PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
Talbots smart Scania 111 look brand new. Would make sense as Paul used to like to take holidays
in the first 2 weeks of August to catch the new registrations.

Saunders Transport Services Seddon Atkinson.

Alpha Steel DAF. Anyone know where they were from ■■?

Carlisle Bros ERF

E & D Stephens & Son ERF

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

I think it says D.R.Dew ■■ on the door.

Tankfreight Seddon Atkinson.

Cant make the name out on the Marathon,anyone recognise it ■■?

Davies & Meredith Atkinson.

Hi DEAN ,some great stuff here ! The yellow Marathon is Williams of Wigmore Herefordshire ,Davies and Meredith from Brynmawr had a very big Atki fleet with a few Seddons .
Alpha steels DAF 2202 unit is probably a subbie ,Richard Read and John Watkins Abergavenny did most of the work ,E D Stephens were from Tredegar ,they had a F7 Volvo 8 rigid on steel work ,regards Keith

Celsa Steelworks Cardiff.
Oily

Unusual Celsa Steelworks Cardiff cr Nick cc by 2.0 9552053847_148c69a867 nick _k.jpg

Hi Dean,Heres a pic of GJX 16S when she went to live with ■■■■ Febry,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

alpha.JPG

HI FOLKS , SOME FINE PICS OF THE NUTTALLS FLEET AND YARDS , KEEP THEM COMING GREAT STUFF CHEERS BARRY

BonkeyDollocks:
Hi Dean. Unsure about the Foden sixer, it appears it could be a Hoveringham tub as it’s too light to be the seven Ts. The reg plate looks familiar, I’m sure I’ve seen it before. :confused:

Hi Bonkey.I thought it might be Kings?I seem to recall a pic with 2x6 wheeler tippers on in Kings livery or am I dreaming.

paul motyka:

BonkeyDollocks:
Hi Dean. Unsure about the Foden sixer, it appears it could be a Hoveringham tub as it’s too light to be the seven Ts. The reg plate looks familiar, I’m sure I’ve seen it before. :confused:

Hi Bonkey.I thought it might be Kings?I seem to recall a pic with 2x6 wheeler tippers on in Kings livery or am I dreaming.

TO is a Nottingham reg if that helps.

Chris Webb:

paul motyka:

BonkeyDollocks:

Thanks Chris.Just been through 28 pages on Fodens & 30 pages on Tarmac Tippers,can’t find the Kings pictures.

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Leyland Roadtrain with passengers.Anyone recognise it ■■?

I’d guess it’s a factory demo motor, wit its Preston reg

The trailer looks like one of the kneeling transporters - I used a very similar one once, and which belonged to Leyland Tr*cks

ABV 317M Atkinson ‘Borderer’ T3446C by 240 Gardner, on Flickr

The kneeling trailer was designed by my old boss Philip Mousley of Mousley Trucking Coventry, I used he original once and Leyland did buy a number of them, great bit of kit, the one I used was a straight 40 footer, not sloped like in the photo, his Dad was a director of Mortons at one time.

DEANB:
Safeway’s tidy F10.

H.J.Cutler ERF from Poole.

R.Ridgers & Son DAF bulker from Lymington.

Another well known haulier from the Poole area like Cutlers, Elliotts packed up a good few years ago.

Whites Mercedes another local haulier to me from Poole.

Anyone recognise the F86 ■■?

Texaco Marathon just gone over the lifting bridge and heading into Poole.

Millers of Poole ERF. They have now been taken over by Pork Farms.

Redline Transcontinental.

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■?it looks like one of S&H Mcalls well known Heavy Haulage Contractors from Glasgow if not it’s definitely a Glasgow reg no

kingswinford kit:

DEANB:
Talbots smart Scania 111 look brand new. Would make sense as Paul used to like to take holidays
in the first 2 weeks of August to catch the new registrations.

Saunders Transport Services Seddon Atkinson.

Carlisle Bros ERF

E & D Stephens & Son ERF

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

I think it says D.R.Dew ■■ on the door.

Tankfreight Seddon Atkinson.

Hi DEAN ,some great stuff here ! The yellow Marathon is Williams of Wigmore Herefordshire ,Davies and Meredith from Brynmawr had a very big Atki fleet with a few Seddons .
Alpha steels DAF 2202 unit is probably a subbie ,Richard Read and John Watkins Abergavenny did most of the work ,E D Stephens were from Tredegar ,they had a F7 Volvo 8 rigid on steel work ,regards Keith

Keith, there used to be a bunch of Deutz’s running out of Alpha Steel. Were they Tim Price’s of Pontypool? Davies and Meredith also had a few E series ERFs before they packed it in iirc.
Regards Paul

Punchy Dan:
My first merc motorhome belonged to mr Bell before me ,it was an L reg 310 which I think he sent to autotrail as a chassis cab for the body to be custom built .

:laughing:

Chris Webb:

DEANB:
Talbots smart Scania 111 look brand new. Would make sense as Paul used to like to take holidays in the first 2 weeks of August to catch the new registrations.

Hi Dean.
That particular Talbot was from Dronfield near Sheffield,not to be confused with Talbot Transport in Sheffield which was taken over by Robert Earl Transport.
I knew Talbot from Dronfield very well,a friend of mine drove for them mid 70s,the son had Scania 111 and my mate had an A Series ERF with 180 Gardner.They did a lot of work for Mobiloil Trafford Park,run over early,load,deliver and back next morning with empty drums.I don’t think they had a tipper trailer in those days though.
I’ve had many a lift over Woodhead in a morning when on a dodgy courtesy of Talbot Transport Dronfield. :grimacing:

Thanks Chris for the info ,looked like they run tidy kit. Keep an eye on the thread over the weekend i have
something that will intrest you going on. :laughing: :wink:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Alpha steel were in Newport,Known as liberty steel now afaiaa…

Cheers Andrew. :wink:

moomooland:
0A couple of their later motors.

Thanks for the pics Paul. :smiley: :wink:

kingswinford kit:

E & D Stephens & Son ERF

Cheers Keith,thanks for all the info ! :laughing: :wink:

oiltreader:
Celsa Steelworks Cardiff. Oily

Thanks for the pic Oily,ugly looking thing. :wink:

bubbleman:
Hi Dean,Heres a pic of GJX 16S when she went to live with ■■■■ Febry,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Thanks for the pic Bubbs,looks alot nicer in Febry’s colours. In my opinion that brown is awful. :smiley: :wink:

barrywaddy:
HI FOLKS , SOME FINE PICS OF THE NUTTALLS FLEET AND YARDS , KEEP THEM COMING GREAT STUFF CHEERS BARRY

I agree Paul has some good stuff tucked away. :smiley:

paul motyka:

Chris Webb:

paul motyka:

BonkeyDollocks:

Thanks Chris.Just been through 28 pages on Fodens & 30 pages on Tarmac Tippers,can’t find the Kings pictures.

Come on Paul only been through 58 pages,you must try harder ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Dieseldog66:

240 Gardner:
The trailer looks like one of the kneeling transporters - I used a very similar one once, and which belonged to Leyland Tr*cks

The kneeling trailer was designed by my old boss Philip Mousley of Mousley Trucking Coventry, I used he original once and Leyland did buy a number of them, great bit of kit, the one I used was a straight 40 footer, not sloped like in the photo, his Dad was a director of Mortons at one time.

Thanks for your comments Dieseldog66. :smiley:

SCANTASTIC:
Anyone recognise the Scania ■■?it looks like one of S&H Mcalls well known Heavy Haulage Contractors from Glasgow if not it’s definitely a Glasgow reg no.

Thanks for the name SCANTASTIC. :wink:

Paul John:

Keith, there used to be a bunch of Deutz’s running out of Alpha Steel. Were they Tim Price’s of Pontypool? Davies and Meredith also had a few E series ERFs before they packed it in iirc.Regards Paul

Thanks for your comments Paul. :smiley:

Jeffreys smart Maggie.

A03577p.JPG

BRS Foden.

A03613p.JPG

Anyone recognise the GUY liverstock truck ■■?

A03624p.JPG

Think this is one of Clevestone’s ERF’s ?

A03614p.JPG

Lloyd Thomas ERF

A03664p.JPG

Aylestone Transport Dodge.

A03665p.JPG

Wakelys of Wales ERF removal truck.

A03884p.JPG

Alexandra Workwear Mercedes.

A03666p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Seddon ■■?

A03676p.JPG

Richard Read ERF

A03721p.JPG

Morning Dean,
The ERF is Illtyd Thomas’s, probably still in their yard at Cockett buried in nettles! I think Daibootsy worked for them, Cheer’s Pete

A03664p.JPG

Morning Dean,
Its interesting to see how the trucks are becoming more modern as the time passes.
Do you know when Paul stoped taking phot’os or is he still at it ? Harvey

I wonder what hapened to the the Air stack ■■?

F86 no air stack.jpg

DEANB:
Jeffreys smart Maggie.

BRS Foden.

Anyone recognise the GUY liverstock truck ■■?

Think this is one of Clevestone’s ERF’s ?

Lloyd Thomas ERF

Aylestone Transport Dodge.

Wakelys of Wales ERF removal truck.

Alexandra Workwear Mercedes.

Anyone recognise the Seddon ■■?

Richard Read ERF

The Western Brs Merthyr foden was eventually relocated to Swansea depot when it was near the city,s railway station.
Dai

Hello DEAN ,more excellent shots from South Wales …Davies and Meredith …those Atkis worked hard !..steel during the day and Dunlop work at nights …they finished up with ERFs as they did not like the Stratos .
Wakelys i think did work out of Rhoose airport …amongst other things …Geraint

DEANB:

The cab is newer than the lorry (it’s a Silver Knight chassis), and seems to have an unfortunate lean to it!

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
The ERF is Illtyd Thomas’s, probably still in their yard at Cockett buried in nettles! I think Daibootsy worked for them, Cheer’s Pete

Hi dean them trailers had folding sides when that load of metal box tinplate is tipped the sides would be put up and loaded with scrap :smiley:

SOME OLD CUTTINGS

img355 (2).jpg

HRS:
Morning Dean,
Its interesting to see how the trucks are becoming more modern as the time passes.
Do you know when Paul stoped taking phot’os or is he still at it ? Harvey

I wonder what hapened to the the Air stack ■■?

Possibly a very early model, as with the first 88s, I’m sure they never had an air stack

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk