PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Carl Williams:

Carryfast:

DEANB:
Henlys GUY. Are the cars Daimlers ■■

Look like Mk10 Jags.Don’t think there were any Daimler versions of those.While at that time the Daimler badge only applied to the big Limousine types until the S type based 420 arrived.

There was a Daimler equivalent of the Mark 10 I remember my Father was considering buying a new one, which id he had it would have been D reg. I cannot remember what the model was called but for its day it was a beautiful car, obviously much up market on the Mark 10

It’s easy to confuse the Jag Mk 10 and 420 G with Jag 420 and Daimler Sovereign ( 420 ).You could certainly have had a 420 based Daimler Sovereign in 1966 but not a Mk 10/420 G based one.Ironically I wasn’t totally sure that the cars in the photo weren’t 420’s but it looks like it’s pre ‘66 so they could only be Mk 10’'s not 420’s in that case.As for the S type,especially the 420, that was a great car whether Jaguar or Daimler trim and that’s what I really wanted for my first car in the 1970’s.When they were as cheap as chips and therefore being used for banger racing or Sweeney type film stunts well after the XJ was launched.But there was no way that I could afford to insure one or maintain one let alone the fuel costs to commute to work so a Triumph 2.5 it had to be.

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

I’m sure it’s one of R T Keedwells………………………. :wink:

Spot on Chris ! :laughing: :wink:

Buzzer:
Hi Dean, John Loader was based in Fordingbridge they ran the mill in the town taking over from Dukes where I worked as a trainee sales rep in the late 60’s, Buzzer

Thanks Buzzer i used to see them about as a kid and thought they were local. :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,here’s some info cash mores were steel stockholders of Newport and Birmingham they were accredited to steel company of Wales they had bases in Tipton,Monmouth and colnbrook

Thanks for the info and adverts,good stuff John. I do like old adverts. :smiley: :wink:

pollystag:

Blimey, I worked for GDS for 12 yrs but never saw this Marathon,ha.
Steve.
[/quote]
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carryfast:

DEANB:

Look like Mk10 Jags.Don’t think there were any Daimler versions of those.While at that time the Daimler badge only applied to the big Limousine types until the S type based 420 arrived.

Thanks for the info Carryfast. :wink:

marktaff:
Hi Dean,
Nice pic of the UK Corrugated Bedford 1260…lovely looking truck back in the day…they were BRS Contract vans.

Regards Mark

Thanks for the comments Mark. :smiley:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Bit like the Cutty Sark in a strong wind?

:laughing:

windrush:
Plenty of NORDE info in the Peak District thread I believe? A chap who lives near me helped to strip an old Maudslay chassis that Toft’s had as they didn’t want to waste money on buying new bolts etc when building the artic unit.

Pete.

Thats intresting Pete,cant say i remember that name. I wonder how many were built. :wink:

tastrucker:
"DEANB"scammellcrusader

Hello Dean ,BRS Crusader looks if it could be a Queensferry based motor ,Trevor

Cheers Trevor. :smiley:

Ray Smyth:
“DEANB”

Lost the plot chaps i know this company but names gone completely ■■

Hi Dean, I think the blue Scania with a full load of bricks is R.T.Keedwell, cant remember where they are from. Regards, Ray.

Thanks for confirming Ray. :wink:

B.Wadsworth:
Hi, Folks , keedwells used to pull bricks out of Caernarfon , North WALES just a bit of useless info , cheers Barry

Thanks for the info Barry. :smiley:

Carl Williams:
Carryfast" “DEANB”

There was a Daimler equivalent of the Mark 10 I remember my Father was considering buying a new one, which id he had it would have been D reg. I cannot remember what the model was called but for its day it was a beautiful car, obviously much up market on the Mark 10

Thanks for the comments Carl. :smiley:

Album pics. Not taken by me.

Some Volvo FL’s.

T.French.

W.H.Malcolm.

Bartlett’s.

Woodhouse.

Stevenson.

Davidson.

G & J Ping.

W.Dow.

Hoyer.

Snowie.

Anyone recognise the Mercedes ■■

A04332p.JPG

Fairground ERF.

Iveco at a show.

A04917p.JPG

Beaven Heavy Haulage Bedford.

A04918p.JPG

Antell Atkinson.

A04907p.JPG

GUY recovery truck.

A04892p.JPG

Swains Scania.

Selby DAF.

A04865p.JPG

Mercedes at a show.

A04857p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo F88 ■■?

A04850p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Renault,bit of an odd looking trailer.

Hi Dean it might be for carrying live shellfish all the pipes on the front might be to pump air
in the water tanks. Used to do live oysters to Spain for Viviers of Portsmouth they had something
similar for crabs and lobsters but I think they had a donkey engine under the trailer same as the Spanish
trailers I have seen also they have shorter bodies because of the weight of the water when loaded…
Regards Kev

DEANB:

Fairground ERF.

Iveco at a show.

Antell Atkinson.

GUY recovery truck.

Swains Scania.

Selby DAF.

Mercedes at a show.

hello DEAN ,not sure if the Swains is a 111 ,or a 141 thank you Trevor

tastrucker:

DEANB:

Fairground ERF.

Iveco at a show.

Antell Atkinson.

GUY recovery truck.

Swains Scania.

Selby DAF.

Mercedes at a show.

its a 111 Trevor.

The F88 has a PCV reg number which is Cornish and likely an ex English China Clay motor, Buzzer

robthedog:

tastrucker:

DEANB:

Fairground ERF.

Iveco at a show.

Antell Atkinson.

GUY recovery truck.

Swains Scania.

Selby DAF.

Mercedes at a show.

its a 111 Trevor.

Thank you rob ,swains had only a couple of 141s .Trevor

111 with those diesel tanks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

KNS64:
Anyone recognise the Renault,bit of an odd looking trailer.

Hi Dean it might be for carrying live shellfish all the pipes on the front might be to pump air
in the water tanks. Used to do live oysters to Spain for Viviers of Portsmouth they had something
similar for crabs and lobsters but I think they had a donkey engine under the trailer same as the Spanish
trailers I have seen also they have shorter bodies because of the weight of the water when loaded…
Regards Kev

Funny enough Kev i did think that myself alot of shellfish trucks used to and still do ship out of Poole with the live shellfish tanks.

You will know Irureta they have shipped through Poole for years. Remember Viviers as well ! :wink:

poole149.jpg

robthedog:
“tastrucker”

Swains Scania.

its a 111 Trevor.
[/quote]
Thanks Rob and Trevor ! :wink: Well spotted with the pic of the number plate.

Buzzer:
The F88 has a PCV reg number which is Cornish and likely an ex English China Clay motor, Buzzer

:wink:

Lance Biscomb:
111 with those diesel tanks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:wink:

Cant make the name out on the Scania, something Express ■■?

DCP_0881p.JPG

Safeway Scania.

DCP_0899p.JPG

Dreaded white DAF.

DCP_0968p.JPG

Viridor Scania.

DCP_1144p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Scania tipper ■■

DCP_1150p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Scania tipper ■■

DCP_1183p.JPG

Anyone recognise the DAF tipper ■■

DCP_1186p.JPG

Canute Scania.

DCP_1195p.JPG

Evans Transport MAN.

DCP_1201p.JPG

Carpenters Volvo F86 and F7.

A03239.JPG

A03238.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Saviem at Poole docks. Think this was an owner drivers ,Cliff will probably know.

A03180p.JPG

TRM Fiat breakdown truck.

A03324p.JPG

Liaz at Poole docks.

A03343p.JPG

Think its a Haulamatic.

A03346.JPG

Cant make the name out on the ERF ■■

NBE 366R.JPG

New Leyland Constructor.

A03462p.JPG

Volvo F89.

A03557.JPG

Cant make the name out on the ERF. Says J.W. on trailer if that means anything to anyone ■■?

A03620p.JPG

US Army International.

A03622p.JPG

New Leyland Cruiser.

A03694p.JPG

The Volvo (rear, three-quarter view pic) belongs to CZAD, the then Czech national transport company :wink: .

And those ‘dreaded’ white DAF (as you call them) weren’t so bad. I rarely drove rigids but I did occasional runs to Germany in DAF 65s and they took the Ardennes in their stride. Even better were the comfortable, later 65 CFs I occasionally drove for GIST - they had about the best synchro 'box (9-speed) I can ever remember using.

Robert

Morning Dean.

I would say the ERF is one of J M Watkins from Abergavenny. :wink:

watkins.JPG

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.

I would say the ERF is one of J M Watkins from Abergavenny. :wink:

Hi Chris and DEAN ,yes it is one of John Watkins ,his old garage at Llanfoist still stands ,another gem from S Wales ,thanx DEAN , MT

Do you have photos of Italian, Spanish and French trucks?
thank you so much !!! :slight_smile:

DEANB:
Cant make the name out on the ERF ■■

NBE 366R.JPG

Neither can I, but I think that the curious heaboard and the Grimsby reg mark it down as having been new to Ess Foods

Hi,Have few old turkish trucks from 70s and 80s