PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Volvo F88 ■■

I reckon that 88 is one of T Bakers from Tipton. Pete will know them. :smiley:

pete smith:

coomsey:

pete smith:
Afternoon Dean,
You have posted some cracking stuff on here mate, I think PV83 has gone to lie down in a dark room!
Thanks for the Tipton Transport TM,
The Scania livery looks like Bibby’s colours or very similar to George Varneys? Cheer’s Pete

Hi Pete would that be the George Varney at Watford Gap way? As you probably know 1. Fred Sherwood took them over n they run in his colours, but was that their original livery? Cheers Paul
[/quote]
Hi Paul,
Yes that is the same company that Sherwood took over, the colours were green and yellow but I seem to remember the green was a darker shade. As a foot note I think that yard of Varneys was the site of the original Watford gap services, on the A5 obviously not the M1, Cheer’s Pete
[/quote]
Yes it was Pete. Did some maintenance work there in the 90s. Swapped some floodlight lamps in their yard, roped to gantry on one of their powder tankers up to the 5th ram. Dodgy but extremely rrs tightening when he had to move forward a few feet so I could reach the lamp. H n S my rrs

Wonder what went wrong here, Buzzer.

L0814p.JPGNow theres a blast from the past.
In 1969 the Wellcome Foundation Ltd moved into the Lion Mill, a former cotton mill in Royton Oldham, where they manufactured surgical wool and other similar products it was also their regional distribution centre for the North West of England.

Today The Wellcome Foundation Limited operates as a subsidiary of GlaxoSmithKline plc.

WF Dover-001.JPGThe nearest DAF 2800 is pulling the 40ft tilt that was used on monthly stock deliveries to the Wellcome factory in Lisbon Portugal.
The other DAF 2800 was probably en-route from any one of the Wellcome Factories all over Europe, both would have been waiting customs clearance at Dover.

Another of their DAF’s was this 2100 TIR spec ridged from 1981.

coomsey:

pete smith:

coomsey:

pete smith:
Afternoon Dean,
You have posted some cracking stuff on here mate, I think PV83 has gone to lie down in a dark room!
Thanks for the Tipton Transport TM,
The Scania livery looks like Bibby’s colours or very similar to George Varneys? Cheer’s Pete

Hi Pete would that be the George Varney at Watford Gap way? As you probably know 1. Fred Sherwood took them over n they run in his colours, but was that their original livery? Cheers Paul
[/quote]
Hi Paul,
Yes that is the same company that Sherwood took over, the colours were green and yellow but I seem to remember the green was a darker shade. As a foot note I think that yard of Varneys was the site of the original Watford gap services, on the A5 obviously not the M1, Cheer’s Pete
[/quote]
Yes it was Pete. Did some maintenance work there in the 90s. Swapped some floodlight lamps in their yard, roped to gantry on one of their powder tankers up to the 5th ram. Dodgy but extremely rrs tightening when he had to move forward a few feet so I could reach the lamp. H n S my rrs
[/quote]
Hi Paul,
Tight as a ducks ar$e under water!
A pic by Trucker Ash reposted from Northampton page, a subbie for George Varney, Cheer’s Pete

TN023.jpg

Buzzer:

Hi John,
I should reckon overloaded and the body don’t look that strongly made!

Chris Webb:
Volvo F88 ■■

Morning Chris,
Nowt wrong with your eye’s, you must have the telescope out all day to keep an eye on Lancashire!
Yes mate I reckon that is one of Tommy Bakers F88’s, here is a pic of one, may be the same one and a picture of one of the Dodge’s I promised you a couple of weeks ago, Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

Chris Webb:
Volvo F88 ■■

Morning Chris,
Nowt wrong with your eye’s, you must have the telescope out all day to keep an eye on Lancashire!
Yes mate I reckon that is one of Tommy Bakers F88’s, here is a pic of one, may be the same one and a picture of one of the Dodge’s I promised you a couple of weeks ago, Cheer’s Pete

:laughing:
Thanks Pete,“eyes like a sh*thouse rat” springs to mind.Lancashire will be subject to some comments shortly. :grimacing:
That Dodge photo takes me back to 60s when I were loading out of District Iron and Steel down Brasshouse Lane off the A41,Bakers were always in there.

DEANB:
Some dodgy ones from the mile away folder.

D & N Morgan Volvo F86 draw-bar.

Anyone recognise the ERF with the stack ■■?

Seddon bulker. Possibly Sun Valley ■■

Hoveringham AEC.

Atkinson ■■

Volvo F88 ■■

ICI Chemicals Atkinson.

Effluent Disposal FIAT.

British Steel Crusader.

Looking at the flag i would say an ERF from the P & O group of companies.

Hi DEAN ,the Seddon 6 bulk is Sun Valley ,the ERF above looks like H S Williams /Ross roadways ,regards Keith

Chris Webb:

pete smith:

Chris Webb:
Volvo F88 ■■

Morning Chris,

Thanks Pete,“eyes like a sh*thouse rat” springs to mind.Lancashire will be subject to some comments shortly. :grimacing:
That Dodge photo takes me back to 60s when I were loading out of District Iron and Steel down Brasshouse Lane off the A41,Bakers were always in there.

Hi Chris,
a nice clear day you should be able to see as far as Chorley! It is a good job Dean put the pictures of Bakers on as I forgot who I got the photo for!!

pete smith:

Chris Webb:

pete smith:

Chris Webb:
Volvo F88 ■■

Morning Chris,

Hi Chris,
a nice clear day you should be able to see as far as Chorley! It is a good job Dean put the pictures of Bakers on as I forgot who I got the photo for!!

Ha ha,aye Pete,too misty to see Lancashire never mind Chorley.I can see all the wind farms stretching out from Barrow area.They are up to the Isle of Man 12 mile limit by looks of it.If they are allowed into Manx waters we will be able to swing from one to another and end up in ■■■■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing:

Chris,
Concerning those wind farms, I remember when they put some up in the Hirwaun area next to the A465 towards Glynneath, spoiling a beautiful bit of country, I mentioned this to the lad who works in our yard in Hirwaun and he had just had planning permission refused for an extension on his house in Aberdare!

MCD 12.JPGWhile on the subject of car transporters here’s a few from the archives.

The bottom picture is interesting a 1967 Commer LA.6.

A 1967 Commer LA.6 working in Iran in the early 1970’s

kenfig bill:
Hello Keith and Dean ,thanks for the pm …One of dads mate knew a Morfa driver from Monklandnr Leominster …Dads mate at that time was driving for BRS Swansea …and both hauling out of the MOD stores depot at Llangennech …hauling the likes of submarine engines down to the likes of Devonport and up to Scotland .
They also took stores up to a MOD base nr Bridgnorth ,otherwise it was steel out of Duports …to Ford at Dagenham …and returning with engine blocks for Bridgend…drivers at Kington and Leintwardine also …brilliant stuff lads…Geraint

Hi geraint ,it was probably Gordon Underhill from Monkland your dad remembers,he told me years back he would haul tinplate to Wisbech and then backload Zetor tractors from Kings Lynn
Thier was also a MOD depot at Trecwm as well that Morfa hauled out of ,perhaps dad can remember a driver from Felindre who drove the famous Merc unit thought to be the first in S Wales ,had a pic of it loading at Cox and Danks at Oldbury ,regards Keith

DEANB:
Got some more dodgy photos. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Now these were taken by Paul from his sisters house
which was over a mile away from the Golden Valley road,Cheltenham. Therefore they are a bit iffy as he
had to zoom in.

You can make out some of the hauliers but some are impossible. :unamused:

Seddon.

F86 Volvo tipper.

Volvo F86 with a fair old load of straw on.

Another F86 well loaded with timber.

Blue Circle Cement Foden possibly ■■

Shell Scammell Routeman.

ERF.

Seddon,look like a new trailer.

Bejam Scania.

Delapena Commer with shiny wheel trims.

Dean this site is Excellent so many Bril photos on here to go through and look at on here with all these old companys that i grew up with from my child hood days i would like to give you paul and Mark a big thank for your time posting and sharing all these great gems that you nolonger any more on our roads From ARC Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi, Dean
I’d love it if you could post some truck photos from the ‘70s and’ 80s from France and Spain.
Thank you so much !!!
See you soon
bye
MIMMO :wink:

Chris Webb:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Volvo F86 ■■?

Isle of Man registered Dean,pulling an Edmundson trailer,taken ont North Quay Douglas according to a Manx friend of mine.He thinks it could be an Edmundson unit,they had two apparently.

Thanks for the details Chris ! :wink:

Buzzer:

Nasty ! :open_mouth:

moomooland:
]Now theres a blast from the past.
In 1969 the Wellcome Foundation Ltd moved into the Lion Mill, a former cotton mill in Royton Oldham, where they manufactured surgical wool and other similar products it was also their regional distribution centre for the North West of England.
Today The Wellcome Foundation Limited operates as a subsidiary of GlaxoSmithKline plc.
The nearest DAF 2800 is pulling the 40ft tilt that was used on monthly stock deliveries to the Wellcome factory in Lisbon Portugal.
The other DAF 2800 was probably en-route from any one of the Wellcome Factories all over Europe, both would have been waiting customs clearance at Dover.
Another of their DAF’s was this 2100 TIR spec ridged from 1981.

Excellent stuff Paul thanks for the pics and info ! :laughing: :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Paul,Tight as a ducks ar$e under water!
A pic by Trucker Ash reposted from Northampton page, a subbie for George Varney, Cheer’s Pete

Nce pic Pete ! :wink:

pete smith:

Morning Chris,

:laughing: :laughing:

kingswinford kit:

DEANB:
Some dodgy ones from the mile away folder.
Seddon bulker. Possibly Sun Valley ■■
Looking at the flag i would say an ERF from the P & O group of companies.

Hi DEAN ,the Seddon 6 bulk is Sun Valley ,the ERF above looks like H S Williams /Ross roadways ,regards Keith

Thanks for the names Keith. :wink:

moomooland:
3While on the subject of car transporters here’s a few from the archives.A 1967 Commer LA.6 working in Iran in the early 1970’s

You would think that would be the last truck you would see in Iran,amazing where some trucks were
exported too. :smiley:

kingswinford kit:

kenfig bill:
Hello Keith and Dean ,thanks for the pm …One of dads mate knew a Morfa driver from Monklandnr Leominster …Dads mate at that time was driving for BRS Swansea …and both hauling out of the MOD stores depot at Llangennech …hauling the likes of submarine engines down to the likes of Devonport and up to Scotland .
They also took stores up to a MOD base nr Bridgnorth ,otherwise it was steel out of Duports …to Ford at Dagenham …and returning with engine blocks for Bridgend…drivers at Kington and Leintwardine also …brilliant stuff lads…Geraint

Hi geraint ,it was probably Gordon Underhill from Monkland your dad remembers,he told me years back he would haul tinplate to Wisbech and then backload Zetor tractors from Kings Lynn
Thier was also a MOD depot at Trecwm as well that Morfa hauled out of ,perhaps dad can remember a driver from Felindre who drove the famous Merc unit thought to be the first in S Wales ,had a pic of it loading at Cox and Danks at Oldbury ,regards Keith

Thanks for your comments Keith. :smiley: :wink:

ArcDaz:
Dean this site is Excellent so many Bril photos on here to go through and look at on here with all these old companys that i grew up with from my child hood days i would like to give you paul and Mark a big thank for your time posting and sharing all these great gems that you nolonger any more on our roads From ARC Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for your comments Daz,Paul and Mark apprciate them ! :smiley: :wink:

sm240:
Hi, Dean
I’d love it if you could post some truck photos from the ‘70s and’ 80s from France and Spain.
Thank you so much !!! See you soon
bye MIMMO :wink:

Hello MIMMO, now i thought you said you were gonna post some pics a while back ■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

BP Oil ERF heading towards Bournemouth from Poole.

L1558p.JPG

Whites Leyland. They used to have there own gravel pits but that is now a landfill site.

L1557p.JPG

Limmer & Trinidad Commer. Not sure where they were based ?

L1567p.JPG

H.J.Cutler Mercedes from Bournemouth.

L1698p.JPG

Elliotts MAN from Bournemouth.

L1740p.JPG

Texaco Marathon who had a yard on Poole docks.

L1562p.JPG

Upton Oil Company Fodens. I drove by this yard/garage this week and its nowall boarded up.
No doubt only a matter of time before its built on.

L1747p.JPG

National Carriers battered Leyland.

L1559p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Leyland Boxer,looks like it was from Gloucestershire. ■■?

L1738p.JPG

Selby Maggie from Poole.

L1569p.JPG

The Boxer from what i can make out has the surname Young and from Crewkerne ?

DEANB:
BP Oil ERF heading towards Bournemouth from Poole.

Whites Leyland. They used to have there own gravel pits but that is now a landfill site.

Limmer & Trinidad Commer. Not sure where they were based ?

H.J.Cutler Mercedes from Bournemouth.

Elliotts MAN from Bournemouth.

Texaco Marathon who had a yard on Poole docks.

Upton Oil Company Fodens. I drove by this yard/garage this week and its nowall boarded up.
No doubt only a matter of time before its built on.

National Carriers battered Leyland.

Anyone recognise the Leyland Boxer,looks like it was from Gloucestershire. ■■?

Selby Maggie from Poole.

Hi Dean, Limmer & Trinidad had depots throughout the UK. There was a Limmer & Trinidad depot
near the junction of the A49 and M6 Junction 25 near Wigan. My long time friend Harry Jones (Big H),
ex Leonard Fairclough, Connell & Finnegan, & ex Robert Baillie, drove a Foden 2 Stroke artic with a
Dyson low loader trailer for Limmer & Trinidad for a few years in the 1970s. I believe they were
part of Tarmac Group. Kind Regards, Ray.