PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Chris Webb:
Seddon Atkinson tanker. Any ideas Chris ■■

Hi Dean,it’s one of Tunnel Glucose from East London,Silvertown I think.The unit has a TB Lancashire plate,maybe Tunnel had a place oop north as well. :grimacing:

Very good Chris,you certainly know your tanker companies ! :laughing: :wink:

Cockney Pete3:
Tunnel Refineries where at Tunnel Wharf in Greenwich just on the Blackwall tunnel approach raid A102M. I think they where own account to start with but later Tankfreight had the contract and used Mordern wharf next door as there operating centre

[/quote]
Thanks for your comments “Cockney Pete3” and for the pic. Looks like low tide. :wink:

windrush:
Regarding the Volvo F7 in TILCON livery, not sure where it was actually based but it appeared at various plants over the years! Tilcon Gregory on the A34 at Talke did bagged stuff, it might have been from there?
Pete.

Cheers Pete,thought it was a bit odd to see one with a flat. :wink:

Ray Leggy:
Hiya Paul So chuffed i have got back on Truck net pal looking at those old motors of which old timers like me used to drive you do a wonderful service Paul brings back memories of working life Thank You

Thanks for your comments Ray,Paul appreciates it. :wink:

swayze1:
Tunnel refineries what a place used to load glucose for export R & A freight for seebrook loved sitting in the canteen watching the poor [zb] ignoring the Blackwall tunel height limit for north bound doh dont fit

:laughing: :laughing:

kenfig bill:
Hi geraint ,it was probably Gordon Underhill from Monkland your dad remembers,he told me years back he would haul tinplate to Wisbech and then backload Zetor tractors from Kings Lynn
Thier was also a MOD depot at Trecwm as well that Morfa hauled out of ,perhaps dad can remember a driver from Felindre who drove the famous Merc unit thought to be the first in S Wales ,had a pic of it loading at Cox and Danks at Oldbury ,regards Keith[/

Keith ,that Merc was the first believed to be delivered top a S Wales co …though Gravells Pinged hill also had one at the same time …they also claimed thiers was the first! …apparently .
Dad remembers a Morfa driver by the name of Colin Addis …from the Leominster area …you mention Felindre ? …is that the one nr Glasbury on Wye ? …Geraint.

Thanks for the input Keith and Geraint. I dont know how you remember it all !!! :laughing: :wink:

MANTRONIC:
DEAN/PAUL
have been told about this amazing thread and shots of Welsh hauliers in particular .
Some pretty awesome stuff and comments - some of you guys certainly know your Wesh history ,have spent the past week trying to absorb it all !!
Morfa Merc was i think DTH 1D ,its driver did live at Glasbury in fact thier was a couple who lived in the village ,and also acted as a change over point .The Merc was later involved in an accident in the same area and was towed away by Burgoynes Eardisley ,home of another Morfa driver .

Welcome “MANTRONIC” and thanks for your comments ! Yes the Welsh boys have been spoilt with pics but they
are brilliant at remembering stuff about certain trucks and companies. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Look forward to your input,and heres one for you ! :wink:

British Steel Crusader.

A03911p.JPG

smallcoal:
Hi all ,first pic is morfa,s yard in llangenech,which is still there as an ind est these courtesy of trucknet members if you let me know so I can put your name in

Thanks for the Morfa pics John ! Heres an old one.

2017-06-19 16.26.00.jpg

A few odds and sods.

Click on page once or twice.

1974 w h bratt furness vale  pesk district ppg.PNG

1974 landa heathrow ppg.PNG

Tesco Leyland.

L1794p.JPG

Freeman Scania.

L1802p.JPG

Smith’s containers ERF.

L1797p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Marathon ■■

L1805p.JPG

Nixon & Son ERF tipper.

L1809p.JPG

I.C.I. Chemicals.

L1820p.JPG

Corralls Mercedes.

L1822p.JPG

D & G Hedgeman Volvo F86 tipper.

L1832p.JPG

Anyone recognise the GUY ■■?

L1847p.JPG

HAGO Scania.

L1857p.JPG

DEANB:

Chris Webb:
Seddon Atkinson tanker. Any ideas Chris ■■

Hi Dean,it’s one of Tunnel Glucose from East London,Silvertown I think.The unit has a TB Lancashire plate,maybe Tunnel had a place oop north as well. :grimacing:

Very good Chris,you certainly know your tanker companies ! :laughing: :wink:

Cockney Pete3:
Tunnel Refineries where at Tunnel Wharf in Greenwich just on the Blackwall tunnel approach raid A102M. I think they where own account to start with but later Tankfreight had the contract and used Mordern wharf next door as there operating centre

Thanks for your comments “Cockney Pete3” and for the pic. Looks like low tide. :wink:

windrush:
Regarding the Volvo F7 in TILCON livery, not sure where it was actually based but it appeared at various plants over the years! Tilcon Gregory on the A34 at Talke did bagged stuff, it might have been from there?
Pete.

Cheers Pete,thought it was a bit odd to see one with a flat. :wink:

Ray Leggy:
Hiya Paul So chuffed i have got back on Truck net pal looking at those old motors of which old timers like me used to drive you do a wonderful service Paul brings back memories of working life Thank You

Thanks for your comments Ray,Paul appreciates it. :wink:

swayze1:
Tunnel refineries what a place used to load glucose for export R & A freight for seebrook loved sitting in the canteen watching the poor [zb] ignoring the Blackwall tunel height limit for north bound doh dont fit

kenfig bill:
Hi geraint ,it was probably Gordon Underhill from Monkland your dad remembers,he told me years back he would haul tinplate to Wisbech and then backload Zetor tractors from Kings Lynn
Thier was also a MOD depot at Trecwm as well that Morfa hauled out of ,perhaps dad can remember a driver from Felindre who drove the famous Merc unit thought to be the first in S Wales ,had a pic of it loading at Cox and Danks at Oldbury ,regards Keith[/

Keith ,that Merc was the first believed to be delivered top a S Wales co …though Gravells Pinged hill also had one at the same time …they also claimed thiers was the first! …apparently .
Dad remembers a Morfa driver by the name of Colin Addis …from the Leominster area …you mention Felindre ? …is that the one nr Glasbury on Wye ? …Geraint.

Thanks for the input Keith and Geraint. I dont know how you remember it all !!! :laughing: :wink:

MANTRONIC:
DEAN/PAUL
have been told about this amazing thread and shots of Welsh hauliers in particular .
Some pretty awesome stuff and comments - some of you guys certainly know your Wesh history ,have spent the past week trying to absorb it all !!
Morfa Merc was i think DTH 1D ,its driver did live at Glasbury in fact thier was a couple who lived in the village ,and also acted as a change over point .The Merc was later involved in an accident in the same area and was towed away by Burgoynes Eardisley ,home of another Morfa driver .

Welcome “MANTRONIC” and thanks for your comments ! Yes the Welsh boys have been spoilt with pics but they
are brilliant at remembering stuff about certain trucks and companies. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Look forward to your input,and heres one for you ! :wink:

British Steel Crusader.

smallcoal:
Hi all ,first pic is morfa,s yard in llangenech,which is still there as an ind est these courtesy of trucknet members if you let me know so I can put your name in

Thanks for the Morfa pics John ! Heres an old one.

[/quote]
Hello DEAN …it is having an old man and his equally old cronies …banging on about the terrific S Wales motors you post …Keep on spoiling us …LOL…Geraint

Good morning Dean,
Nice to see a picture of one of Dave Hedgemans trucks, Cheers, good customer of Princes.
He operated out from the Bordon area south of Farnham on the A325 and whent on to the new “F7” in quite a big way.
Only my local laundry new how I felt about his B****y yard dog. Harvey

Thanks for t he pics Dean
:smiley: :smiley:

Hi Dean, back on page 238 great photo’s of LLoyds of Ludlow. The main one of interest to me is the Daf pulling the low loader with the knock out axle carrying the 580 HY-MAC.
That was probably one of the last machines made before the plant closed. Quite a few of my family did various apprenticeships there and many friends worked there.
Previous to LLoyd’s that work was covered by D.L.Blake of Merthyr Tydfil. They ran the same type trailer but pulled them with LAD cabbed Dodge’s.
As a young kid I spent many Saturday mornings watching the trailers being loaded, and in my late teens did a lot of work in and out of there. I learnt a lot off some great old timers.

Paul

kenfig bill:
Hello DEAN …it is having an old man and his equally old cronies …banging on about the terrific S Wales motors you post …Keep on spoiling us …LOL…Geraint

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

HRS:
Good morning Dean,
Nice to see a picture of one of Dave Hedgemans trucks, Cheers, good customer of Princes.
He operated out from the Bordon area south of Farnham on the A325 and whent on to the new “F7” in quite a big way.Only my local laundry new how I felt about his B****y yard dog. Harvey

Glad that one brought back some memories Harvey ! :smiley:

sm240:
Thanks for t he pics Dean
:smiley: :smiley:

:wink:

Paul John:
Hi Dean, back on page 238 great photo’s of LLoyds of Ludlow. The main one of interest to me is the Daf pulling the low loader with the knock out axle carrying the 580 HY-MAC.
That was probably one of the last machines made before the plant closed. Quite a few of my family did various apprenticeships there and many friends worked there.
Previous to LLoyd’s that work was covered by D.L.Blake of Merthyr Tydfil. They ran the same type trailer but pulled them with LAD cabbed Dodge’s.
As a young kid I spent many Saturday mornings watching the trailers being loaded, and in my late teens did a lot of work in and out of there. I learnt a lot off some great old timers.
Paul

Sounds like the Lloyds pics brought back some good memories of your child hood Paul. :laughing: :wink:

Morris Young & Sons Foden.

L0568p.JPG

Anyone recognise the GUY ■■?

L0604p.JPG

Tac Bloc ERF

L0693p.JPG

BRS North Western Foden.

L0728p.JPG

Ernest Cross Mercedes.

L0760p.JPG

Norseman Mercedes.

L0766p.JPG

Bee & Lee Transport Roman.

L0768p.JPG

Robsons of Carlisle’s DAF. Posted an article about Robsons on page 146.

L0786p.JPG

Dairy Crest Fodens.

L0797p.JPG

Waters Seddon Atkinson.

L1285p.JPG

Hello DEAN ,and thanx for the welcome and also the Morfa marathon shot.
I have been told earlier on your thread you have flagged up an image of Peter Jones Scammell Routeman from Swansea . I can not seem to find it ,any chance of you re posting it ? Thanx MT .

Great pictures Dean , loved the BRS red Foden, here is one of mine from my collection (although I never took the photo) Swindon branch

kenfig bill:

kingswinford kit:

kenfig bill:
Hello Keith and Dean ,thanks for the pm …One of dads mate knew a Morfa driver from Monklandnr Leominster …Dads mate at that time was driving for BRS Swansea …and both hauling out of the MOD stores depot at Llangennech …hauling the likes of submarine engines down to the likes of Devonport and up to Scotland .
They also took stores up to a MOD base nr Bridgnorth ,otherwise it was steel out of Duports …to Ford at Dagenham …and returning with engine blocks for Bridgend…drivers at Kington and Leintwardine also …brilliant stuff lads…Geraint

Hi Geraint ,yes felindre near Glasbury ,ive heard of Colin Addis but thought he drove for Wm Morgan Ystradgynlais
Another story concerning that Merc was that it hit a pony on the Beacons and took its window out ,the driver at the time had to continue his journey to the Midlands for a replacement ,regards Keith

I don’t recognize the Guy, but it’s had a new cab, or front panel at least, unless my eyes deceive me it has an H reg.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

newmercman:
I don’t recognize the Guy, but it’s had a new cab, or front panel at least, unless my eyes deceive me it has an H reg.

I thought it looked like one of Youngs Transport Southampton,looks like YOW,Southampton reg.

Regards
Richard

DEANB:
Some from over a mile away !

Mobil Seddon tanker.

howarth bros.jpg VWU 333L.JPG

Greenwoods Foden.

Seddon Atkinson pulling a fridge.

Foden flat bed looks like he has 2 consignments on board the way its loaded.

ICI Chemicals GUY.

Carter Volvo F86

Cant make the name out on the MAN.

ERF flatbed.

Routeman tipper.

West Midland Farmers Leyland.

Hi Folks,
ERF flatbed was Howarth Bros of Ingleton.Reg Number VWU 333L Gardner 180 engine,6 speed David Brown gearbox .
NO power steering!!.

howarth bros.jpg VWU 333L.JPG

Cheers Malc.

You’ve got some peepers on you Malc, I can only just make out that it’s an ERF [emoji1][emoji1]

MANTRONIC:
Hello DEAN ,and thanx for the welcome and also the Morfa marathon shot.
I have been told earlier on your thread you have flagged up an image of Peter Jones Scammell Routeman from Swansea . I can not seem to find it ,any chance of you re posting it ? Thanx MT .

Hello MANTRONIC, it was this Scammell Handyman chap ! :wink:

A00161.JPG

JAKEY:
Great pictures Dean , loved the BRS red Foden, here is one of mine from my collection (although I never took the photo) Swindon branch

Nice pic JAKEY ! :smiley:

Thanks for your comments Keith ! :smiley:

MaggieD:

newmercman:

I thought it looked like one of Youngs Transport Southampton,looks like YOW,Southampton reg.
Regards Richard.

Thanks for your input “newmercman” and Richard, looks like TOW and H reg. :wink:

malc step:
ERF flatbed.

Hi Folks,
ERF flatbed was Howarth Bros of Ingleton.Reg Number VWU 333L Gardner 180 engine,6 speed David Brown gearbox
NO power steering!!. Cheers Malc.

Impressive Malc, nice pic as well cheers ! :laughing: :wink:

newmercman:
You’ve got some peepers on you Malc, I can only just make out that it’s an ERF [emoji1][emoji1]

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages twice.

1974 guest ppg.PNG

1974 K & W Mckinnon london ppg.PNG

1974 pitter southampton.PNG

1974 prestons stockton on tees ppg.PNG

Some dodgy ones from a mile away.

Anyone recognise the Atkinson. Looks like UB on the cab. United something possibly ■■

Mr Kipling Cakes Seddon.

Air Products i think ?

Sunblest Atkinson.

ERF flat bed ?

Scammell Handyman bulker ?

Castrol GUY tanker.

ICI Atkinson i think.

Looks like EAC on the door of the Volvo ■■

BRS Scania.

R.F.Butters Routeman.

L1750p.JPG

Sutherlands DAF.

L1801p.JPG

Wilds Motors Scania.

Wilds Scania.JPG

I hope you tipper boys are paying attention. A rare one Biesty !

L1866p.JPG

G.A.F. Heley Marathon overtaking DAF.

L1870p.JPG

Heatons ERF.

L1874p.JPG

Poplar Mercedes. Did Middle East looking at the front.

L1855p.JPG

Nice yard shot of Elliotts of Bournemouth,long gone.

L1903p.JPG

John G Russell Scania.

L1807.JPG

Masons Garage ERF bulker.

L1845p.JPG