PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:
One for “moomooland” I think you know this company Paul ? :unamused:

Hi Dean, I think the Harrison lorry is from Tarleton, near Preston, Lancashire, Paul will know for sure. Regards, Ray.

I have had another look at the Harrison lorry, and it shows “Blackpool” on the trailer…I will go to Specsavers tomorrow.
Perhaps they did have a depot at Tarleton. Ray.

Yes - this is one of Harrisons from Holmes near Tarleton. I remember this going on the road in 1983 along with another carrying a very similar registration; ■■■■■■■ E290, Fuller RTX11609, Rockwell back end. I used to see it a lot on the boxes in & out of Seaforth. No idea whose trailer that it - I don’t think it’s from the same firm.

ramone:
How did the 320 Gardners perform in the Riding fleet were they well regarded ?

Lowe of Paddock Wood ERF 6x4 E16 with Gardner 6LYT acquired by Turners in August 1996 when they bought Lowe’s transport division. There were two of these and IIRC they had Eaton twin-splitter gearboxes. We didn’t keep them for any length of time at Turners.

I would think the 6x4 configuration coupled to a 16 litre engine would make them quite heavy and the mpg would be down too with that set up Graham
[/quote]
The Lowe 'fridge trailers were heavy as well, and again IIRC, they were only 22 pallets capacity. By then we were on 24 and 26 pallet 'fridge boxes.

Great pictures again Dean… The Ross Foden is looking a bit ‘tired’ compared to the photo in the advert, and what about the headboard on the ERF Bulker!..never seen one like that before.

Just a ‘Stab’ in the dark, and a bit of a long ‘Shot’, but does anyone know anything about this firm?

A03457p.JPG

kenfig bill:

marktaff:

DEANB:
I wonder if this is an ex Ensors ERF ■■

Hi Dean,
This truck I think is a Swansea truck Rewson Transport…I don’t know who it may have belonged to before Rawson had it.
Regards Mark

Hello Mark and Dean …yes Mark my old man agrees with you …and he says Rewson as well …he adds they occasionally hauled out of Addis …Geraint .

Hi Geraint…Yes I remeber this truck of Rewson’s I don’t think they ever had it sign written…not sure if they Hauled out of Addis…they use to do a lot out of Llanelli Radiators back in the day…who did your old man drive for Geraint ?
Regards Mark

A03436p.jpg

Cant make the name out on the side of the ERF ■■

Hi Dean.The ERF powder tanker is one of Kingscliffe Super Refractories (KSR),from near Peterborough.

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:

Hi Dean, I think the Harrison lorry is from Tarleton, near Preston, Lancashire, Paul will know for sure. Regards, Ray.
I have had another look at the Harrison lorry, and it shows “Blackpool” on the trailer…I will go to Specsavers tomorrow.Perhaps they did have a depot at Tarleton. Ray.

Cheers Ray, Specsavers is the way to go chap, i think they have a 2 for 1 offer at the moment ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

windrush:

DEANB:
“windrush” One for you Pete ! :wink:

Driver is Harry Glover based at Ballidon quarry near Ashbourne. His brother David ran Glover’s coaches in Ashbourne. A steady driver, very rare we had anything major to attend to on his trucks (apart from the usual Gardner engine issues!) and he could get a few years out of a set of brake linings. His previous tank was a Foden S39, TRA 243K and his last one a Y reg Haulmaster with a ■■■■■■■ 250 and one of two fitted with a sleeper cab although Harry didn’t night out. Phillip ‘Hovis’ Brown drove it after Harry retired. Can I use the pic on the Ballidon Quarry Facebook page please Dean? Pete.

Thanks for the info Pete ! Crack on with the pic chap ! :smiley: :wink:

marktaff:

DEANB:

Hi Dean,This truck I think is a Swansea truck Rewson Transport…I don’t know who it may have belonged to before Rawson had it. Regards Mark

Thanks for the name Mark ! :wink:

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:
Olympia Testing Co Scania.

Hi Dean, The Olympia Testing Scania is a very smart motor. Regards, Ray.

:smiley:

Kempston:

Cheers “Kempston” great looking Foden ! :wink:

Kempston:
Came across this photo some time ago, I’ve lived in kempston all my life but have never heard or seen anything of this company before seeing this photo, don’t know if anyone else knows anything about them?

Hopefully someone may know of them chap ! :unamused:

ramone:

gingerfold:
Lowe of Paddock Wood ERF 6x4 E16 with Gardner 6LYT acquired by Turners in August 1996 when they bought Lowe’s transport division. There were two of these and IIRC they had Eaton twin-splitter gearboxes. We didn’t keep them for any length of time at Turners.

I would think the 6x4 configuration coupled to a 16 litre engine would make them quite heavy and the mpg would be down too with that set up Graham

Thanks for your comments “ramone” :smiley:

kenfig bill:

marktaff:

Hi Dean,This truck I think is a Swansea truck Rewson Transport…I don’t know who it may have belonged to before Rawson had it.Regards Mark

Hello Mark and Dean …yes Mark my old man agrees with you …and he says Rewson as well …he adds they occasionally hauled out of Addis …Geraint .
[/quote]
Thanks for confirming the name Geraint. :wink:

marky:

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:

Yes - this is one of Harrisons from Holmes near Tarleton. I remember this going on the road in 1983 along with another carrying a very similar registration; ■■■■■■■ E290, Fuller RTX11609, Rockwell back end. I used to see it a lot on the boxes in & out of Seaforth. No idea whose trailer that it - I don’t think it’s from the same firm.

Thanks for your comments “marky” :wink:

gingerfold:

ramone:

The Lowe 'fridge trailers were heavy as well, and again IIRC, they were only 22 pallets capacity. By then we were on 24 and 26 pallet 'fridge boxes.

Good point Graham if they were running Gray and Adams fridges they were heavy. :smiley:

Mark R:
Great pictures again Dean… The Ross Foden is looking a bit ‘tired’ compared to the photo in the advert, and what about the headboard on the ERF Bulker!..never seen one like that before.

Bit of an odd headboard like you say Mark. :wink:

Mark R:
Just a ‘Stab’ in the dark, and a bit of a long ‘Shot’, but does anyone know anything about this firm?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

marktaff:

DEANB:

Hi Geraint…Yes I remeber this truck of Rewson’s I don’t think they ever had it sign written…not sure if they Hauled out of Addis…they use to do a lot out of Llanelli Radiators back in the day…who did your old man drive for Geraint ? Regards Mark
[/quote]
Cheers Mark. :smiley:

Chris Webb:
Cant make the name out on the side of the ERF ?

Hi Dean.The ERF powder tanker is one of Kingscliffe Super Refractories (KSR),from near Peterborough.
[/quote]
Thanks for the name Chris,could not read that one ! :laughing:

DEANB:

Retired Old ■■■■:

pete smith:
It might have been stretched, thinking if it had been the prototype it would be ok to use as a main dealer recovery vehicle? Where is that ROF when you need him?!

I’m here, Pete. I would think that the thing is almost certainly built on a tipper chassis, although it would probably have been wise to re-engine it. I’m ashamed to reveal that I have little real knowledge of Big Js other than a) I was- and still am, given that the memory cell holds up-pretty clued up about the 205 ■■■■■■■ version that was supplied to BRS and b) I know that there were 240 Gardner versions built at Fallings Park despite what the over-pensioned road transport magnate from ■■■■■■■ would have. :wink:

Thanks for your comments Pete & ROF. :wink:

kenfig bill:

bubbleman:
Hi Dean,After Pembroke Transport finished ADE 725V went to live with Mansel Davies…Also the unidentified Daf belongs to Jim Evans…Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hello DEAN and Bubbs ,…Pembroke Transport had 2 Sedd Atks with very similar registrations …wonder where the other ended up …Dean Did Paul ever take shots at Glasbury on Wye nr Brecon …have come across photos at that location …very similar quality to his ■■ !! …Geraint

Thanks for your comments Geraint. As far as i know i dont think Paul took photos there but have asked him
so awaiting a reply ! :wink:

moomooland:
New in June 1972 this Gardner engined ERF, Reg No CDG 711K, later made it on to the fairground circuit where it went to work with Silcock’s of Warrington until 1993.

Thanks for the info and pic Paul. :smiley:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,some denby for you :smiley:

Good pics John,funny i saw one of there’s yesterday and it was nearly all white ! :wink:

Dog tired:
Dean…The smart Daf+curtainsider on the previous page is J T Evans&Son, you have posted a pic a further down the page of a later 3 axled Daf at a truck show.
They reside about 3 miles from me and i don’t think they are running any at present. Cheer’s Norman

Thanks Norman ,they looked like they run smart trucks looking at Bubb’s pic of the DAF ! :wink:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,The Blue Line Seddon Atkinson was the first new 400 they bought.Joint had a sister one to it,ONY 204R.They seemed such a massive leap forward compared to the Borderers………

Thanks for your comments Andrew,heres another one that Paul took of one of there Roadtrains. ! :smiley: :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,as Andrew said here’s a pic of ony204r also Raymond had one ony222r cheers John

More good pics John ! :smiley:

bazztrucker:
Dean, the palletways daf of K transport is now part of Gregory distribution, and dont you think its time Mayflowers scania got out of that layby on the other carrigeway!!! :laughing:

Cheers Barry for the name ! :wink:

Hi dean like the blue line pics ,I know the face but can’t remember his face I will ask my mate

We have had a few Volvo F6’s on here. They were a cracking motor in my opinion. Very comfortable and
reliable. I remember talking to the transport manager at Pickford’s Old Trafford and they had run loads
of these. However they decided to buy Ford Iveco’s due to how much cheaper they were ! In his words a
big mistake,he reckoned they cost twice as much to keep on the road with repairs and breakdowns ! :unamused:

A03020.JPG

A04311p.JPG

A04582p.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Hi dean ,some blue line pics of my mates merc ,also the late Pete amesbury in his Renault,and an erf

image.jpeg

DEANB:
We have had a few Volvo F6’s on here. They were a cracking motor in my opinion. Very comfortable and
reliable. I remember talking to the transport manager at Pickford’s Old Trafford and they had run loads
of these. However they decided to buy Ford Iveco’s due to how much cheaper they were ! In his words a
big mistake,he reckoned they cost twice as much to keep on the road with repairs and breakdowns ! :unamused:

Click on pages twice to read.

Rotherwas had one shunting in the abbey a sleeper one elwyn could load the trailers heavy cause it was so light weighing in :slight_smile:

smallcoal:
Hi dean ,some blue line pics of my mates merc ,also the late Pete amesbury in his Renault,and an erf

Cracking pics John,thanks for posting ! :laughing: :wink:

smallcoal:

DEANB:

Rotherwas had one shunting in the abbey a sleeper one elwyn could load the trailers heavy cause it was so light weighing in :slight_smile:

Good motors John ! :wink:

Typical white truck that so many companies seem to run today. :cry:
Cant beat a truck in company colours.

DCP_0887p.JPG

Council gritter Merc.

DCP_0934p.JPG

Bryans haulage MAN.

DCP_0902p.JPG

G.Crook & Sons Volvo.

DCP_1086p.JPG

Bayliss ERF

DCP_1100p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson ■■ Possibly Torridon Transport ■■

DCP_1102p.JPG

John Saunders Seddon Atkinson.

DCP_1059p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■?

DCP_1084p.JPG

Glendinning’s smart ERF outfit.

DCP_1156p.JPG

21st Century Transport. Mercedes certainly got there moneys worth out of this cab design. Does anyone
know when this shape cab was first introduced and when it finished ■■?

DCP_1179p.JPG

Hi dean ,some more pics the merc was gwyn James (RIP) and the road train ended up as a shunter,

image.jpeg

083BF858-B3E6-420B-8125-BA87E3B148DD.jpeg

06789726-2F75-4DD0-8EE6-5AC2063FB8D8.jpeg

920E846A-82F1-4D9C-AC24-7E6761CA8F07.jpeg

E5D33C79-966D-4F85-9325-A0C6AC1A6A03.jpeg

Kempston:
Came across this photo some time ago, I’ve lived in kempston all my life but have never heard or seen anything of this company before seeing this photo, don’t know if anyone else knows anything about them?

Is this the same E J Masters based now at King Langley , big AEC user in the 70’s then Marathon’s, green iirc. Still going I think.