dodgek11.jpg

1974 Price list. £10,000

Test match 1980.

Click on pages twice to view.

Truck in service.

Adverts.

Click on pages twice to read.

Remember seeing Burgoynes around !

Hi dean,the red truck was preserved by my mate Mike Harris it is in porthcawl truck show this weekend also the army brought this down from hull ,there’s pics I put on of the show on South Wales thread

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

smallcoal:
Hi dean,the red truck was preserved by my mate Mike Harris it is in porthcawl truck show this weekend also the army brought this down from hull ,there’s pics I put on of the show on South Wales thread

Thanks for the pics John, shame you had wet weather after all the sun we have had recently,bloody typical. :wink:

Ken Thomas DAF.

P2140136p.JPG

Cork Scania.

P3010005p.JPG

SITA Scania.

P2260005p.JPG

Somerfield Volvo

P3010053p.JPG

Heres one for the Welsh boys Owens.

P8150078p.JPG

P.M.Rees & Son ERF tanker.

P8160037p.JPG

Rackham Foden.

P8160122p.JPG

Hicks DAF from South Wales.

P8220141p.JPG

Ewenny Quarry DAF powder tanker.

P8160190p.JPG

Paxfords Renault.

P8160054p.JPG

Ewenny quarry,Bridgend owned by Hanson ,I think that unit was mini mix judging by the writing on the door ,pax ford are from blockley by chipping Camden there’s a big brickworks there owned by pax fords,rackham is the the concrete flooring in cinderford cheers John

smallcoal:
Ewenny quarry,Bridgend owned by Hanson ,I think that unit was mini mix judging by the writing on the door ,pax ford are from blockley by chipping Camden there’s a big brickworks there owned by pax fords,rackham is the the concrete flooring in cinderford cheers John

Thanks for the info on those John, good stuff chap ! :laughing: :wink:

Heres one for “FLOURPOWER” Hovis Foden.

A02473.JPG

United Biscuits Seddon Atkinson.

A02478.JPG

Re Chem Biffa Foden. Strange name ?

A02483.JPG

Henry Cole ERF

A02485.JPG

R.J.Pountain ERF.

A02487.JPG

W.A.Glendinning ERF.

A02486.JPG

Redland Leyland.

A02488.JPG

Gold Crown Mercedes.

A02490.JPG

Morris Bros Van & Truck Rental Fiat pulling a B & I Line trailer.

A02565.JPG

Richard Marston ERF from South Wales.

A02823.JPG

Heres a couple of pics for “Bubbs” :laughing: :wink:

Quality of the first one is a bit iffy but the magazine is 50 years old ! :smiley:

aec western 683.PNG

aec western 684.PNG

Regarding the interesting Dodge articles you have posted Dean here’s a little something from the Isle of Man…

Spanish Dodge Reg No B161 MAN was one of a pair owned new by the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company and which were sold on to Manx Sea Ferry Freight Ltd when they quit their own road freight operation.
The two pictures above were are taken at the Laxey Pipe Factory delivering roof trusses in March 1987 following a serious fire which gutted the building.

Dodge Reg No B161 MAN seen after being repainted in Manx Sea Ferry Freight Ltd livery.
It is pictured moving chimney inserts for what was at the time the new diesel fueled Pulrose Power Station exhaust chimney.
The loads came into Ramsey on a coaster and were transported to Douglas.
In all there were about 15 loads and the inserts were threaded into a concrete chimney, hoisted up and were then bolted together.
The diesel power station has since been decommissioned and replaced with gas turbines and the original chimney demolished.

This shot reminds me of the opening credits of a James Bond film. :smiley:

moomooland:
Regarding the interesting Dodge articles you have posted Dean here’s a little something from the Isle of Man…

Spanish Dodge Reg No B161 MAN was one of a pair owned new by the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company and which were sold on to Manx Sea Ferry Freight Ltd when they quit their own road freight operation.
The two pictures above were are taken at the Laxey Pipe Factory delivering roof trusses in March 1987 following a serious fire which gutted the building.

Dodge Reg No B161 MAN seen after being repainted in Manx Sea Ferry Freight Ltd livery.
It is pictured moving chimney inserts for what was at the time the new diesel fueled Pulrose Power Station exhaust chimney.
The loads came into Ramsey on a coaster and were transported to Douglas.
In all there were about 15 loads and the inserts were threaded into a concrete chimney, hoisted up and were then bolted together.
The diesel power station has since been decommissioned and replaced with gas turbines and the original chimney demolished.

This shot reminds me of the opening credits of a James Bond film. :smiley:

Very good Paul ! Some nice pics, i like the bit about James Bond ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Heres B161 MAN possibly when Manx Sea Ferry sold it ■■ :wink:

L0739.JPG

Here’s another one that i think was also taken on the Isle of Man,i wonder if this was the other one that
Isle of Man Steam Packet Company bought ■■?

Maybe Chris Webb will know more.

L0589p.JPG

LHD ■■■■■■■ 350-powered option. robert

Random LHD Barrieros-Dodges. Robert

6008.jpg

File3275.jpg

img251.jpg

LHD Dodge (French) with 9-speed Fuller :sunglasses: . Robert

more proof of LHD F9 Dodge 300.jpg

Some hi-roofed examples! Robert

6006.jpg

File3277.jpg

marktaff:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Mercedes arriving at Poole docks ■■ Fridge looks like it has a distinctive blue strip ■■

BRS DAF.

A02565.jpg

Gibbs ERF.

Budget Bedford.

Some new Fodens.

Greenwoods DAF in Poole.They used to collect alot of trailer from Poole docks
loaded with Zanussi washing machines.

Little Canford Haulage from Wimborne. Long gone now the owner used to run about 5 rigids
from a garage that is still going in Wimborne.

Unusual shot. A bit before my time chaps,think its a Leyland or Albion ■■?

Anyone recognise the GUY,think its Isle of Man,so Chris may know ■■

Edwards of Hull Crusader.

Hi Dean,
The BRS DAF here is coming out of the old entrance to Swansea dock…it’s pulling a B + I line trailer…B + I used Swansea dock for freight from Ireland back in the late 70s early 80s. …Morris Bros were the main contractor though.

Regards Mark

Hi Dean,
I posted this a few pages back thanks to you !
I mentioned Morris Bros Swansea were the main B + I line hauliers and Paul has captured a perfect pic of one Of Morris Bros Fiat units hear with a B + I line trailer…
They were the first Fiat units to be operated in the Swansea area by Morris Bros if my memory serves me right I think they operated about four of them…they were sign written in the truck rental logo but never spot hired or rented to anyone else…it was said back then it was to do with the tax system :smiley:

Great pics once again Dean.

Regards Mark

L0379p.jpg