PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Another thing that strikes me about this period currently being shown from Paul’s collect, is the high number of day cabs - a reminder that it wasn’t so long ago that our road transport was predominantly domestic. It only took 3 or 4 decades for that state of affairs to return! :frowning: Robert

Here’s a nice period piece I found on the net this morning. Robert

ERF ,8 wheeler

A00479.JPG

Rare G88 non sleeper ! Effluent disposal.

A00480.JPG

Albion Clydesdale of Bedford’s transport.

A00481.JPG

Brand new ERF of H.Tinker.

A00482.JPG

David Graves Mercedes.

A00483.JPG

Atkinson Borderer of Williams bros ,think they were from Wales ?

A00484.JPG

Tidy BRS Seddon.

A00485.JPG

R.A.Benham Mercedes

A00486.JPG

Reece’s Volvo F86 with lift up axle,great motors !

A00487.JPG

H.B.Haulage Scania Vabis.

A00488.JPG

Effluent Disposal from Brownhills, taken over by Leigh Environmental the yard was on the old site of Walsall Wood Colliery and they used to discharge down the old pit shaft!

A00480.JPG

Quite a surprise to see my old 2419 Mercedes. Registration HBE 469N, supplied new by H+L Garages at Immingham.

They put a sleeper cab on for me and I ran it for several years delivering palleted aerosols for an old Grimsby company, Osmond Aerosols.

They were double drive and had problems with diffs winding up, mine eventually went and i ran it with a trailing axle whilst the problem was sorted.

I part exchanged it for a 1626 and like everything else the 2419 disappeared into the mists of time.

Would be interested to know where the photo was taken.

DEANB:
I knew that really “240 Gardner” just making sure

:wink:

ERF-NGC-European:

Wincanton contract vehicle.

gingerfold:

ERF-NGC-European:

One and the same firm I believe “GF” Cheers Dennis.

DEANB:
ERF ,8 wheeler

David Graves Mercedes.

Tidy BRS Seddon.

R.A.Benham Mercedes

The BRS Seddon was probably tidy 'cause it was still fairly new :unamused: which is more than can be said for the sheeting and roping but that part of the job was never very high on the list of BRS skills. I believe being a “drain” on the Exchequer would have been No 1 on their list of achievements :blush: Cheers Dennis.

DEANB:

Dieseldog66:
Can anyone make out the Reg on Ewins & Sons F88 on page 18, it looks to me like one I owned back in the early 80’s…FBT 219L, but can’t just make it out.

Hello “Dieseldog66” its the sister mate ! FBT218L. :unamused:

Damm, thanks DEANB, well I wonder if they had both, I sold it to a bloke from Bristol for £800, it had a 290 fitted by time I bought it.

Bewick:

gingerfold:

ERF-NGC-European:

Correct Dennis, United Dairies started Wincanton Transport as its transport division. Look where it ended up.

cav551:
Furnells Atki wrecker is interesting, I wonder what it really is. ■■■■■■■ engine and long wheelbase. So did Atkinson fit ■■■■■■■ engines into rigid six wheelers in the period between the single headlight cab and the MK2? so roughly 1963/4 and 1969/70, or is this a heavy haulage tractor unit which has had a chassis entension? a six wheel rigid with an engine transplant? or is it a mongrel?

I agree with you Roy. Wreckers are very seldom what they seem, being cut, stretched, modified, rebuilt and goodness knows what to suit the requirements of the owner.

Bewick:

DEANB:
ERF ,8 wheeler

David Graves Mercedes.

Tidy BRS Seddon.

R.A.Benham Mercedes

The BRS Seddon was probably tidy 'cause it was still fairly new :unamused: which is more than can be said for the sheeting and roping but that part of the job was never very high on the list of BRS skills. I believe being a “drain” on the Exchequer would have been No 1 on their list of achievements :blush: Cheers Dennis.

I couldn’t be doing with all that clutter in the windscreen. That would have to go.

cav551:
Furnells Atki wrecker is interesting, I wonder what it really is. ■■■■■■■ engine and long wheelbase. So did Atkinson fit ■■■■■■■ engines into rigid six wheelers in the period between the single headlight cab and the MK2? so roughly 1963/4 and 1969/70, or is this a heavy haulage tractor unit which has had a chassis entension? a six wheel rigid with an engine transplant? or is it a mongrel?

Thanks for your comments “cav551” :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:
I love the way Paul Gee goes in for the kill when he really likes a motor, and takes further close-up shots from different angles! :smiley: Robert

Funny enough Robert he was only telling me today,he prefers taking pics of trucks on the move rather
than stationary. Thats the way he likes seeing the trucks,but he will always take them stationary as well ! :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:
Another thing that strikes me about this period currently being shown from Paul’s collect, is the high number of day cabs - a reminder that it wasn’t so long ago that our road transport was predominantly domestic. It only took 3 or 4 decades for that state of affairs to return! :frowning: Robert

Yes i did mention that earlier in the thread ! I suppose the Swedish trucks changed everything as once they
arrived with sleepers,all the english manufacturers had to start offering sleeper cabs. :smiley:

ERF-NGC-European:

Thanks for the pic chap ! :wink:

pete smith:
Effluent Disposal from Brownhills, taken over by Leigh Environmental the yard was on the old site of Walsall Wood Colliery and they used to discharge down the old pit shaft!

Thanks Pete for your comment ! A rare truck as well ! :smiley:

methuselah:
Quite a surprise to see my old 2419 Mercedes. Registration HBE 469N, supplied new by H+L Garages at Immingham.

They put a sleeper cab on for me and I ran it for several years delivering palleted aerosols for an old Grimsby company, Osmond Aerosols.

They were double drive and had problems with diffs winding up, mine eventually went and i ran it with a trailing axle whilst the problem was sorted.

I part exchanged it for a 1626 and like everything else the 2419 disappeared into the mists of time.

Would be interested to know where the photo was taken.

You never know whats comming next “methuselah” ,there could be more pics you never know ! :wink:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
I knew that really “240 Gardner” just making sure

:wink:

:laughing: :laughing:

gingerfold:

ERF-NGC-European:

Cheers “gingerfold” :wink:

Bewick:

gingerfold:

ERF-NGC-European:

Cheers Dennis for your input ! :wink:

Bewick:

[/quote]
Yes Dennis i thought you may have someting to say about that ! :wink: :smiley:

Dieseldog66:

DEANB:

Dieseldog66:
Can anyone make out the Reg on Ewins & Sons F88 on page 18, it looks to me like one I owned back in the early 80’s…FBT 219L, but can’t just make it out.

Hello “Dieseldog66” its the sister mate ! FBT218L. :unamused:

Damm, thanks DEANB, well I wonder if they had both, I sold it to a bloke from Bristol for £800, it had a 290 fitted by time I bought it.

Hello “Dieseldog66” keep looking mate ,it might turn up on here ! :wink:

gingerfold:

Bewick:

gingerfold:

ERF-NGC-European:

Correct Dennis, United Dairies started Wincanton Transport as its transport division. Look where it ended up.

Thanks for confirming that “gingerfold” :smiley:

gingerfold:

cav551:

I agree with you Roy. Wreckers are very seldom what they seem, being cut, stretched, modified, rebuilt and goodness knows what to suit the requirements of the owner.

There are a few Poole drivers on here,so someone may possibly know more ! :smiley:

One for Dennis (Bewick) as he obviously has a soft spot for BRS, Buzzer.

A rare NGC ! Is there anything odd with this pic, lets see if your paying attention chaps ■■? :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

paulggerf1.jpg

Buzzer:

You are a very naughty man Buzzer Oo! argh! you really am ! :open_mouth: :wink: I’ve just got my blood pressure down from commenting on that Seddon shot then you go and stick one on recalling a time when nationalisation looked like it was “King” in the late 40’s/early 50’s. I’m now going into a darkened room and sit with a bucket over my head, Oh! ■■■■ !I was sick into it first ! :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Dennis.

Buzzer:

and the RTITB

DEANB:
A rare NGC ! Is there anything odd with this pic, lets see if your paying attention chaps ■■? :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

I always thought the front TIR plate went on the trailer bulkhead and not the tractor unit

Spud1960:

DEANB:

I always thought the front TIR plate went on the trailer bulkhead and not the tractor unit

Nah, it ain’t that- lots of 'em have it there. I think he’s referring to the appearance of the driver, or lack of it:

untitled.JPG
It looks as if the pic has been edited, to make it appear that there is no driver, or even a seat for him.