PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Hi Dean, a couple from Speech House 2016.
Oily

Dodge 29643651720_40212d9a0b_o.jpg

Double post :blush:

pete 359:

blackshadow:
The Ex Smiths of Maddison A series ERF was bought from Sidney Hartley by my father JG Bagot of Ribchester Lancashire. It had a 240 Gardner and 9 speed fuller gearbox. It is seen here coupled to to what was its normal trailer a Nevell bulk tipping trailer which had a Lister donkey engine to tip the trailer. This tractor unit replaced a F regestered 2 pedal Leyland beaver TWU 790 F. If anybody can clean up this photo so I can see the registraton number I would appreciate it as I can’t remember it

Hi Ian,
I’ve tried mate…

Thanks Andrew I appreciate you tried,

DEANB:
Army Foden.

Taken at the Foden factory.

Anyone recognise the GUY ■■?

Anyone recogise the Maggie ■■?

Corralls Volvo F7

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■?

Foreign Volvo F12.

Tony Bull Foden.

What make is the old fire engine ■■

Foreign Mercedes.

Hi DEAN ,the Maggie again looks like G DJ Price ,of Nash Newport ,regards Keith

Hi Dean,
Great photos again.Regarding the Rechem FODEN,There was/is? a Rechem plant near Griffithstown in Pontypool.Maybe they were ■■■■■■■ with waste giant BIFFA? not sure on that last bit tbh…
regards Andrew.

Thanks for the brochures and photos Robert of the Dodge. The 350 on would have been a flying machine
in its day ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

marktaff:
BRS DAF.
Hi Dean,
I posted this a few pages back thanks to you !
I mentioned Morris Bros Swansea were the main B + I line hauliers and Paul has captured a perfect pic of one Of Morris Bros Fiat units hear with a B + I line trailer…
They were the first Fiat units to be operated in the Swansea area by Morris Bros if my memory serves me right I think they operated about four of them…they were sign written in the truck rental logo but never spot hired or rented to anyone else…it was said back then it was to do with the tax system :smiley:

Great pics once again Dean.

Regards Mark

I do remember you commenting on that Mark,glad you like the pics and thanks for the info on Morris Bros. :wink:

oiltreader:
Hi Dean, a couple from Speech House 2016.
Oily

Nice pics Oily,they look proper tidy there chap ! :laughing:

blackshadow:

pete 359:

blackshadow:
The Ex Smiths of Maddison A series ERF was bought from Sidney Hartley by my father JG Bagot of Ribchester Lancashire. It had a 240 Gardner and 9 speed fuller gearbox. It is seen here coupled to to what was its normal trailer a Nevell bulk tipping trailer which had a Lister donkey engine to tip the trailer. This tractor unit replaced a F regestered 2 pedal Leyland beaver TWU 790 F. If anybody can clean up this photo so I can see the registraton number I would appreciate it as I can’t remember it

Hi Ian,
I’ve tried mate…

Thanks Andrew I appreciate you tried,

Ian, Paul has already cleaned the pic up as best as he could as some have deteriorated due to age. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
Anyone recogise the Maggie ■■?

Hi DEAN ,the Maggie again looks like G DJ Price ,of Nash Newport ,regards Keith

Thanks Keith ! :smiley:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Great photos again.Regarding the Rechem FODEN,There was/is? a Rechem plant near Griffithstown in Pontypool.Maybe they were ■■■■■■■ with waste giant BIFFA? not sure on that last bit tbh…
regards Andrew.

Thanks for your comments Andrew ! :wink:

Meachers from Southampton ERF.

P2140129.JPG

Typical white modern truck.

P3010029p.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

P3020067p.JPG

The writing is not very clear on the MAN ■■

P4030034p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Scania ■■?

P4030041p.JPG

E.Robson & Son Mercedes.

P4030045p.JPG

J.M.Transport Scania.

P4030061p.JPG

DET Logistics Volvo

P4030072.JPG

Anyone recognise the DAF ,think it says milk on the side ■■?

P4030074p.JPG

S.W.Roberts Volvo from Wales.

P4030091p.JPG

Heres one for “marktaff” another one of Morris Bros FIAT’s.

A02445.JPG

Robert Garner ERF.

A02459.JPG

Brookfield Transport Seddon Atkinson.

A02495.JPG

Planet Group of Companies Volvo F86.

A02496.JPG

British Industrial Sand ERF. Posted a bit about them on page 235.

A02511.JPG

Rockwool ERF.

A02504.JPG

Tone Vale Transport tidy Maggie.

A02597.JPG

Wynns Crusader. Patrick will like that. :wink:

A02609.JPG

F & S Gibbs Berliet.

A02654.JPG

One for JAKEY, Western BRS Leyland Buffalo looking a bit tired. :wink:

A02696.JPG

DEANB:

E.Robson & Son Mercedes.

J.M.Transport Scania.

DET Logistics Volvo

Hi Dean, Broadleaze on the M.A.N., and Dairy Crest on the Leyland Daf. Regards, Ray.

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:

E.Robson & Son Mercedes.

J.M.Transport Scania.

DET Logistics Volvo

Hi Dean, Broadleaze on the M.A.N., and Dairy Crest on the Leyland Daf. Regards, Ray.

Thankyou for the Rockwool photo Dean,i stand corrected but the driver looks like a younger Alfie Davies[rip].
Great photo of the Western Brs Buffalo which i think is a Bath Road Melksham depot motor.
I wonder if Spiers bought it after.
Dai

Thank you Dean,

Yes the old Buffalo does look a bit rough :open_mouth: ,not for me thank you , I do like the Rockwool ERF you posted , DAI has the drivers name In hand , there BRS Bridgend motors were always turned out well .

A04019p.JPGThese draw-bar outfits operated by Heatons were used mainly on their Pilkington Fiberglass contract.

As well as running Seddon draw-bars they also ran a few of these AEC Mandator’s on the contract which were fitted with large fuel tanks.

DEANB:
Heres a couple of pics for “Bubbs” :laughing: :wink:

Quality of the first one is a bit iffy but the magazine is 50 years old ! :smiley:

Great stuff Dean,obviously NGO was before my time,but there were a few drivers at WT that were there when she was on operational trials.She was known as NOGO from her number plate but she was the complete opposite,it went like the clappers.Brian Perks recalled to me that when on night trunk to London when it got to the two lane bit at Cherhill on the A4 (by the white horse) it would march on past all the BRS Mandators going up the hill and with 20 tons of cocoa beans on its back.If you look at the black and white shot you’ll see it when it first was lent to WT and in the colour pic you can see that the mirror arms are located on the front pillars and has a different front bottom grille,this came about as it got recabbed after an accident,apparently it was going too fast on the Chiswick flyover and “took off”…the resulting accident required a new cab!!.Here another pic of her.
Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Ray Smyth:

Thanks for the names Ray. :wink:

scania81:
Thankyou for the Rockwool photo Dean,i stand corrected but the driver looks like a younger Alfie Davies[rip].
Great photo of the Western Brs Buffalo which i think is a Bath Road Melksham depot motor.
I wonder if Spiers bought it after.
Dai

Thanks for the comments Dai ! :smiley:

JAKEY:
Thank you Dean,
Yes the old Buffalo does look a bit rough :open_mouth: ,not for me thank you , I do like the Rockwool ERF you posted , DAI has the drivers name In hand , there BRS Bridgend motors were always turned out well .

Looks like the Buffalo had done a bit JAKEY. :laughing: :laughing:

moomooland:
1These draw-bar outfits operated by Heatons were used mainly on their Pilkington Fiberglass contract.

As well as running Seddon draw-bars they also ran a few of these AEC Mandator’s on the contract which were fitted with large fuel tanks.

Thanks for the info and pic Paul. :smiley: :wink:

bubbleman:

DEANB:
Heres a couple of pics for “Bubbs” :laughing: :wink:
Quality of the first one is a bit iffy but the magazine is 50 years old ! :smiley:

Great stuff Dean,obviously NGO was before my time,but there were a few drivers at WT that were there when she was on operational trials.She was known as NOGO from her number plate but she was the complete opposite,it went like the clappers.Brian Perks recalled to me that when on night trunk to London when it got to the two lane bit at Cherhill on the A4 (by the white horse) it would march on past all the BRS Mandators going up the hill and with 20 tons of cocoa beans on its back.If you look at the black and white shot you’ll see it when it first was lent to WT and in the colour pic you can see that the mirror arms are located on the front pillars and has a different front bottom grille,this came about as it got recabbed after an accident,apparently it was going too fast on the Chiswick flyover and “took off”…the resulting accident required a new cab!!.Here another pic of her.
Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Nice pic Bubbs ! :smiley: Thats a classic “took off” ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tesco ERF

L1751p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Ford D series tipper ■■ Not sure why a side panel is missing on the tipper
body. It must have been one of those you could take the sides off and use as a flat.

L1760p.JPG

Calor ERF.

L1827p.JPG

“windrush” Heres a nice one for you chap. :wink:

L1791p.JPG

L1840p.JPG

Associated Asphalt Atkinson.Are you lot paying attention ? Whats rare about this photo ■■? :unamused:

L1865p.JPG

Upton Oil Company Fodens.The old and the new.

L1895p.JPG

Hansons ERF

L1883p.JPG

Phoenix Steel Tube cracking looking Foden.

L1913p.JPG

JAKEY, North Western BRS.

L2035p.JPG

DEANB:
Tesco ERF

Anyone recognise the Ford D series tipper ■■ Not sure why a side panel is missing on the tipper
body. It must have been one of those you could take the sides off and use as a flat.

Calor ERF.

“windrush” Heres a nice one for you chap. :wink:

Associated Asphalt Atkinson.Are you lot paying attention ? Whats rare about this photo ■■? :unamused:

Upton Oil Company Fodens.The old and the new.

Hansons ERF

Phoenix Steel Tube cracking looking Foden.

JAKEY, North Western BRS.

Looks like the Atkinson has alloy wheels fitted Dean [emoji1303]

The Atkinson has a double arm wiper as fitted to coaches , very unusual .

I reckon the Scania 81 is one of Williams Brothers from North Wales - Wrexham or Denbigh IIRC,it has a Chester reg plate.

Does the white steering wheel in the Atki mean it was a motor show chassis? I recall one of the manufacturers fitted white steering wheels to all the lorries they exhibited at the motor show, but can’t remember if it were Atkinson.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

The Radiator with hole and the 150 Engine perhaps, come on Dean we are struggling, Harvey