PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Morning Dean,
F Lloyd were from Penley near Wrexham.
A V Lucas was from Wolverhampton, I can remember some Ergo cabbed rigids but not the Merc, Cheer’s Pete

L2156p.JPG

L2165p.JPG

Morning Dean,
Heading North on the A77 past Ballantrae Sunday afternoon and coming towards me in the distance was an old Atki boarderer, dark blue with a flat trailer and if it was not for the bright green sheeting it could have been a working truck, fantastic to see.
However, what a shock I had as I passed it, I was higher than its roof, it rearly brought it home to me how things have changed, such a pitty I did not have a camera on board.
When I look at Pauls pictures now i will have a different perspective, Thanks, Harvey

I remember in the 1950s/early 60s thinking that Leyland Octos and Fodens were HUGE machines. And it was a two-step climb into a Bedford S-type!

DEANB:
Some dodgy ones from a mile away.

Anyone recognise the Atkinson. Looks like UB on the cab. United something possibly ■■

Mr Kipling Cakes Seddon.

Air Products i think ?

Sunblest Atkinson.

ERF flat bed
6RICHARD READ ERF WITH TRAILER NUMBERS THAT BIG!

Scammell Handyman bulker ?

Castrol GUY tanker.

ICI Atkinson i think.

Looks like EAC on the door of the Volvo ■■

BRS Scania.

DEANB:

Anyone recognise the Atkinson. Looks like UB on the cab. United something possibly ■■

Mr Kipling Cakes Seddon.

Air Products i think ?

Sunblest Atkinson.

ERF flat bed ?

Scammell Handyman bulker ?

Castrol GUY tanker.

ICI Atkinson i think.

Looks like EAC on the door of the Volvo ■■

BRS Scania.

Hi Dean, With regard to the Seddon artic boxvan picture, I have just remembered their advertising slogan,
Mr Kipling…Makes “Exceedingly Good Cakes”. I delivered many bags of Rank Hovis flour to Mr Kipling bakery
on the A34 at Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire in the 1980s. Kind Regards, Ray.

Buzzer:
Well blow me down at last, as you say Dean shame its not one of the older ones especially in the two tone blue with red chassis my favourite colours although I think the present ones look modern. Remember years ago the sign writers used to fill up both side of the cab but nowadays it just bold letters saying who you are in most cases, 10 new frigos on there way a repeat order from Chereau starting mid August so watch this space, cheers for the picture thank Paul mate, Buzzer.

Good timing too bang on me birthday mate.

How weird was that on your birthday ,hope you had a good day chap ! :laughing: :wink:

Chris Webb:
Williams Seddon Atkinson. Is it Welsh ■■

The address looks like Tyldesley Manchester and it does have a RJ Salford/Manchester reg.

Cheers Chris. :wink:

Stanfield:
The Routeman with the Biesty headboard would have been one of the last vehicles purchased by John Biesty Ltd before they sold out to Staveley Industries in 1973 its definatley had a change of body and a repaint so I wonder why they left the headboard in place? strange one that.
Biesty if I remember bought 6 Routemans in total 2J reg 2K reg and 2L reg although for the life of me I cant remember this reg but it is a M/chester number.

Thanks for the info “Stanfield” :smiley: :smiley:

moomooland:
1J Williams & Son Ltd were from Chaddock Lane Astley, just off the East Lancs Road, and ran a number of Seddon Atkinson tractor unit’s.

Thanks for the info Paul and the pic. :wink:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
A V Lucas was from Wolverhampton, I can remember some Ergo cabbed rigids but not the Merc, Cheer’s Pete

Cheers Pete. :smiley:

HRS:
Morning Dean,
Heading North on the A77 past Ballantrae Sunday afternoon and coming towards me in the distance was an old Atki boarderer, dark blue with a flat trailer and if it was not for the bright green sheeting it could have been a working truck, fantastic to see.
However, what a shock I had as I passed it, I was higher than its roof, it rearly brought it home to me how things have changed, such a pitty I did not have a camera on board.
When I look at Pauls pictures now i will have a different perspective, Thanks, Harvey

I know what you mean Harvey bit like cars from the 1970s etc seen a few old Fords and a mini recently
and they look tiny compared to even small cars today. :laughing:

Retired Old ■■■■:
I remember in the 1950s/early 60s thinking that Leyland Octos and Fodens were HUGE machines. And it was a two-step climb into a Bedford S-type!

:confused: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

wideboybob:
ERF flat bed
RICHARD READ ERF WITH TRAILER NUMBERS THAT BIG!

Thanks Bob for confirming that. :wink:

Ray Smyth:
Mr Kipling Cakes Seddon.

Hi Dean, With regard to the Seddon artic boxvan picture, I have just remembered their advertising slogan,
Mr Kipling…Makes “Exceedingly Good Cakes”. I delivered many bags of Rank Hovis flour to Mr Kipling bakery
on the A34 at Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire in the 1980s. Kind Regards, Ray.

Thanks for the input Ray. :wink:

Some from a mile away.

Anyone recognise the ERF ?

Diversey System ERF tanker.

Anyone recognise the Seddon. Looks like a load of window frames.

Cant make the name out on the F88 bulker,someone may recognise the style of writing on the door.I am 100%
sure we have had a pic of one of these F88’s before but cant remember the name of the company. I remember
the Surname being on a angle on the door.

Hobbs & Son Bedford.

Someone may recognise the two colour cabbed Atkinson bulker ■■

Amey Roadstone Foden.

Looks like a ICI Seddon Atkinson.

Tate & Lyle. Is it a Leyland or AEC ■■ Can you tell from that angle ?

Think it says Westworths ■■ on the ERF draw-bar. Bit of an unusal combination.

Duckhams Seddon Atkinson tanker.

L1792p.JPG

Wincanton Transport Foden.

L1757p.JPG

Smith for Service ERF.

L1530p.JPG

Possibly a ERF demonstrator ?

L1765p.JPG

T.Price Leyland.

L1810p.JPG

Tesco ERF.

L1843p.JPG

Possibly a ICI DAF ■■

L1850p.JPG

T.J.Reed Services Scania.

L1851p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Ford Transcon ■■

L1864p.JPG

Supreme Salt tidy ERF.

L1882p.JPG

Hi Dean.That Diversey ERF 6-legger looks very much like a Harold Wood contract vehicle possibly based at the side of the A38 Ripley by-pass near Alfreton where Diversey had a site.

And the wagon and drag is one of Whitworths Foods from Wellingborough.Years ago they had special dispensation to run a double bottom outfit on nights to Warrington and back,I think the unit was an F10.

[/quote]

Possibly a ICI DAF ■■

Yes Dean,more than likely.I think ICI Fibres had a plant at Gloucester which would account for the DD Gloucester reg plate.

The “Tate & Lyle” ‘distance pic’ looks like a Leyland Buffalo due to the vertical exhaust behind the cab, don’t think this was normal on AEC.

pete smith:
Morning Dean,

Hello DEAN and Pete ,yes Lloyds from penley ,they used to do Lego work out of Wrexham ,running MANs now ,thank you Trevor

MrJake:
The “Tate & Lyle” ‘distance pic’ looks like a Leyland Buffalo due to the vertical exhaust behind the cab, don’t think this was normal on AEC.

I thought that, then I noticed another Buffalo pic further down and the air stack is on the driver’s side, exhaust on the left, which makes the T&L one unlikely to be a Buffalo if the engine sucked air in from the right and blew exhaust out from the left? Mind you with BL you never know, they may have found a couple of spare 90deg elbows and put them to use, or even run the exhaust through the air stack and vice versa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

newmercman:

MrJake:

I thought that, then I noticed another Buffalo pic further down and the air stack is on the driver’s side, exhaust on the left, which makes the T&L one unlikely to be a Buffalo if the engine sucked air in from the right and blew exhaust out from the left? Mind you with BL you never know, they may have found a couple of spare 90deg elbows and put them to use, or even run the exhaust through the air stack and vice versa.
My R reg Octopus had exhaust behind driver, if that helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DEANB:
Some from a mile away.

P1160695p.jpg

Cant make the name out on the F88 bulker,someone may recognise the style of writing on the door.I am 100%
sure we have had a pic of one of these F88’s before but cant remember the name of the company. I remember

Hobbs & Son Bedford.

Amey Roadstone Foden.

Hi Dean,

This is a blast from the past…RC Hobbs & Son from Carmarthen West Wales… Removers & Storers…they were taken over by P & O removals arm back in the day Scotpac…but sadly both are no more…very rare photo Dean…not many I know of exist of Hobbs…great sight to see .

Regards Mark

DEANB:
Some from a mile away.

Hobbs & Son Bedford.

Amey Roadstone Foden.

THIS IS WHITWORTHS FOODS/FLOUR MOTOR ALSO HAD SOME BEDFORD KMs With this combo.

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.That Diversey ERF 6-legger looks very much like a Harold Wood contract vehicle possibly based at the side of the A38 Ripley by-pass near Alfreton where Diversey had a site.

And the wagon and drag is one of Whitworths Foods from Wellingborough.Years ago they had special dispensation to run a double bottom outfit on nights to Warrington and back,I think the unit was an F10.

Chris Webb:
Possibly a ICI DAF ■■

Yes Dean,more than likely.I think ICI Fibres had a plant at Gloucester which would account for the DD Gloucester reg plate.

Thanks for the info Chris, you certainly know your stuff !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: Heres one for you
check out the headboard !

L1886p.JPG

MrJake:

coomsey:

newmercman:

MrJake:

My R reg Octopus had exhaust behind driver, if that helps

Thanks for the comments “Mr Jake” ,“newmercman” and “coomsey” regarding if its an AEC or Leyland. Looks like
the jury is out still ■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tastrucker:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,

Hello DEAN and Pete ,yes Lloyds from penley ,they used to do Lego work out of Wrexham ,running MANs now ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the input Trevor. :wink:

marktaff:
Hobbs & Son Bedford.

Hi Dean,
This is a blast from the past…RC Hobbs & Son from Carmarthen West Wales… Removers & Storers…they were taken over by P & O removals arm back in the day Scotpac…but sadly both are no more…very rare photo Dean…not many I know of exist of Hobbs…great sight to see .Regards Mark

Thanks for the comments Mark always nice when Paul has captured a rare one ! :wink:

FLOURPOWER:

DEANB:
Some from a mile away.
THIS IS WHITWORTHS FOODS/FLOUR MOTOR ALSO HAD SOME BEDFORD KMs With this combo.

Thanks for confirming the name also “FLOURPOWER” :wink:

DEANB:

Chris Webb:

Chris Webb:
Possibly a ICI DAF ■■

Used to be one of the major employers in the Gloucester area. Formerly British Nylon Spinners. Remember the dark blue Bedford TK artics with those huge single axle trailers?

Click on pages twice to read.

Some from the mile away folder.

Looks like Pickfords on the trailer,but dont think its a Pickfords unit. Carrying on from this mornings pic is it
a Leyland or a AEC ■■? :laughing:

Shell Routeman tanker.

Think its a BRS ERF looks like a blurred BRS symbol on the side.

Anyone recognise the Marathon logger ■■?

Chippendale Atkinson.

The old Bedford looks loaded up.

Think it says K.E.Man on the door of the Foden ■■

Weetabix Dodge.

Hoveringham Leyland.

Anyone recognise the Crusader bulker ■■?