PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Spud1960:

Buzzer:
One for Dennis (Bewick) as he obviously has a soft spot for BRS, Buzzer.

and the RTITB

This is more than a “free wheeling” hard pressed ex Haulier can stand this evening !! Taunted by the initials BRS and RTITB on the same evening !! More than body and soul can be expected to endure :cry: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DEANB:

trunker08:
Thank you for posting the photo’s, good memory of days past and the lorry’s ,some of the makes I drove at one time or another,
Please pass my thanks to the chap that took the photos.

trunker, thanks for the message,Paul who took all of the pics likes to read the comments thats why he
let me post them !

Paul was under the impression that no one would be intrested in his photos as it
was his hobby for years,until we started chatting and i told him that we would very
much like to see his photos. :smiley:

:smiley:

windrush:

DEANB:

BonkeyDollocks:
That’s a mighty fine Tilcon Foden nestling in today’s selection. Wonder where it would’ve been based. :confused:

Just been told by Paul that the pic was taken on the Golden Valley road,between Gloucester and Cheltenham.

Probably Coleford based then.

Pete.

Pete, Just remembered you are a big fan of Fodens,there are loads of them in the collection ! :wink:

Todays colour pics include,Roman,Ford,Scania,Foden,DAF,ERF,Bedford,Volvo,Leyland,Scammell !

A rare Roman truck of Phillips who were based in Poole.

Fords tall transcontinental which used to dwarf everything else !

Left hand drive 110.

Elliots Foden from Bournemouth.

Daf.

Erf.

4 Blimey thats a blast from the past,its a long time since ub (mcvites) had Erfs ,ub still going strong now under the banner of Pladis (Dont ask).Now the fleet is all Merc.

Bedfords finest.

Jameson’s Volvo.

Marathon looks new !

Crusader, with what looks like an unusual trailer to me ? Fridge on the front but looks
like it has some straps on the side ■■?

Bewick:

Spud1960:

Buzzer:
One for Dennis (Bewick) as he obviously has a soft spot for BRS, Buzzer.

and the RTITB

This is more than a “free wheeling” hard pressed ex Haulier can stand this evening !! Taunted by the initials BRS and RTITB on the same evening !! More than body and soul can be expected to endure :cry: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What’s wrong with them? Surely a well-organised national transport corporation, allied to a proper professional training body, is better than a shower of scallywags and ex-farmers messing about at it?

Great photos, by the way. Full credit to the photographer, and to Dean for putting them on here. :smiley:

DEANB:
A rare NGC ! Is there anything odd with this pic, lets see if your paying attention chaps ■■? :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

Left Hand Drive…

[zb]
anorak:

Bewick:

What’s wrong with them? Surely a well-organised national transport corporation, allied to a proper professional training body, is better than a shower of scallywags and ex-farmers messing about at it?

anorak & Bewick

harry-hill-fight-ap-wdc5.jpg

DEANB:
A rare NGC ! Is there anything odd with this pic, lets see if your paying attention chaps ■■? :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

2017-07-16%2016.45.16.jpg

Poetry in motion: a rare and glorious picture of an NGC out on the open road. It appears to be Richard Read’s KFH 250P on post Middle-East duties hauling steel out of Monmouth and demonstrating its legendry prowess on the long steep banks. Can’t see anything unusual about it. Someone mentioned the TIR-plate on the bumper but that wasn’t unusual in the '70s as many drivers used them for decoration. In this case we actually know that this lorry did regular runs to Baghdad and although TIR rules usually apply to the load which means only the trailer should carry TIR-plates fore and aft, some countries sealed the turntable release handle, effectively turning the whole equipage into a single TIR unit necessitating a TIR-plate on the front of the tractive unit. Someone else noted that it was a left-■■■■■■. ALL ERF NGCs were left-hookers! :wink: Robert

Spud1960:

DEANB:

I always thought the front TIR plate went on the trailer bulkhead and not the tractor unit

Good effort “Spud1960” but they were often on the unit mate ! :wink:

A clue is look at the “WHOLE PHOTO” ! :unamused: :laughing:

[zb]
anorak:

Spud1960:

DEANB:

I always thought the front TIR plate went on the trailer bulkhead and not the tractor unit

Nah, it ain’t that- lots of 'em have it there. I think he’s referring to the appearance of the driver, or lack of it:
It looks as if the pic has been edited, to make it appear that there is no driver, or even a seat for him.

Good effort Anorak but no “LOOK AT THE WHOLE PHOTO” ■■? :wink:

DEANB:

Spud1960:

DEANB:

Good effort “Spud1960” but they were often on the unit mate ! :wink:

A clue is look at the “WHOLE PHOTO” ! :unamused: :laughing:

[zb]
anorak:

Spud1960:

DEANB:

Nah, it ain’t that- lots of 'em have it there. I think he’s referring to the appearance of the driver, or lack of it:
It looks as if the pic has been edited, to make it appear that there is no driver, or even a seat for him.

Ah! I see! It’s the photo copyright: it says Mark Bailey instead of Paul Gee - is that the oddity you’re teasing us with? :smiley: . Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

Spud1960:

DEANB:

Ah! I see! It’s the photo copyright: it says Mark Bailey instead of Paul Gee - is that the oddity you’re teasing us with? :smiley: . Robert
[/quote]
Well done Robert,nice to see you are on the ball chap ! :laughing: You get a gold star for that ! The rest of you
well …demerits all round !!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

DEANB:

[/quote]
Well done Robert,nice to see you are on the ball chap ! :laughing: You get a gold star for that ! The rest of you
well …demerits all round !!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
[/quote]
Did Mark Bailey take any more pics like that, that we can enjoy? Robert

PLEASE READ.

AN ANNOUNCEMENT !

Well chaps good news on the thread front ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have been chatting with Paul,and he told me he has a friend that also took photos of
trucks over the years ! Paul has managed to secure 300 photos of his friend, Mark Bailey’s
photos for us to look at ! :smiley:

Also at the same time,Paul has supplied me with a further 1,000 pics for the thread ! :smiley:

Trust me !!! I have spent 2 hours looking at these this afternoon and the pictures are brilliant !
I genuinely am gobsmacked at these pics,and in my opinion they are better than the first batch ! :smiley:

I genuinely think you will all be impressed ! Paul likes to take his pics when the trucks are rolling
rather than stopped. That is how he likes to see trucks,in there working life !

I would like to take this opportunity in thanking both Paul and Mark for allowing us to see there
wonderful photos.

Like Paul, Marks photos have never ever been seen by anyone else !! :unamused:

Therefore the 1300 pics you will see have never been online or seen before ! :smiley: :smiley:

At the momment i do not know if we will receive any more photos from Mark,but i really hope
we will over time ! :smiley:

We are nearing the end of the first batch of photos,and i will let you know when
we start posting the second batch.

Another thing i would like to mention is how much i appreciate Pauls work behind the scenes !
I try and post 20 pics a day ! I would love to be able to post 50 a day but Paul is in the process
of cataloguing his collection. When you have over 46,000 pics its not a quick job !! :unamused: At the
moment he has managed to catalogue 4,500 pics ! However its a bit more complicated than that
as before he can download pics onto his computer he has to convert some that are on slides.
However his biggest problem is the fact that some of the photos are over 40 years old ! Therefore
as you can imagine he has to clean them ! Obviously they become dirty and mouldy when they are
that old ! This all takes time, and that is why i try and keep to twenty pics a day ! Its the only way
Paul can keep up,otherwise we would run out !!! :frowning:

To give you an idea of what i am talking about look at the following 2 pictures.The first pic is before
and the second is after Paul has cleaned it ! :open_mouth: :wink:

paul-gee2.jpg

paul-gee3.jpg

I thought i would mention the cleaning and cataloguing photos so that people understand that we are not being funny about the amount of pics we post. Paul is chuffed with the feedback and really enjoys reading all the comments and stories ,so please keep them coming ! :wink:

I would also like to thank the members that have been supporting this thread with there feedback and
knowledge ! Much appreciated and long may it continue ! The thread is only as good as the support it
receives ! :smiley: :laughing:

Will post some new pics tomorrow chaps ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DEANB:

Quite obvious mate! The words Scammell and Crusader are missing… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Dean. 20 photos a day is plenty for this old brain to process, I am in retirement heaven looking at them over and over again. “More coffee missus!”
Again thank you both ( now all three ) for the chance to relive the years gone by. Happy? Oh yes. Jim.

My thanks to all those involved in providing these wonderful photos for us to see of lorries from, what I consider, the hayday of the British Road Haulage industry. I was on the road from about 69 through to 89 and lived with these lorries and drivers on a daily basis. These pictures are real nostalgia jerkers. Thank you again.

Bewick:

Spud1960:

One for the weekend just for you Bewick :smiley:

BRSDodge-001.jpg

moomooland:

Bewick:

Spud1960:

Can’t complain about the sheeting on that one

DEANB:
PLEASE READ.

AN ANNOUNCEMENT !

Well chaps good news on the thread front ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have been chatting with Paul,and he told me he has a friend that also took photos of
trucks over the years ! Paul has managed to secure 300 photos of his friend, Mark Bailey’s
photos for us to look at ! :smiley:

Also at the same time,Paul has supplied me with a further 1,000 pics for the thread ! :smiley:

Trust me !!! I have spent 2 hours looking at these this afternoon and the pictures are brilliant !
I genuinely am gobsmacked at these pics,and in my opinion they are better than the first batch ! :smiley:

I genuinely think you will all be impressed ! Paul likes to take his pics when the trucks are rolling
rather than stopped. That is how he likes to see trucks,in there working life !

I would like to take this opportunity in thanking both Paul and Mark for allowing us to see there
wonderful photos.

Like Paul, Marks photos have never ever been seen by anyone else !! :unamused:

Therefore the 1300 pics you will see have never been online or seen before ! :smiley: :smiley:

At the momment i do not know if we will receive any more photos from Mark,but i really hope
we will over time ! :smiley:

We are nearing the end of the first batch of photos,and i will let you know when
we start posting the second batch.

Another thing i would like to mention is how much i appreciate Pauls work behind the scenes !
I try and post 20 pics a day ! I would love to be able to post 50 a day but Paul is in the process
of cataloguing his collection. When you have over 46,000 pics its not a quick job !! :unamused: At the
moment he has managed to catalogue 4,500 pics ! However its a bit more complicated than that
as before he can download pics onto his computer he has to convert some that are on slides.
However his biggest problem is the fact that some of the photos are over 40 years old ! Therefore
as you can imagine he has to clean them ! Obviously they become dirty and mouldy when they are
that old ! This all takes time, and that is why i try and keep to twenty pics a day ! Its the only way
Paul can keep up,otherwise we would run out !!! :frowning:

To give you an idea of what i am talking about look at the following 2 pictures.The first pic is before
and the second is after Paul has cleaned it ! :open_mouth: :wink:

I thought i would mention the cleaning and cataloguing photos so that people understand that we are not being funny about the amount of pics we post. Paul is chuffed with the feedback and really enjoys reading all the comments and stories ,so please keep them coming ! :wink:

I would also like to thank the members that have been supporting this thread with there feedback and
knowledge ! Much appreciated and long may it continue ! The thread is only as good as the support it
receives ! :smiley: :laughing:

Will post some new pics tomorrow chaps ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The leyland marathons is j Evans from Llanelli long gone haulier cheers John

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:

I spotted that, but considered it less remarkable than the fact that the lorry appears to have no driver. :laughing: Super news regarding the new photographs. Thanks again for taking the trouble to scan them and post them.

moomooland:

Bewick:

Spud1960:

Proper dolly knots and no straps in sight a proper drivers way :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: cheers John

Thanks to everyone for there comments ! :wink:

Todays pics.

Smart Volvo F88 demonstrator.

A00490.JPG

Holliday Mercedes

A00489.JPG

Bert Ivans from Cardiff.

A00491.JPG

I reckon thats brand new ! Sun Valley Leyland.

A00492.JPG

Anyone recognise the Crusader ■■? Sheet looks like it has seen better days !

A00493.JPG

Norfolk Farm Products ,tidy Foden

A00494.JPG

Hills borderer. Are they from Wales ?

A00495.JPG

Scania Vabis,looks like Wake on the door ■■

A00496.JPG

Smart Mercedes ,looks like CIS ■■ Whats the crack with the tyre on the load ? When i first looked i
thought it was to do with the chains not rubbing on the load,but there are chains front and back.
Bit of an odd place for a spare wheel, any ideas ■■?

A00497.JPG

DAF car transporter ! Would that be Toleman Group ■■?

A00499.JPG