PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

A03438p.JPG

Looks like Ex Danish Bacon with that headboard

Hi Dean,Another Stabshots :smiley: ,Cheers Bubbs :wink:

A03457p.JPG

Great photo Marcus…they must have been from down your way, never heard of them before.

smallcoal:
Hi dean ,some more pics the merc was gwyn James (RIP) and the road train ended up as a shunter,

Great pics John,thanks for posting ! :smiley:

Kempston:

Some nice looking motors there “Kempston”,thanks for posting ! :smiley:

Dieseldog66:

Kempston:
Came across this photo some time ago, I’ve lived in kempston all my life but have never heard or seen anything of this company before seeing this photo, don’t know if anyone else knows anything about them?

Is this the same E J Masters based now at King Langley , big AEC user in the 70’s then Marathon’s, green iirc. Still going I think.

Thanks for the name “Dieseldog66” :wink:

Stupot:
Looks like Ex Danish Bacon with that headboard

Thanks for the comment “Stupot” :smiley:

bubbleman:
Hi Dean,Another Stabshots :smiley: ,Cheers Bubbs :wink:

Nice pic Bubbs ! :wink: There have been some unusual names on some of these trucks.

Mark R:
Great photo Marcus…they must have been from down your way, never heard of them before.

:smiley: :wink:

Hallet & Silbermann Volvo F12.

A03439p.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Some oldies.

A04025p.JPG

A04026p.JPG

A04027p.JPG

A04080p.JPG

A04083p.JPG

A04085p.JPG

A04089p.JPG

A04090p.JPG

DEANB:
We have had a few Volvo F6’s on here. They were a cracking motor in my opinion. Very comfortable and
reliable. I remember talking to the transport manager at Pickford’s Old Trafford and they had run loads
of these. However they decided to buy Ford Iveco’s due to how much cheaper they were ! In his words a
big mistake,he reckoned they cost twice as much to keep on the road with repairs and breakdowns ! :unamused:

Hi Dean as you are on the subject of FL’s I have a V reg FL14 ex fire brigade and its only done 175000 ks and I had a new Tristar cattle body put on it and as you say it drives lovely, Buzzer.

Hi dean some volvos ,and one for moomooland :smiley:

image.jpeg

Check out trucks near Monmouth 1996 on you tube cls subbie with a road train ,a kenworth and lots of great trucks filmed in Goodrich where most of Paul’s pics are taken cheers John

155204CA-0A4B-4C6F-BE83-09797C94AC9B.jpeg

Still have a yard in kempston today.

5C74B22C-8A37-47ED-B632-ADEE69747FDA.jpeg
4C712D01-6CF6-45A3-80D1-060F2F934C02.jpeg

Hi Dean,893 FHY…with Leonard J Stamp ,seen on the A4 between Marlborough and Calne…pic taken by my old pal Ade Cypher,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Buzzer:

DEANB:
We have had a few Volvo F6’s on here. They were a cracking motor in my opinion. Very comfortable and
reliable. I remember talking to the transport manager at Pickford’s Old Trafford and they had run loads
of these. However they decided to buy Ford Iveco’s due to how much cheaper they were ! In his words a
big mistake,he reckoned they cost twice as much to keep on the road with repairs and breakdowns ! :unamused:

Hi Dean as you are on the subject of FL’s I have a V reg FL14 ex fire brigade and its only done 175000 ks and I had a new Tristar cattle body put on it and as you say it drives lovely, Buzzer.

Sounds like a cracking motor Buzzer with only 175000 kms on her,just run in ! Is it manual or auto being
an ex fire engine ? :unamused:

Heres a couple newer FM models. :wink:

paulgeefire2.jpg

paulgeefire.jpg

smallcoal:
Hi dean some volvos ,and one for moomooland :smiley:

Great pics John, thanks for posting ! :wink:

smallcoal:
Check out trucks near Monmouth 1996 on you tube cls subbie with a road train ,a kenworth and lots of great trucks filmed in Goodrich where most of Paul’s pics are taken cheers John

:laughing: :wink:

Kempston:
[attachment=0]

Thanks for the pics “Kempston” :wink: “240Gardner” will like the Viewline !

bubbleman:
Hi Dean,893 FHY…with Leonard J Stamp ,seen on the A4 between Marlborough and Calne…pic taken by my old pal Ade Cypher,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Cheers Bubbs,lovely old black and white pic. :wink:

Ray what’s the car chap as my uncle had one of those when i was a kid. Was it a Morris Oxford ■■? :unamused:

We have had a fair few Marathons on here.

A00034.JPG

A00103.JPG

A00195.JPG

A00267.JPG

2017-06-19 11.30.17.jpg

Hi dean,some Welsh marathons a couple of pics is courtesy of Ron ,the driver on the tautliner was John parry I took this pic in longbridge ,raymonds had marathons shunting in the steelworks the Owens courtesy of bubble pics also two of joints brand new :smiley:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ray what’s the car chap as my uncle had one of those when i was a kid. Was it a Morris Oxford ■■? :unamused:
[/quote]
Hi Dean, This is the Morris Oxford but the Austin A60 looked very similar. Harvey

Morris oxford.jpg

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson ■■ Possibly Torridon Transport ■■

Torridge Transport, I think

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson ■■ Possibly Torridon Transport ■■

Torridge Transport, I think

+1 Buzzer.

smallcoal:
Hi dean,some Welsh marathons a couple of pics is courtesy of Ron ,the driver on the tautliner was John parry I took this pic in longbridge ,raymonds had marathons shunting in the steelworks the Owens courtesy of bubble pics also two of joints brand new :smiley:

Nice pics John & Bubbs,thanks for posting. :smiley:

HRS:

Hi Dean, This is the Morris Oxford but the Austin A60 looked very similar. Harvey
[/quote]
Cheers Harvey for the name. I seem to remember reading that possibly one of these cars or a car similar was
still being made until fairly recently in India. :laughing: