PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

0499p.JPG

The coach was a one off from Foden with Northern Counties bodywork.
It was built in October 1979 for the works band to replace the one pictured below which had served for nearly 30 years.

Dieseldog66:
I thought Priors were based in Steeple Aston, Oily, but it was somewhere between Banbury and Oxford, so that narrows it down. lol

Their yard was next to the fire station on the Banbury/Kidlington road, houses on the site now.

Pete.

windrush:

Dieseldog66:
I thought Priors were based in Steeple Aston, Oily, but it was somewhere between Banbury and Oxford, so that narrows it down. lol

Their yard was next to the fire station on the Banbury/Kidlington road, houses on the site now.

Pete.

That was Benfields at
.Deddington, I’ll go with dieseldog at Steeple Aston.
Oily

Chris Webb:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean,the Guy has a Isle of Man MN reg,not sure who the operator is though.
The same wagon has been on here before…………

Unlike you not to know the company Chris !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Morning Dean.
I’ve only lived in Isle of Man for 13 years so that wagon is long gone.I’ve asked a local Manx friend of mine and he’s not sure of the owner either.Photos were taken in Douglas and Ballasalla.

Thanks Chris !! :laughing: :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Massey Brothers are still based at Cranage near Holmes Chapel, they also bought out Hunts at Great Haywood Staffs

Cheers Pete,nice to hear they are still going ! :wink:

pete smith:
Dean,
Chick Crossley’s motors moved animal by-products and that tank under the trailer caught the blood and snot!

Thanks for confirming what the box was all about Pete ! :wink:

Chris Webb:
Buckley Tankers were from Howley Lane, Warrington,I used to fill up there int 70s when I worked for A E Evans.They had a big mixed fleet,general as well as tankers.I think they were absorbed into TDG but not too sure about that. :confused:

Thanks for your comments Chris, i seem to remember we have had a few of theres on here earlier
in the thread. :smiley:

coomsey:
Could have been me in different colours. 180 ,6sp n thump along all day lol

Nice pic “coomsey” :smiley:

[zb]
anorak:

EDTRUCK:
Good afternoon DeanB,
The Foden Sandbach pic earlier on - that has to be a very rare coach, Foden chassis with what looks like VanHool bodywork?
Any of our bus/coach experts able to advise?
Ed

Looks a bit like a '70s Van Hool coach, as you say, but with flat front glass and quarterlights. I wonder if the chassis is Foden-built, or they just glued the contemporary Foden front onto a bus?
Equally remarkable- the Foden front panel/grille is late '70s to late '80s, yet there is an S18 lorry next to it, seemingly still in use.

Thanks for your comments “EDTRUCK” & “anorak” :smiley:

VALKYRIE:
TruckNetUK . Paul Gee’s Photo Collection . Page 268 or 269 . Foden Motorcoach . VALKYRIE . Monday,24th September,2018.
Foden 4XB6/16B/Northern Counties C33F Motorcoach,Chassis No.100010,Body No.8504, HRF 427V,June 1980. Foden Motor Works Band Motorcoach. Pinterest,Chris Hall. 1#
Built as a motorcoach to transport the Foden Motor Works Band,passed on to the Rhyl Football Club.Last licensed in March 1989.Became a Hippies
motorhome in mid Wales.
VALKYRIE

Thanks for the information “VALKYRIE” about the Foden coach and the photo. :smiley: :wink:

old 67:
I think it’s the 1980 Reg. Foden Works Band coach with a Northern Counties body. ( mind you, I thought that Lancia Beta was a Talbot Alpine !! :blush: ) Regards John.

Thanks for your comment John. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

moomooland:
It was built in October 1979 for the works band to replace the one pictured below which had served for nearly 30 years.

Thanks for the info Paul, i like the look of the old coach ! :wink:

Thanks to everyone for the comments about where Priors were based ! :laughing: :laughing:

“moomooland” Heres a bit you may find intresting chap about Kaye Goodfellow.

Kay Goodfellow..jpg

S70.jpg

From 1968,click on pages twice to read.

Looks like one of J.C.Dean’s to me. I think there yard is Salisbury way.

Freightline Scania.

Dunlopillo Dodge from Wales i seem to remember.

Doverstrand ERF tanker. Dont remember seeing one of these before ■■

Sanderson Seddon Atkinson 400. I cant understand why a haulier would not have there phone no address
etc on the truck. Unless this motor was on a long term contract possibly ■■? Anyone know anything about
Sanderson’s ■■

I hope you Welsh boys are paying attention. We have not had one of these on before.
Danygraig Brick Company Seddon Atkinson from Risca,Gwent.

Craddock Bros Atkinson.

Anyone recognise the F88 ■■?

Veales Transport Marathon. Anyone know anything about them,not much info on cab.

Austin Caulfield ERF. Cantmake out were they were based ■■

Morning Dean,
Another Cradddocks for you! Cheer’s Pete

oiltreader:

windrush:

Dieseldog66:

Pete.

That was Benfields at
Oily

Oops, I forgot about Benfields and I went past there every week!! :blush:

Pete.

Morning Dean.
Doverstrand had a site at Stallingborough,near Immingham,we used to take Vinyl Acetate there from Baglan Bay.I think they also had a place in Harlow,not sure about that. Arrow Bulk from Hull and Thomas Allen were their main contractor I think,sorry for being a bit hazy. :smiley:

Sandersons were from Middlesborough and they did a changeover with S Protheroe from Swansea way,changing over at Fradley near Lichfield,in the 70s. I’m almost certain that CLS from Scunthorpe took Protheroe over and R Durham from Teesside took Sandersons over.

DEANB:

Chris Webb:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean,the Guy has a Isle of Man MN reg,not sure who the operator is though.
The same wagon has been on here before…………

Unlike you not to know the company Chris !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
Morning Dean.
I’ve only lived in Isle of Man for 13 years so that wagon is long gone.I’ve asked a local Manx friend of mine and he’s not sure of the owner either.Photos were taken in Douglas and Ballasalla.

Thanks Chris !! :laughing: :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Massey Brothers are still based at Cranage near Holmes Chapel, they also bought out Hunts at Great Haywood Staffs

Cheers Pete,nice to hear they are still going ! :wink:

pete smith:
Dean,
Chick Crossley’s motors moved animal by-products and that tank under the trailer caught the blood and snot!

Thanks for confirming what the box was all about Pete ! :wink:

Chris Webb:
Buckley Tankers were from Howley Lane, Warrington,I used to fill up there int 70s when I worked for A E Evans.They had a big mixed fleet,general as well as tankers.I think they were absorbed into TDG but not too sure about that. :confused:

The yard and more modern warehouses are still there under the XPO banner now. Before TDG, IIRC Buckleys shared the yard with quite a few other firms inc Robsons of Carlisle, Irvings, Bishops Wharf and Bridgwater Transp of Manchester with the green Transcons
Thanks for your comments Chris, i seem to remember we have had a few of theres on here earlier
in the thread. :smiley:

coomsey:
Could have been me in different colours. 180 ,6sp n thump along all day lol

Nice pic “coomsey” :smiley:

[zb]
anorak:

EDTRUCK:
Good afternoon DeanB,
The Foden Sandbach pic earlier on - that has to be a very rare coach, Foden chassis with what looks like VanHool bodywork?
Any of our bus/coach experts able to advise?
Ed

Looks a bit like a '70s Van Hool coach, as you say, but with flat front glass and quarterlights. I wonder if the chassis is Foden-built, or they just glued the contemporary Foden front onto a bus?
Equally remarkable- the Foden front panel/grille is late '70s to late '80s, yet there is an S18 lorry next to it, seemingly still in use.

Thanks for your comments “EDTRUCK” & “anorak” :smiley:

VALKYRIE:
TruckNetUK . Paul Gee’s Photo Collection . Page 268 or 269 . Foden Motorcoach . VALKYRIE . Monday,24th September,2018.
Foden 4XB6/16B/Northern Counties C33F Motorcoach,Chassis No.100010,Body No.8504, HRF 427V,June 1980. Foden Motor Works Band Motorcoach. Pinterest,Chris Hall. 1#
Built as a motorcoach to transport the Foden Motor Works Band,passed on to the Rhyl Football Club.Last licensed in March 1989.Became a Hippies
motorhome in mid Wales.
VALKYRIE

Thanks for the information “VALKYRIE” about the Foden coach and the photo. :smiley: :wink:

old 67:
I think it’s the 1980 Reg. Foden Works Band coach with a Northern Counties body. ( mind you, I thought that Lancia Beta was a Talbot Alpine !! :blush: ) Regards John.

Thanks for your comment John. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

moomooland:

Thanks for the info Paul, i like the look of the old coach ! :wink:

Thanks to everyone for the comments about where Priors were based ! :laughing: :laughing:

DEANB:
Chew Bros Seddon Atkinson. Not sure if we have had one of these before,anyone know where they
were based ■■

Chew Bros was a small Blackburn operator, but with a tidy modern fleet, at least by the 1980s

DEANB:
Ashcrofts Atkinson. Cant remember seeing one of these before.Anyone know where they were based ?

Tommy Ashcroft was a long time Pandoro subby, based in Rufford in West Lancashire. He had a handful of Atkis like this, and I believe he even operated a Bedford KM tractor at one time.

The trailer looks unfamiliar, but the box looks like a Pandoro (ex-Ferrymasters Ireland, I think) ‘bulktainer’, and which would have loaded out of ICI Fibres at Pontypool before purpose-built tanker trailers were bought

DEANB:

Freightline Scania.

Sanderson Seddon Atkinson 400. I cant understand why a haulier would not have there phone no address
etc on the truck. Unless this motor was on a long term contract possibly ■■? Anyone know anything about
Sanderson’s ■■

I hope you Welsh boys are paying attention. We have not had one of these on before.

Craddock Bros Atkinson.

Veales Transport Marathon. Anyone know anything about them,not much info on cab.

Hello DEAN …yes we have paid attention …Danygraig from Risca also had earlier Atkinsons …and Dullopilla were from Hirwaen …lol …Geraint .

DEANB:

Freightline Scania.

Sanderson’s ■■

Craddock Bros Atkinson.

Austin Caulfield (I think) had several yards but was based at Culcheth nr Warrington (nr Risley prison. He also operated from the old Lancashire Steelworks at Irlam and I think he may have had been involved with Wardell Warehousing (Lever bros)

Hi Dean
We had a couple of Sandersons on near the beginning of this thread. As Chris has said Arthur Sandersons were taken over by R Durhams and company painted both companies in same livery but different colours phone number is on the doors. After a few years Sandersons yard was closed and all was run out of Durhams yard in Billingham. Durhams then became part of the PD Group (Powell Duffreyn) . PD now run Teesport and Durhams wagons are still running out of Billingham under the Portcentric name. Couple of shots of fleet colours. And final one of driver who had the Borderer and an ERF in the later colours.

A02569.JPG

CNV00023.JPG

sandersons 11.jpg

jshepguis:
Hi Dean
We had a couple of Sandersons on near the beginning of this thread. As Chris has said Arthur Sandersons were taken over by R Durhams and company painted both companies in same livery but different colours phone number is on the doors. After a few years Sandersons yard was closed and all was run out of Durhams yard in Billingham. Durhams then became part of the PD Group (Powell Duffreyn) . PD now run Teesport and Durhams wagons are still running out of Billingham under the Portcentric name. Couple of shots of fleet colours. And final one of driver who had the Borderer and an ERF in the later colours.

R Durhams also had a yard at Hill top West Bromwich, the former BRS depot, a bit more useless info! Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

jshepguis:
Hi Dean

R Durhams also had a yard at Hill top West Bromwich, the former BRS depot, a bit more useless info! Cheer’s Pete

They also had a yard in corporation rd Newport

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
Another Cradddocks for you! Cheer’s Pete

Thanks Pete, nice pic. :wink:

windrush:
That was Benfields at
Oily.
Oops, I forgot about Benfields and I went past there every week!! :blush:
Pete.

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.
Doverstrand had a site at Stallingborough,near Immingham,we used to take Vinyl Acetate there from Baglan Bay.I think they also had a place in Harlow,not sure about that. Arrow Bulk from Hull and Thomas Allen were their main contractor I think,sorry for being a bit hazy. :smiley:

Sandersons were from Middlesborough and they did a changeover with S Protheroe from Swansea way,changing over at Fradley near Lichfield,in the 70s. I’m almost certain that CLS from Scunthorpe took Protheroe over and R Durham from Teesside took Sandersons over.

Thanks for the comments Chris ,you certainly have a good memory ! :smiley: :wink:

240 Gardner:
Chew Bros Seddon Atkinson. Not sure if we have had one of these before,anyone know where they were based ■■

Chew Bros was a small Blackburn operator, but with a tidy modern fleet, at least by the 1980s

Thanks for the info Chris. :wink:

240 Gardner:
Ashcrofts Atkinson. Cant remember seeing one of these before.Anyone know where they were based ?

Tommy Ashcroft was a long time Pandoro subby, based in Rufford in West Lancashire. He had a handful of Atkis like this, and I believe he even operated a Bedford KM tractor at one time.
The trailer looks unfamiliar, but the box looks like a Pandoro (ex-Ferrymasters Ireland, I think) ‘bulktainer’, and which would have loaded out of ICI Fibres at Pontypool before purpose-built tanker trailers were bought

Thanks again Chris,more good info ! :smiley:

kenfig bill:

Hello DEAN …yes we have paid attention …Danygraig from Risca also had earlier Atkinsons …and Dullopilla were from Hirwaen …lol …Geraint .

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

hayday:

Austin Caulfield (I think) had several yards but was based at Culcheth nr Warrington (nr Risley prison. He also operated from the old Lancashire Steelworks at Irlam and I think he may have had been involved with Wardell Warehousing (Lever bros)

Thanks for the comments “hayday” . You dont hear of anybody being called Austin anymore ! :smiley:

jshepguis:
Hi Dean

Thanks for the comments “jshepguis” .Just blew that pic up and you are right there is a phone number
on the door. :wink:

pete smith:

:laughing: :laughing: :wink:

smallcoal:
They also had a yard in corporation rd Newport

:wink:

The unidentified F88 is ex Dawsonfreight, no idea who was operating at the time of the pic though.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■?

P6040067p.JPG

Westcombe Waste MAN.

P6040073p.JPG

Somerfield Volvo.

P6040057p.JPG

Wincanton Scania tanker.

P6060089p.JPG

W.A.Warehousing DAF.

P8130010p.JPG

C.R.S. Iveco and MAN.

P8130049p.JPG

Seaforth DAF.

P8130046p.JPG

J.H.Willis ERF milk tanker.

P8130065p.JPG

Stan Robinson Scania.

P8130074p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Scania heavy haulage unit ■■?

P8130020p.JPG