PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Hi dean ,the boxer is from glos looks like winchcombe on the door but Deffo glos on the bottom :smiley:

Hi dean, the boxer belongs to Vivian Young of Brimscombe nr stroud glos.

bazztrucker:

Beat me to it, Bazz! My uncle was Vivian Young’s fitter for donkey’s years. He came across a 1940s Riley sports car and donated it to me to fiddle about with after school. With the aid of a couple of planks and three hefty blokes it was loaded in an empty livestock lorry for the journey to Newent.

moomooland:
3Now theres a blast from the past.
In 1969 the Wellcome Foundation Ltd moved into the Lion Mill, a former cotton mill in Royton Oldham, where they manufactured surgical wool and other similar products it was also their regional distribution centre for the North West of England.

Today The Wellcome Foundation Limited operates as a subsidiary of GlaxoSmithKline plc.

1The nearest DAF 2800 is pulling the 40ft tilt that was used on monthly stock deliveries to the Wellcome factory in Lisbon Portugal.
The other DAF 2800 was probably en-route from any one of the Wellcome Factories all over Europe, both would have been waiting customs clearance at Dover.
0Another of their DAF’s was this 2100 TIR spec ridged from 1981.

Moomooland,does that mean(obviously) that the Wellcome foundation is no longer a foundation?ie if I recall,it was a not for profit organisation,didn`t need to make a profit.GSK is obviously a different beast.
Used to do a bit in and out of the Wellcome foundation,in around Erith if memory serves me right.And again,if ,memory serves me right it was a very good drivers job.

Trucky Mc truckface:
The Boxer from what i can make out has the surname Young and from Crewkerne ?

Cheers chap but definately says Gloucester on it. :wink:

Ray Smyth:
Limmer & Trinidad Commer. Not sure where they were based ?

Hi Dean, Limmer & Trinidad had depots throughout the UK. There was a Limmer & Trinidad depot
near the junction of the A49 and M6 Junction 25 near Wigan. My long time friend Harry Jones (Big H),
ex Leonard Fairclough, Connell & Finnegan, & ex Robert Baillie, drove a Foden 2 Stroke artic with a
Dyson low loader trailer for Limmer & Trinidad for a few years in the 1970s. I believe they were
part of Tarmac Group. Kind Regards, Ray.

Thanks for your comments Ray i did not realise they were all over the UK ! :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean ,the boxer is from glos looks like winchcombe on the door but Deffo glos on the bottom :smiley:

:smiley: :wink:

bazztrucker:

Thanks for the name Bazz ! :smiley:

Retired Old ■■■■:

bazztrucker:

Beat me to it, Bazz! My uncle was Vivian Young’s fitter for donkey’s years. He came across a 1940s Riley sports car and donated it to me to fiddle about with after school. With the aid of a couple of planks and three hefty blokes it was loaded in an empty livestock lorry for the journey to Newent.

Thanks for confirming “ROF” :smiley: :wink:

Some more dodgy ones from the mile away folder. :laughing:

Lyons Maid Volvo F88

Think its a ICI Atkinson.

Volvo F86 flat bed ■■

Sparks Transport Scania.

F88 Volvo flat bed ■■?

Leyland Esso tanker.

W.L.Vallence Leyland.

Gro Continental ERF.

Seddon bulker ■■?

Thorn Lighting GUY.

John Waring Volvo F88 bulker.

L2143p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Volvo F88 ■■

L1914p.JPG

J.Chadwick ERF

L2022p.JPG

Seddon Atkinson tanker. Any ideas Chris ■■

L2029p.JPG

Bleasdales Seddon Atkinson,being over taken by Glover Oil.

L2032p.JPG

“windrush” Pete unusual to see a Tilcon hauling a flat trailer ■■

L1848p.JPG

Crow GUY tanker.

L2094p.JPG

AEC tipper trucks. Would they be Wimpeys ■■?

L2146p.JPG

B.S.H. ERF

L2137p.JPG

John Kelly Volvo F7 at Greenslades the fish merchants at the entrance to Poole docks.

L2179p.JPG

“sm240” Mimmo a few European ones ! :wink:

Pegaso.

L2223p.JPG

DAF.

L1902p.JPG

Pegaso.

L1908.JPG

Magirus Deutz.

L1909p.JPG

Hi Dean,it’s one of Tunnel Glucose from East London,Silvertown I think.The unit has a TB Lancashire plate,maybe Tunnel had a place oop north as well. :grimacing:

Chris Webb:

Hi Dean,it’s one of Tunnel Glucose from East London,Silvertown I think.The unit has a TB Lancashire plate,maybe Tunnel had a place oop north as well. :grimacing:

Tunnel Refineries where at Tunnel Wharf in Greenwich just on the Blackwall tunnel approach raid A102M. I think they where own account to start with but later Tankfreight had the contract and used Mordern wharf next door as there operating centre

Cockney Pete3:

Chris Webb:

Tunnel Refineries where at Tunnel Wharf in Greenwich just on the Blackwall tunnel approach raid A102M. I think they where own account to start with but later Tankfreight had the contract and used Mordern wharf next door as there operating centre

Cockney Pete3:

Cockney Pete3:

Chris Webb:

Thanks Cockney Pete.

kingswinford kit:

kenfig bill:
Hello Keith and Dean ,thanks for the pm …One of dads mate knew a Morfa driver from Monklandnr Leominster …Dads mate at that time was driving for BRS Swansea …and both hauling out of the MOD stores depot at Llangennech …hauling the likes of submarine engines down to the likes of Devonport and up to Scotland .
They also took stores up to a MOD base nr Bridgnorth ,otherwise it was steel out of Duports …to Ford at Dagenham …and returning with engine blocks for Bridgend…drivers at Kington and Leintwardine also …brilliant stuff lads…Geraint

Hi geraint ,it was probably Gordon Underhill from Monkland your dad remembers,he told me years back he would haul tinplate to Wisbech and then backload Zetor tractors from Kings Lynn
Thier was also a MOD depot at Trecwm as well that Morfa hauled out of ,perhaps dad can remember a driver from Felindre who drove the famous Merc unit thought to be the first in S Wales ,had a pic of it loading at Cox and Danks at Oldbury ,regards Keith

Morfa came up to Shotton sometimes ,most of thier drivers to here were from Newtown and that area ,on up Liverpool and backload from Tate and lyle ,thank you Trevor

Regarding the Volvo F7 in TILCON livery, not sure where it was actually based but it appeared at various plants over the years! Tilcon Gregory on the A34 at Talke did bagged stuff, it might have been from there?

Pete.

Hiya Paul So chuffed i have got back on Truck net pal looking at those old motors of which old timers like me used to drive you do a wonderful service Paul brings back memories of working life Thank You

Tunnel refineries what a place used to load glucose for export R & A freight for seebrook loved sitting in the canteen watching the poor ■■■■■ ignoring the Blackwall tunel height limit for north bound doh dont fit

kingswinford kit:

kenfig bill:
Hello Keith and Dean ,thanks for the pm …One of dads mate knew a Morfa driver from Monklandnr Leominster …Dads mate at that time was driving for BRS Swansea …and both hauling out of the MOD stores depot at Llangennech …hauling the likes of submarine engines down to the likes of Devonport and up to Scotland .
They also took stores up to a MOD base nr Bridgnorth ,otherwise it was steel out of Duports …to Ford at Dagenham …and returning with engine blocks for Bridgend…drivers at Kington and Leintwardine also …brilliant stuff lads…Geraint

Hi geraint ,it was probably Gordon Underhill from Monkland your dad remembers,he told me years back he would haul tinplate to Wisbech and then backload Zetor tractors from Kings Lynn
Thier was also a MOD depot at Trecwm as well that Morfa hauled out of ,perhaps dad can remember a driver from Felindre who drove the famous Merc unit thought to be the first in S Wales ,had a pic of it loading at Cox and Danks at Oldbury ,regards Keith[/

Keith ,that Merc was the first believed to be delivered top a S Wales co …though Gravells Pinged hill also had one at the same time …they also claimed thiers was the first! …apparently .
Dad remembers a Morfa driver by the name of Colin Addis …from the Leominster area …you mention Felindre ? …is that the one nr Glasbury on Wye ? …Geraint.

kenfig bill:

kingswinford kit:

kenfig bill:

Thier was also a MOD depot at Trecwm as well that Morfa hauled out of ,perhaps dad can remember a driver from Felindre who drove the famous Merc unit thought to be the first in S Wales ,had a pic of it loading at Cox and Danks at Oldbury ,regards Keith[/

Keith ,that Merc was the first believed to be delivered top a S Wales co …though Gravells Pinged hill also had one at the same time …they also claimed thiers was the first! …apparently .
Dad remembers a Morfa driver by the name of Colin Addis …from the Leominster area …you mention Felindre ? …is that the one nr Glasbury on Wye ? …Geraint.

DEAN/PAUL
have been told about this amazing thread and shots of Welsh hauliers in particular .
Some pretty awesome stuff and comments - some of you guys certainly know your Wesh history ,have spent the past week trying to absorb it all !!
Morfa Merc was i think DTH 1D ,its driver did live at Glasbury in fact thier was a couple who lived in the village ,and also acted as a change over point .The Merc was later involved in an accident in the same area and was towed away by Burgoynes Eardisley ,home of another Morfa driver .

Is there a paul gee website like Flickr

Hi all ,first pic is morfa,s yard in llangenech,which is still there as an ind est these courtesy of trucknet members if you let me know so I can put your name in

image.jpeg