PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

newmercman:
The unidentified F88 is ex Dawsonfreight, no idea who was operating at the time of the pic though.

Yes of course it is !!! :laughing: :wink:

Evening Dean,
If this F88 was one of Johns, he must have been on holiday for it to be out on the road in that condition. Harvey

john deans f88.jpg

I was going to suggest that it was EX-John Dean’s! :wink:

HRS:
Evening Dean,
If this F88 was one of Johns, he must have been on holiday for it to be out on the road in that condition. Harvey

Not sure what year that pic was taken but all the other trucks taken that day were all from the same era
as the F88 Harvey. So i reckon it was one of Dean’s unless it had been sold on and thats why the name is
missing in the headboard . It would have still been fairly new if it had been sold on ,maybe they bought a
F10 ! :unamused: :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
I was going to suggest that it was EX-John Dean’s! :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Some from a circus/fair.

AEC.

Foden.

Austin.

AEC.

ERF.

Foden.

Scammell.

Leyland. Whats the make of the car with the bonnet up,anyone know ■■?

Scammell.

Bedford.

AEC Mammoth Major 8 new in 1967.

Seen here on the A4 at Brentford in the late 1980’s

Whats the make of the car with the bonnet up,anyone know ■■?” Ford Consul Dean :slight_smile: bit of trim missing sorted when repainted.
Oily

Morning Dean.
The AEC Mercury HWJ 142J is ex Frank Philips Haulage Ltd,Sheffield. :smiley:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Scania ■■?

Westcombe Waste MAN.

Somerfield Volvo.

Wincanton Scania tanker.

W.A.Warehousing DAF.

C.R.S. Iveco and MAN.

Seaforth DAF.

J.H.Willis ERF milk tanker.

Stan Robinson Scania.

Anyone recognise the Scania heavy haulage unit ■■?

Hello DEAN ,the heavy haulage Scania …is im pretty sure Roger Jones of Oswestry ,thank you Trevor

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Ashcrofts Atkinson. Cant remember seeing one of these before.Anyone know where they were based ?

Tommy Ashcroft was a long time Pandoro subby, based in Rufford in West Lancashire. He had a handful of Atkis like this, and I believe he even operated a Bedford KM tractor at one time.

The trailer looks unfamiliar, but the box looks like a Pandoro (ex-Ferrymasters Ireland, I think) ‘bulktainer’, and which would have loaded out of ICI Fibres at Pontypool before purpose-built tanker trailers were bought

Tommy Ashcroft died last year - well into his eighties and was still driving one of his own wagons up until a few months before he died. The business still exists at Rufford, although the last of the liveried wagons (ERF ECs) have now been sold. They now operate a clutch of white unlettered DAFs.

oiltreader:
Whats the make of the car with the bonnet up,anyone know ■■?” Ford Consul Dean :slight_smile: bit of trim missing sorted when repainted.
Oily

I was thinking more Mk 11 Zephyr or Zodiac with the two-tone paint?

Retired Old ■■■■:

oiltreader:
Oily

You never see two tone cars anymore just plain coloured my father had a two tone cortina ,when did the two tone stop anyone know :smiley:

MANTRONIC:
Keith and Geraint.
Yes thier was a Abernant driver based in Hay ,my father has a photo of his Atkinson 8 wheeler 427 ATG ,he later drove for Blueline . Abernant had drivers based nr Leominster also .
Geraint ,yes again one of the Hay drivers with Wm Morgan hauled a lot of wax up to Teeside docks for export ,the Lucas work went V J Morgan (Woodlands ) and they too hauled out of here to Germany and Portugal along with Owens . MT

H i Mt , the Abernant drivers in the Leominster area were probably based at Eardisland ,one of them was a former Bengrys driver from Kingsland ,themselves were steel hauliers .
remember Abernant on occasions loading at British Aluminium Resolven ,regards Keith

smallcoal:

Retired Old ■■■■:

oiltreader:
Oily

You never see two tone cars anymore just plain coloured my father had a two tone cortina ,when did the two tone stop anyone know :smiley:

I reckon it was in the 1970s when robots were employed (on greatly reduced wages!) to spray bodies. It would have cost around 50% more to apply two colours on each car body. The last two-tone car I had was a 1966 Austin A60 Cambridge, bottom half light grey & off-white upper.
This does not count the several green & rust, blue & rust, even purple (!) & rust heaps that I owned for short periods of extreme poverty (spouse-instigated!)

moomooland:
Mammoth Major 8 new in 1967.
Seen here on the A4 at Brentford in the late 1980’s

Thanks for the pic Paul. :wink:

oiltreader:
Oily

Cheers Oily. :smiley:

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.
The AEC Mercury HWJ 142J is ex Frank Philips Haulage Ltd,Sheffield. :smiley:

Thanks Chris,did you drive for them ■■ :unamused:

tastrucker:
Anyone recognise the Scania heavy haulage unit ■■?
Hello DEAN ,the heavy haulage Scania …is im pretty sure Roger Jones of Oswestry ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the name Trevor. :wink:

marky:
Tommy Ashcroft was a long time Pandoro subby, based in Rufford in West Lancashire. He had a handful of Atkis like this, and I believe he even operated a Bedford KM tractor at one time.

Tommy Ashcroft died last year - well into his eighties and was still driving one of his own wagons up until a few months before he died. The business still exists at Rufford, although the last of the liveried wagons (ERF ECs) have now been sold. They now operate a clutch of white unlettered DAFs.

Thanks for the comments Marky,he sounds like he was a character still driving in his 80’s. :wink:
Any pics of his old motors ■■

Retired Old ■■■■:

oiltreader:
Oily

:confused:

Whos right then chaps ■■? Ray normally knows his cars wheres he too when you want a second opinion ■■ :laughing: :laughing:

Retired Old ■■■■:

smallcoal:

I reckon it was in the 1970s when robots were employed (on greatly reduced wages!) to spray bodies. It would have cost around 50% more to apply two colours on each car body. The last two-tone car I had was a 1966 Austin A60 Cambridge, bottom half light grey & off-white upper.
This does not count the several green & rust, blue & rust, even purple (!) & rust heaps that I owned for short periods of extreme poverty (spouse-instigated!)

Thanks for the comments “ROF” and “smallcoal” :smiley:

kingswinford kit:

MANTRONIC:
Keith and Geraint.
Yes thier was a Abernant driver based in Hay ,my father has a photo of his Atkinson 8 wheeler 427 ATG ,he later drove for Blueline . Abernant had drivers based nr Leominster also .
Geraint ,yes again one of the Hay drivers with Wm Morgan hauled a lot of wax up to Teeside docks for export ,the Lucas work went V J Morgan (Woodlands ) and they too hauled out of here to Germany and Portugal along with Owens . MT

H i Mt , the Abernant drivers in the Leominster area were probably based at Eardisland ,one of them was a former Bengrys driver from Kingsland ,themselves were steel hauliers .
remember Abernant on occasions loading at British Aluminium Resolven ,regards Keith

:smiley: :wink:

Right then chaps, there is a question at the end of todays photos,have a look and drop your answer on
here please. Should be intresting to see who gets it right ■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bulmers F88.They had a hard life on Bulmers double and triple manned. Article on page 122 about them.

Blue Dart Seddon Atkinson for the Welsh chaps.

Tilcon Foden for “windrush”

Cargill Albion ERF tanker. Know anything about these Chris Webb ■■?
Thats a rare one behind Coakes Transport Scania from Corfe Mullen. He still has a collection of some of
his old trucks and as far as i know he still shows them.

I think we have had this roadtrain on before ! Anyone recognise it ■■?

Says Robinson on the door of the ERF so i imagine it was on contract to Astbury Silca Co.

A & E Transport Scania from Sheffield.

James Brady from Carlisle. Smart looking FIAT,looks like trilex wheels on the front.

How about this one “FLOURPOWER”.

Citizen Seddon Atkinson draw-bar passing a Holts 400.

Right then chaps ,lets see who has been paying attention ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now i dont want any cheating read the question and answer please. No looking at old truck magazines
or google searches ! Read and answer. :smiley:

“What was the top selling 32 ton model sold in Britain in 1972 ?”

Make and model please.

I was only 6 in 1972 :laughing: :laughing: But i would have definately got this question wrong. :wink:

Should be intresting to see the answers and i will pop the answer on Sunday.

Will pop some more stuff on tonight ,off to work. :wink:

DEANB:
Right then chaps ,lets see who has been paying attention ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now i dont want any cheating read the question and answer please. No looking at old truck magazines

Make and model please.

I was only 6 in 1972 :laughing: :laughing: But i would have definately got this question wrong. :wink:

Dean ERF is my guess, cheers Buzzer

Buzzer:

DEANB:

Make and model please.

Dean ERF is my guess, cheers Buzzer

Ford D series? Just guessing Dean

DEANB:

Make and model please.:

Great question, without googling there is a few British marques I can guess at,

But I am going with Atkinson Borderer…

Dave…