sorry, I’ve had a few glasses of wine this evening - but that does look like a very long trailer. Like 30 pallets (give or take a bit) long.

Buzzer:
Hi Dean the F7 car transporter was on of Dennis Whites ( Star Car transporters ) who shared part of TIP’s yard in West Quay Road and I think the ACT Scania was one of Jimmy Alfords on contract, cheers Buzzer.

Thanks for the info Buzzer. :wink:

Chris Webb:
Sitra are a huge company,head office is in Ypres Belgium,they do fridge work and tanker work,mainly foodstuffs.There is one of their drivers on youtube,called Patrick,and he posts his journeys all over Europe including UK.Well worth a look.

Thanks for the comments Chris i have seen there motors about but never realised they were a huge company. :wink:

kmills:
Sorry, I’ve had a few glasses of wine this evening - but that does look like a very long trailer. Like 30 pallets (give or take a bit) long.

:laughing: :laughing: That wine does strange things chap ! Possibly looks longer due to the angle the pic was taken. :wink:

Chris Webb:

Thanks for the comments Chris i have seen there motors about but never realised they were a huge company. :wink:

Sitra have depots all over Europe including one at Ashford Kent.

kenfig bill:

DEANB:
Some Welsh motors.

Hicks Volvo.

M & M Greene Mercedes.

Owens MAN

Mansel Davies Volvo.

Hey Geraint ,their was a Blueline driver based at Hay on Wye years ago ,did steel to Swindon and Luton ,and other drivers based somewhere towards Hereford ,this was back in the 60s ,MT

I think the Tesel International is an old Schlumberger one. It’s a special lorry for petroleum research. The same is waiting in the front of “Carrosserie Pelpel” in Rennes (France) without any front bumper because a winch could be fixed.

Later they had this model which is preserved in Britain.