PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

smallcoal:

DEANB:
Thanks to Paul,Oily,Buzzer,John,Harvey,marktaff,Bubbs,Bewick,Kempston,Arcdaz,Robert,Carl Williams,
Piston broke and nomiS36 for all the comments and photos. :wink:

The 141 looked tidy in Buzzers colours and when Bubbs caught it in Spark’s colours. Looks like i am the
only bugger that has not seen one of there’s for a while ! :unamused: :laughing:

John,you may have missed a question i posted to you regarding the Mansel Davies fleet. Do you know
roughly how many motors they run these days as i always like seeing there fleet when in Wales.

Hi dean sorry did not see that ,with his 8 wheel tankers, tippers and arctics I would say best part over 250 ,plus they run perennial freight ,they do all the farms if you go on the website it gives all the family history there was a programme on last year loriau mansel Davies on s4c following his company you can get it on I player ,next time I go up there we deliver the Volvo batteries I will find out for you cheers John

Really big concern then John. I did not realise they were that big to be honest. Always liked seeing there
old F7’s and F10/12’s running about long after they had stopped making them. Thanks for the details. :wink:

“smallcoal”. John you will probably remember this company. I seem to remember they had a 143 when
they first come out on a F reg.

Click on pages twice to read.

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

DCP_0821p.JPG

Ginsters Scania.

DCP_0853p.JPG

KB DAF passing Percy J Down Scania.

DCP_0855p.JPG

RR Transport Renault.

DCP_0864p.JPG

Tesco Scania.

DCP_0875p.JPG

Cant make the name out on the Scania ■■?

DCP_0893p.JPG

Evans Transport MAN.

DCP_0900p.JPG

Trans-plant ERF

DCP_0935p.JPG

One Stop Shop Seddon Atkinson tanker. I always think that the small wheels spoil the look of any truck.

DCP_0941p.JPG

Fraddon ERF

DCP_0953p.JPG

Some period adverts.

Click on pages twice to read.

Ensor ERF

L0356p.JPG

This might stir a few memories

Anyone recognise the Mercedes ■■?

L0460p.JPG

Elsby Foden. Load looks dodgy at the back of the trailer ? :open_mouth:

Elsby .jpg

Copestick & Farrell Guy. Paul reckons that is a Gardner 240 badge in the windscreen ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

L0562p.JPG

Freightliners Marathon.

L0563p.JPG

Esso Seddon Atkinson.

L0567p.JPG

James M Bennett Seddon Atkinson.

L0577p.JPG

MBT Foden looks a bit tired.

L0584p.JPG

Bowater & Scott Ford D series with a Carlsberg DAF. Must have been a cafe at this spot as Mark took
alot of photos at this spot.

L0596p.JPG

C.S.Davies Foden bulker.

L0747p.JPG

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Mercedes ■■?

Elsby Foden. Load looks dodgy at the back of the trailer ? :open_mouth:
It looks like his load of steel has shifted on the back they will move if not secured properly :blush:

Copestick & Farrell Guy. Paul reckons that is a Gardner 240 badge in the windscreen ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Freightliners Marathon.

Esso Seddon Atkinson.

James M Bennett Seddon Atkinson.

MBT Foden looks a bit tired.

Bowater & Scott Ford D series with a Carlsberg DAF. Must have been a cafe at this spot as Mark took
alot of photos at this spot.

C.S.Davies Foden bulker.

Kings heavy haulage ERF.

A00189.JPG

A00190.JPG

Click page once to read.

Hi dean more mansel Davies some of his tippers and milk tankers

image.jpeg

smallcoal:

marktaff:

smallcoal:
Some mansel Davies

Hi John…that’s a lovely looking pic of Mansel’s F7 and the coil trailer…personally those F7 especialy the sleeper cabs were beatiful looking trucks…Mansels colours realy made them look special .

Hi mate yes the trucks are always smart with him how you keeping

Hi John …I’m fine mate thanks… I did a job in the lane opposite Mansel’s yard about three years ago…Primrose lane If I recall it right…couldn’t resist to go over into the yard and have a look…like a treasure trove at the back amazing sight to see mate…some more nice pics you have put up there…I see you go to Mansel’s yard on a regular basis.

I loved these old Mercs, it was the first lorry my dad had with a sleeper cab. Apparently it was a bit gutless but other than that it was a nice motor. Certainly nicer than the Atkinson he had previously. Having said that, he says he actually preferd the Atki…

DEANB:
Some more from the Truck show.

Leyland Constructor.

Leyland Constructor.

ERF

Volvo F6

Jelcz.Dont think they sold too many ■■ :unamused: Or the one below !

Star

Seddon Atkinson.

White.

Scania

Magirus Deutz.

Hi Dean and paul could i please have a copy of your photo of the ARC Leyland Constructor tipper Best Regards Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Can anyone please give me some advice on how to copy an actual photo from here to be able to make a comment? I can copy and paste but the actual photo never seems to appear, any advice would be greatly received.

Kempston:
Can anyone please give me some advice on how to copy an actual photo from here to be able to make a comment? I can copy and paste but the actual photo never seems to appear, any advice would be greatly received.

If you just use the " Quote " button I think it will suffice requirements,…

OldishJoda:

Kempston:

No it wont.

Best way is click on the picture you require it will open with a black surround.
Put cursor over picture then right click.
Then click the ‘save image as’ tab and it will add the picture to your files.
You can then go into your picture files and attach picture in the quote box…

moomooland:

OldishJoda:

Kempston:

No it wont.

Best way is click on the picture you require it will open with a black surround.

Apologies… It won’t ! I will take the homework and stay behind after school… Sorry :frowning:

moomooland:

OldishJoda:

Kempston:

No it wont.

Thanks for the advice, I use an iPad but will try the tab button and see what happens, unfortunately technology missed me. :blush:

Mark R:
I loved these old Mercs, it was the first lorry my dad had with a sleeper cab. Apparently it was a bit gutless but other than that it was a nice motor. Certainly nicer than the Atkinson he had previously. Having said that, he says he actually preferd the Atki…

I had one of those bloody awful mercs, after a month I asked for my Atkinson back! The request was refused :cry: :cry: I had that efin monstrosity for years :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: regards Kev

kevmac47:

Mark R:

I had one of those bloody awful mercs, after a month I asked for my Atkinson back! The request was refused :cry: :cry: I had that efin monstrosity for years :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: regards Kev

Ha, my dad said much the same thing…You and he would obviously get on well.

Mark R:

kevmac47:

Mark R:

Ha, my dad said much the same thing…You and he would obviously get on well.

I think your comments about your Dad and I getting on will probably be spot on! We could try to outdo each other with tales of bad brakes and gutless hill climbing. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I have to admit though, it was a great cab to live in for its time. But I still hated it with a passion!!! regards Kev.