PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
Some dodgy ones from a mile away.

Anyone recognise the Atkinson. Looks like UB on the cab. United something possibly ■■

UB = United Biscuits Dean.

Mr Kipling Cakes Seddon.

Air Products i think ?

Correct Dean,a good job in those days.

Sunblest Atkinson.

ERF flat bed ?

Scammell Handyman bulker ?

Castrol GUY tanker.

ICI Atkinson i think.

Definitely ICI Heavy Organics Chemicals Division,carrying plastic pellets in bins from Wilton.

DEANB:

Anyone recognise the Atkinson. Looks like UB on the cab. United something possibly ■■

Mr Kipling Cakes Seddon.

Air Products i think ?

Sunblest Atkinson.

ERF flat bed ?

Castrol GUY tanker.

ICI Atkinson i think.

Looks like EAC on the door of the Volvo ■■

BRS Scania.

Hi Dean, The UB Atkinson is United Biscuits, Kind Regards, Ray.

Poplar Mercedes. Did Middle East looking at the front.

I don’t about them doing Middle East - I used to do Lincoln regular from Sheffield though. :laughing:
Someone who knew them better than me told me that some Poplar Motor Transport drivers were doing two Scottish runs in a shift from Lymm int 70s.
Anybody heard the same? :question:

Hi Dean
I wanted to thank you again for the photos that I often ask you, they are really beautiful !!!
my favorites are the Berliet TR and the Saviem SM. (from France).
I’d like to see some of them.
I love you so much
bye
MIMMO :smiley:

Superb pics are ever Deano mate. The red Routeman would have been sold by Staveley Lime. Even though it has the Biesty name on the headboard, the body is a demo removal type and not an aggregate favoured by Staveley for their Biesty fleet.

sm240:
Hi Dean
I wanted to thank you again for the photos that I often ask you, they are really beautiful !!!
I love you so much
bye

Sounds as though you are on a promise there Dean!!!

David

download/file.php?id=251988&mode=view
my dad drove this before BFI WASTECARE took over adams waste.that should be ernie hathaway at the wheel as he stayed with adams transport

P1160703p.JPG

Hi Dean,

I think this is one of Charles Eady’s they operated out of the Marlborough area,Burbage I think.

Thanks for all your work on this thread,nice to see MIMMO appreciates it. :wink:

Regards

Richard

Wilds Scania.JPG

L1409p.JPGWild’s Motors were from Altrincham near Manchester not be be confused with the Wild Group who were from the South West of England.

Adrian Cypher via Bubbleman sent me this picture back in 2009.
Its a 1974 registered Atkinson Searcher Reg No CMB 712N which was originally a flat and had a Riding’s sleeper fitted
after being converted into a curtain-sider.

Wilds old depot in Altrincham.

Their original depot was on Manchester Road which is now occupied by Inchcape Volkswagen dealers.

Last i heard of them was back in 2011 when they ran a this Volvo FH12 out of a shared yard on Atlantic Street Altrincham
which today is now solely KDM Motortech.

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:

Anyone recognise the Atkinson. Looks like UB on the cab. United something possibly ■■ Atki Borderer with a KP nuts (Kenyons) out of Rotherham part of united Biscuits as Chris said,now on Helaby ind est.great pics Dean thanks for posting

Mr Kipling Cakes Seddon.

Air Products i think ?

Sunblest Atkinson.

ERF flat bed ?

Castrol GUY tanker.

ICI Atkinson i think.

Looks like EAC on the door of the Volvo ■■

BRS Scania.

L1874p.JPGThe Heaton Group is a long-established family business formed in 1899 as Robert Heaton & Son at Denton Green Lane in St. Helens.

Heatons ERF LV heading down Colliers Wood High Street in 1978.
Photograph courtesy of John Wakely.

’B’ Series ERF tractor unit Reg No LTB 76W was new to Heatons in August 1980.

In 1988 Heatons changed business direction to become suppliers to commercial vehicle operators when they
acquired Wigan-based Woodwards Truck Rental.

You can find Heatons complete company history HERE

MaggieD:
Hi Dean,
I think this is one of Charles Eady’s they operated out of the Marlborough area,Burbage I think.
Thanks for all your work on this thread,nice to see MIMMO appreciates it. :wink:
Regards
Richard

Morning Richard, spot on, Burbage it was, think the son took over after they lost dad, not sure what hapened later.
I took this picture of Dean when he did part time work at the race track keeping drivers cool.
Q: do you think this could have influenced MIMMO.
Harvey

DEANB:
R.F.Butters Routeman.

Sutherlands DAF.

Wilds Motors Scania.

I hope you tipper boys are paying attention. A rare one Biesty !

G.A.F. Heley Marathon overtaking DAF.

Heatons ERF.

Poplar Mercedes. Did Middle East looking at the front.

Nice yard shot of Elliotts of Bournemouth,long gone.

John G Russell Scania.

Masons Garage ERF bulker.

Some more old great gems that i have never seen before i have to give you guys credit on this truck site with all the articles that you post on here All the best from Daz :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Chris Webb:

UB = United Biscuits Dean.

Air Products i think ?

Correct Dean,a good job in those days.

ICI Atkinson i think.

Definitely ICI Heavy Organics Chemicals Division,carrying plastic pellets in bins from Wilton.

Thanks for confirming the details Chris. :wink:

Heres another one of United Biscuits. :smiley:

paulgee united biscuits.jpg

Ray Smyth:

Thanks for confirming Ray. :wink:

sm240:
Hi Dean
I love you so much
bye

MIMMO ,you need to ease up on the love chap, i think you probably love Paul who took the photos ! :unamused:

BonkeyDollocks:
Superb pics are ever Deano mate. The red Routeman would have been sold by Staveley Lime. Even though it has the Biesty name on the headboard, the body is a demo removal type and not an aggregate favoured by Staveley for their Biesty fleet.

I thought you had died “BonkeyDollocks” long time no hear chap ! Thanks for the info. :laughing: :wink:

MaggieD:
Hi Dean,I think this is one of Charles Eady’s they operated out of the Marlborough area,Burbage I think.
Regards Richard

You are right Richard, Paul sent me a message and a pic ! :smiley:

paulgee eady.jpg

moomooland:
Wild’s Motors were from Altrincham near Manchester not be be confused with the Wild Group who were from the South West of England.
Adrian Cypher via Bubbleman sent me this picture back in 2009.
Its a 1974 registered Atkinson Searcher Reg No CMB 712N which was originally a flat and had a Riding’s sleeper fittedafter being converted into a curtain-sider.
Wilds old depot in Altrincham.
Their original depot was on Manchester Road which is now occupied by Inchcape Volkswagen dealers.
Last i heard of them was back in 2011 when they ran a this Volvo FH12 out of a shared yard on Atlantic Street Altrincham which today is now solely KDM Motortech.

Excellent stuff Paul thanbks for the info and photos. Heres another one ! :smiley: :wink:

L1860p.JPG

revman:

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:
Atki Borderer with a KP nuts (Kenyons) out of Rotherham part of united Biscuits as Chris said,now on Helaby ind est.great pics Dean thanks for posting

Thanks for the info “revman” :smiley:

moomooland:
The Heaton Group is a long-established family business formed in 1899 as Robert Heaton & Son at Denton Green Lane in St. Helens.
Heatons ERF LV heading down Colliers Wood High Street in 1978.
Photograph courtesy of John Wakely.
‘B’ Series ERF tractor unit Reg No LTB 76W was new to Heatons in August 1980.
In 1988 Heatons changed business direction to become suppliers to commercial vehicle operators when they
acquired Wigan-based Woodwards Truck Rental.
You can find Heatons complete company history HERE

More good stuff Paul,thanks for the pics ! :laughing:

ArcDaz:
Some more old great gems that i have never seen before i have to give you guys credit on this truck site with all the articles that you post on here All the best from Daz :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Cheers Daz,glad you are still enjoying the thread. :smiley:

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZER ! At last chap one of yours ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Sorry it has taken so long i really dont know what Paul has been playing at ! :laughing: :wink:

I still hope that some of your old Volvos may be in Paul or Marks collection.

Looks like it was captured on the A34 at Newbury to me.

Hauser Scania.

L2219p.JPG

Anyone recognise the F88 arriving at Poole docks ■■

L2178.JPG

Burroughs Marathon.

L2182p.JPG

Albright & Wilson used to ship 2 x loads a week through Poole back in the 80s .I think the load from
memory was phosporus pentasulfide and they used to deliver to Rouen.

L2174p.JPG

F.Lloyd Scania.

L2165p.JPG

G.W.Holliday Marathon.

L2160.JPG

Williams Seddon Atkinson. Is it Welsh ■■

L2169p.JPG

Church & Company FIAT.

L2159.JPG

A.V.Lucas Mercedes.

L2156p.JPG

Anyone recognise the F86 tipper ■■?

L2155p.JPG

Well blow me down at last, as you say Dean shame its not one of the older ones especially in the two tone blue with red chassis my favourite colours although I think the present ones look modern. Remember years ago the sign writers used to fill up both side of the cab but nowadays it just bold letters saying who you are in most cases, 10 new frigos on there way a repeat order from Chereau starting mid August so watch this space, cheers for the picture thank Paul mate, Buzzer.

Good timing too bang on me birthday mate.

Williams Seddon Atkinson. Is it Welsh ■■

The address looks like Tyldesley Manchester and it does have a RJ Salford/Manchester reg.

The Routeman with the Biesty headboard would have been one of the last vehicles purchased by John Biesty Ltd before they sold out to Staveley Industries in 1973 its definatley had a change of body and a repaint so I wonder why they left the headboard in place? strange one that.
Biesty if I remember bought 6 Routemans in total 2J reg 2K reg and 2L reg although for the life of me I cant remember this reg but it is a M/chester number.

L2169p.JPGJ Williams & Son Ltd were from Chaddock Lane Astley, just off the East Lancs Road, and ran a number of Seddon Atkinson tractor unit’s.

JW-001.jpg