PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
The ERF is Illtyd Thomas’s, probably still in their yard at Cockett buried in nettles! I think Daibootsy worked for them, Cheer’s Pete

Morning Pete,do you know if they are still operating ■■ We have had a fair few of his on here. :smiley:

HRS:
Morning Dean,
Its interesting to see how the trucks are becoming more modern as the time passes.
Do you know when Paul stoped taking phot’os or is he still at it ? Harvey

I wonder what hapened to the the Air stack ■■?

Hello Harvey,yes he is still taking pics chap reckons he has taken about 57,500. He did stop for a
period in the 80s and 90s. :wink:

scania81:
BRS Foden.

The Western Brs Merthyr foden was eventually relocated to Swansea depot when it was near the city,s railway station. Dai

Thanks for the comments Dai. :wink:

kenfig bill:
Hello DEAN ,more excellent shots from South Wales …Davies and Meredith …those Atkis worked hard !..steel during the day and Dunlop work at nights …they finished up with ERFs as they did not like the Stratos .Wakelys i think did work out of Rhoose airport …amongst other things …Geraint

Hello Geraint, thanks for your comments Paul will appreciate them. I will have to see if i can find a rare
Welsh one your dad !! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Davies & Meredith Atkinson.

The cab is newer than the lorry (it’s a Silver Knight chassis), and seems to have an unfortunate lean to it!

Thats proper Anorak stuff Chris ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

smallcoal:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
The ERF is Illtyd Thomas’s, probably still in their yard at Cockett buried in nettles! I think Daibootsy worked for them, Cheer’s Pete

Hi dean them trailers had folding sides when that load of metal box tinplate is tipped the sides would be put up and loaded with scrap :smiley:

Thanks for the comment Pete. :wink:

FLOURPOWER:
SOME OLD CUTTINGS

Nice ! :wink:

newmercman:

HRS:
Morning Dean,
I wonder what hapened to the the Air stack ■■?

Possibly a very early model, as with the first 88s, I’m sure they never had an air stack.

Pretty sure Andrew mentioned that a while back. :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

Heres a bit for Chris Webb, should bring back some memories chap ! :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

Click on pages twice to read.

W & S Recycling Scania

P2150005p.JPG

Looks like M.G. on the door of the Magnum ■■

P2120080p.JPG

Roundstone Nurseries Mercedes.

P2130104p.JPG

Switch Scania

P2150007p.JPG

Scania draw-bar. Name looks like ■■ cargo ■■

P2150008p.JPG

Richard Read ERF

P3010030p.JPG

NFT Scania

P3010044p.JPG

UCI Volvo

P3010040p.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

P3010058p.JPG

Fletcher Newhouse Magnum.

P4030038p.JPG

Dyfed Sludge Bedford.

paulgee dyfed sludge bedford.jpg

dyfed sludge2.PNG

USA trucking,from 1977.

Click on pages twice to view/read.

Michigan article from 1978.

Peterbuilt tanker.

L0823p.JPG

Kenworth tanker.

L0822p.JPG

Freightliner.

L0866p.JPG

Peterbuilt,with a fair old load of timber.

L0838p.JPG

GMC

L0859p.JPG

International.

L0840p.JPG

Mack.

L0843p.JPG

Peterbuilt.

L0846p.JPG

Ford looks a bit tired.

L0851p.JPG

PIE Kenworth. Looks like part of the bumper is missing both sides ■■

L0856p.JPG

Couple of photos of f86 my uncle had from new as you can see no air stack, reg was MVN 991F so was an early version.

kenfig bill:
Hello DEAN ,more excellent shots from South Wales …Davies and Meredith …those Atkis worked hard !..steel during the day and Dunlop work at nights …they finished up with ERFs as they did not like the Stratos .
Wakelys i think did work out of Rhoose airport …amongst other things …Geraint

Hi Geraint. Wakelys, Harold I think his name was were based in Fleur in between Fairview on the Monmouthshire side of the Rhymney River and Tir-Y-Birth on the Glammorganshire side. Just down the road fromn Ellis Morgan (Blackwood). Wakely’s did furniture removals and worked out of Mortil plastics in Aberbargoed, (Britannia). They also did vehicle repairs and sold lorry’s as well. Back in the early 70s my father bought a FG box van off him and fitted an ex Walls ice cream fridge removed from two previous Commer chassis straight into the inside of the existing body.
I may be mixed up here, but although the FG was ran at 7.5 ton, you had to have a class 3 license as it was over 3 ton ulw! Spent many high school summers traveling up and down the Rhymney, Merthyr, Tredegar and Ebbw Vale valleys in that motor. Mind you, that experience wasn’t free as I had weekly washing and nightly loading duties.
I think Carl Williams moved into Wakelys old yard.

Paul

The yellow ERF is one of Icenorth`s of Lincoln

jshepguis:
Couple of photos of f86 my uncle had from new as you can see no air stack, reg was MVN 991F so was an early version.

Thanks for the photos chap ! :laughing: :wink:

Paul John:

kenfig bill:
Hello DEAN ,more excellent shots from South Wales …Davies and Meredith …those Atkis worked hard !..steel during the day and Dunlop work at nights …they finished up with ERFs as they did not like the Stratos .
Wakelys i think did work out of Rhoose airport …amongst other things …Geraint

Hi Geraint. Wakelys, Harold I think his name was were based in Fleur in between Fairview on the Monmouthshire side of the Rhymney River and Tir-Y-Birth on the Glammorganshire side. Just down the road fromn Ellis Morgan (Blackwood). Wakely’s did furniture removals and worked out of Mortil plastics in Aberbargoed, (Britannia). They also did vehicle repairs and sold lorry’s as well. Back in the early 70s my father bought a FG box van off him and fitted an ex Walls ice cream fridge removed from two previous Commer chassis straight into the inside of the existing body.
I may be mixed up here, but although the FG was ran at 7.5 ton, you had to have a class 3 license as it was over 3 ton ulw! Spent many high school summers traveling up and down the Rhymney, Merthyr, Tredegar and Ebbw Vale valleys in that motor. Mind you, that experience wasn’t free as I had weekly washing and nightly loading duties.
I think Carl Williams moved into Wakelys old yard.

Paul

Thanks for your comments Paul. I think Geraint tramps all week so you may not get a reply till
next weekend. :wink:

graham-A:
The yellow ERF is one of Icenorth`s of Lincoln

Thanks for the name Graham,and welcome to Trucknet chap ! :smiley: :wink:

Paul John:

kingswinford kit:

DEANB:
Talbots smart Scania 111 look brand new. Would make sense as Paul used to like to take holidays
in the first 2 weeks of August to catch the new registrations.

Saunders Transport Services Seddon Atkinson.

Alpha Steel DAF. Anyone know where they were from ■■?

Carlisle Bros ERF

E & D Stephens & Son ERF

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

I think it says D.R.Dew ■■ on the door.

Tankfreight Seddon Atkinson.

Cant make the name out on the Marathon,anyone recognise it ■■?

Davies & Meredith Atkinson.

Hi DEAN ,some great stuff here ! The yellow Marathon is Williams of Wigmore Herefordshire ,Davies and Meredith from Brynmawr had a very big Atki fleet with a few Seddons .
Alpha steels DAF 2202 unit is probably a subbie ,Richard Read and John Watkins Abergavenny did most of the work ,E D Stephens were from Tredegar ,they had a F7 Volvo 8 rigid on steel work ,regards Keith

Keith, there used to be a bunch of Deutz’s running out of Alpha Steel. Were they Tim Price’s of Pontypool? Davies and Meredith also had a few E series ERFs before they packed it in iirc.
Regards Paul

Hi Paul ,not sure if those would be Tim Price ,i remember him at Pilkingtons and Coopers filters .
Roger Sheddick had afew Deutz artics it could well have been his motors some of them were not sign written and in his early years hauled out of Alpha steels , i seem to remember they had thier own dock on the Usk .
Davies and Meredith ,had a few ex Roy Caswell ERFs also ,regards Keith

Ken Jones Scania

P4030051p.JPG

Ferrymasters / P & O Scania

P4030070p.JPG

Richard Read ERF

P4040084p.JPG

Fencing Centre Leyland Daf.

P8120322p.JPG

Anyone recognise the 143 bulker ■■?

P8120328p.JPG

Dart Distribution DAF

P8120341p.JPG

Hallett & Silbermann DAF

P8120342p.JPG

Brittons Scania

P8120370p.JPG

Halfords Volvo

P8120381p.JPG

B & S Traction Services smart Magnum.

P8120387p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Mercedes bulker ■■?

A03442p.JPG

F.Laeisz Scania

A03530p.JPG

Looks like Michael Faiers on the door of the immaculate Scania.

A03547p.JPG

N & A James DAF from South Wales.

A03776p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the ERF ■■?

BH.JPG

J & J Transport Volvo F7

PCG925T.jpg

Barrie Roberts Foden bulker. Think it says from Newport on the door.

A03782p.JPG

Coopers ERF skip truck.

A03783p.JPG

Tiverton Poultry Group ERF draw-bar.

A03784p.JPG

R.D.Transport Guy.

A03790p.JPG

Dean you jangled a bell in my memory cells with the J&J Transport F7, now then I might be barking mad but I have a strong feeling that was a company run by John Dean from Salisbury now running as J.C Dean who do mainly bulk haulage, please can any one else tell me if my hunch is right especially as the colour scheme made me look harder hope some one else remembers, cheers Buzzer.

PCG925T.jpg

Morning Dean,
The Coopers motor was based at Downing Street Smethwick and looks like Colin Rees driving, he only retired a couple of years ago, EMR bought out Coopers in the late 90’s, Cheer’s Pete

A03783p.JPG

L107FOD ,not seen an L reg centurion before ,I wonder what number is ? According to google it also belonged to wains and D N Crofts ,can’t see it on the centurian list ,regards the closet scania fan :blush: :blush: :open_mouth:

Buzzer:
Dean you jangled a bell in my memory cells with the J&J Transport F7, now then I might be barking mad but I have a strong feeling that was a company run by John Dean from Salisbury now running as J.C Dean who do mainly bulk haulage, please can any one else tell me if my hunch is right especially as the colour scheme made me look harder hope some one else remembers, cheers Buzzer.

good morning all,
Buzzer,your not going mad,your dead right in my opinion.I’ve known the Dean family for quite a few years and i remember John telling me about the trucks being painted green and that company being formed.
regards Andrew.

Buzzer:

Hello Buzzer,i have seen alot of J.C.Dean’s motors about over the years.Dont know much about them but i
would think they are a fairly big operation. I see Andrew has confirmed what you said. I wonder if Harvey
dealt with them when he was at Princes. :unamused:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
The Coopers motor was based at Downing Street Smethwick and looks like Colin Rees driving, he only retired a couple of years ago, EMR bought out Coopers in the late 90’s, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the info Pete. Dont remember seeing that many skip wagons that can take 2 skips like that
back in the 70’s. :wink:

Punchy Dan:
L107FOD ,not seen an L reg centurion before ,I wonder what number is ? According to google it also belonged to wains and D N Crofts ,can’t see it on the centurian list ,regards the closet scania fan :blush: :blush: :open_mouth:

Dan, i wonder if thats a private plate,which may be why you cant find it on the centurian list ■■? :unamused:

pete 359:

Buzzer:

good morning all,
Buzzer,your not going mad,your dead right in my opinion.I’ve known the Dean family for quite a few years and i remember John telling me about the trucks being painted green and that company being formed.
regards Andrew.

Thanks for your comments Andrew. :wink:

Dean if it was a j or k reg from new it wouldn’t be possible to put an L registration on as that would be newer ?