PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

newmercman:
Does the white steering wheel in the Atki mean it was a motor show chassis? I recall one of the manufacturers fitted white steering wheels to all the lorries they exhibited at the motor show, but can’t remember if it were Atkinson.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Fodens fitted white steering wheels, gear lever knobs and a chromed gear lever to some show models. Dad had a S20 ‘chinese six’ like that on Thermalite.

Pete.

Cheers Pete, I knew at least one of the manufacturers did it. After posting I thought I’d got it wrong and it was a Leyland policy, now you say Foden did it, maybe they all did at the time? Stupid idea if you ask me, the only thing white in a lorry cab should be the bread your butties are made from.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

DEANB:
Tesco ERF

Anyone recognise the Ford D series tipper ■■ Not sure why a side panel is missing on the tipper
body. It must have been one of those you could take the sides off and use as a flat.

Calor ERF.

“windrush” Heres a nice one for you chap. :wink:

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■?

Associated Asphalt Atkinson.Are you lot paying attention ? Whats rare about this photo ■■? :unamused:

Upton Oil Company Fodens.The old and the new.

Hansons ERF

Phoenix Steel Tube cracking looking Foden.

JAKEY, North Western BRS.

Hi Dean, The Atkinson has a wiper blade action similar to the type fitted to
buses and coaches with large windscreens. The blade remains upright when
in use, I cant remember what they are called. Ray.

Or were you just alluding to the number on the plate pre-dating plates with white (instead of black) backgrounds Dean? Robert

Apart from what has already been mentioned about the single headlamp Atki, it appears to be double drive which may be unusual for a tanker, but there is something a bit odd about the silencer which doesn’t look quite right for a supposedly Gardner powered vehicle, it is too far to the n/s and seems to have a curved inlet on the n/s. This along with the two circles behind the radiator grille, which may be electric cooling fans or perhaps radio speakers! :smiley:, hint that perhaps this is Rolls Royce petrol powered? It could of course the AEC powered.

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:
Tesco ERF

Anyone recognise the Ford D series tipper ■■ Not sure why a side panel is missing on the tipper
body. It must have been one of those you could take the sides off and use as a flat.

Calor ERF.

Associated Asphalt Atkinson.Are you lot paying attention ? Whats rare about this photo ■■? :unamused:

Hansons ERF

Hi Dean, The Atkinson has a wiper blade action similar to the type fitted to
buses and coaches with large windscreens. The blade remains upright when
in use, I cant remember what they are called. Ray.

Pantograph I think is the word you’re looking for.

DEANB:
Tesco ERF

Calor ERF.

Hansons ERF

Hello Dean the green Scania is ex Williams bros ,wondering if it up with Cadwallader of High Ercall nr Shrewsbury ,they had a few ex Williams motors ,thank you Trevor

The Tilcon Foden isn’t from our area, not with those front wheel trims missing. Our TM wouldn’t have let it run around looking tatty like that! :laughing:

Pete.

Love the BRS Crusader DEAN , Looks blinged up with the odd car wheel trim ,curtains round the back window and most likely a mattress in the cab too .

Hi dean,the Phoenix tubes are Midlands based we used to take steel up there

Hi Dean,
It’s the same unit that you posted a couple of days ago but now pulling a flat…same driver to I think it’s the late Derrick Protheroe…he drove for Morris Bros for many years…I think he may have pipework on there from Unit super heaters Swansea…another great pic Dean.

Regards Mark

A02445.jpg

hi Dean
I like All Italian trucks and Eastern Europe trucks.

marktaff:
Hi Dean,
It’s the same unit that you posted a couple of days ago but now pulling a flat…same driver to I think it’s the late Derrick Protheroe…he drove for Morris Bros for many years…I think he may have pipework on there from Unit super heaters Swansea…another great pic Dean.

Regards Mark

Hi mark ,that name is ringing a bell with me ,how you keeping sorry not been in touch flat out with our joke of a company I had night out Monday out tomorrow night as well own Cornwall how’s your mother hope all is well cheers John

Chris Webb:
I reckon the Scania 81 is one of Williams Brothers from North Wales - Wrexham or Denbigh IIRC,it has a Chester reg plate.

Cheers Chris. :wink:

tastrucker:

Hello Dean the green Scania is ex Williams bros ,wondering if it up with Cadwallader of High Ercall nr Shrewsbury ,they had a few ex Williams motors ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for confirming what Chris said Trevor. :wink:

windrush:
The Tilcon Foden isn’t from our area, not with those front wheel trims missing. Our TM wouldn’t have let it run around looking tatty like that! :laughing:
Pete.

:laughing: :laughing: :wink:

JAKEY:
Love the BRS Crusader DEAN , Looks blinged up with the odd car wheel trim ,curtains round the back window and most likely a mattress in the cab too .

They seemed to like there Crusaders JAKEY as we have had alot of them in various BRS colours. :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,the Phoenix tubes are Midlands based we used to take steel up there

Thanks John,not sure where Mark took that pic but he worked at Foden for a while so probably took around
that area. :smiley:

marktaff:
Hi Dean,
Regards Mark

Thanks for the info Mark ! :smiley: :wink:

sm240:
hi Dean
I like All Italian trucks and Eastern Europe trucks.

I will see what i can find ! :unamused:

With regard to the Atkinson photo you are all wrong ! :unamused: Bit like your old school reports where it said you
must try harder. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: The answer is very simple its parked and not on the move like about
99% of the pics ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Sorry i could not resist it this morning ! :wink: Mind you,got you all
thinking. :laughing: :laughing:

What a tragedy the bridge collapsing at Genoa was yesterday. RIP to all the people that lost there lives.

Like alot of people on here i have been over it in a truck. The last time was around 2008.

I still cant believe it ,what a shock ! You just never know.

Heres a few photos to give anyone that has not been over a view of it.

IR264960.JPG

IR266592.JPG

J.W.Owen ERF’s.

L0781p.JPG

A.Leech & Sons ERF.

L0647p.JPG

New Foden on trade plates.

L0699p.JPG

Anyone recognise the MAN ■■?

L0706p.JPG

Meeks of Kirkby Volvo F7.

L0753p.JPG

Anyone recognise the FIAT ■■ Something truck hire ■■?

L0354p.JPG

The Crewe School of Motoring vehicle has seen the life ? Is it a Bedford ■■

L0745p.JPG

Edwawads of Hull.

L0792p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo ■■?

L0776p.JPG

Old GUY.

L0314p.JPG

Morning dean.the Erf is a bit close to the car behind the Volvo ,as for the bridge accident that is bad ,as you say rip to all involved :frowning: ,

smallcoal:
Morning dean.the Erf is a bit close to the car behind the Volvo ,as for the bridge accident that is bad ,as you say rip to all involved :frowning: ,

Morning John, I think they are parked mate ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Still cant believe that the bridge collapsed chap. I seem to remember, and i am sure other people
will remember that about 10-15 years ago they shut off two of the lanes on the Thelwall Viaduct.
This was so that emergency repairs could be made as when they checked it underneath it was missing
tons of steel and concrete etc which had fallen into the canal.

B.Chilton & Sons F88 from Wales.

A02742.JPG

Sutherlands Seddon Atkinson.

A02736.JPG

Kerr and Carr Haulage Scania.

A02737.JPG

Geo Beer & Sons ERF from Swansea.

A02741.JPG

One for “240Gardner” P & O Coastal Roadways ERF. I see “moomooland” is in the background hammering
his Ford D series Remploy draw-bar down the road. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

A02751.JPG

Better put another one of these on for JAKEY. Eastern BRS.

A02767.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo F7 draw-bar ■■?

A02753.JPG

Kettlewell & Son’s tidy F10 bulker.

A02757.JPG

David Cullen Marathon with a small tipper trailer. Anyone recognise this motor,was he an owner driver
or a company out of intrest.

A02788.JPG

Lucas Ford D series artic.

A02766.JPG

Wow ,the Crusader looks loaded well ,but it could handle it no problem.