PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Carl Williams:
This might stir a few memories

Cheers Carl, Paul sent me a message saying how much he liked that pic ! :wink:

smallcoal:

DEANB:
Elsby Foden. Load looks dodgy at the back of the trailer ? :open_mouth:
It looks like his load of steel has shifted on the back they will move if not secured properly :blush:

Agree John it looks horrible ,accident waiting to happen ! :unamused:

smallcoal:
Hi dean more mansel Davies some of his tippers and milk tankers

Brilliant pics John,thanks for posting. :smiley: :wink:

Mark R:
I loved these old Mercs, it was the first lorry my dad had with a sleeper cab. Apparently it was a bit gutless but other than that it was a nice motor. Certainly nicer than the Atkinson he had previously. Having said that, he says he actually preferd the Atkiā€¦

:laughing: :laughing:

ArcDaz:

DEANB:
Some more from the Truck show.
Leyland Constructor.

Hi Dean and paul could i please have a copy of your photo of the ARC Leyland Constructor tipper Best Regards Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Will sort it Daz ! :wink:

OldishJoda:

moomooland:

OldishJoda:

Kempston:
Can anyone please give me some advice on how to copy an actual photo from here to be able to make a comment? I can copy and paste but the actual photo never seems to appear, any advice would be greatly received.

If you just use the " Quote " button I think it will suffice requirements,ā€¦

No it wont.
Best way is click on the picture you require it will open with a black surround.
Put cursor over picture then right click.
Then click the ā€˜save image asā€™ tab and it will add the picture to your files.
You can then go into your picture files and attach picture in the quote boxā€¦

Apologiesā€¦ It wonā€™t ! I will take the homework and stay behind after schoolā€¦ Sorry :frowning:

ā€œOldishJodaā€ probably get a ā€œDā€ merit as well chap ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink: Thanks Paul ! :wink:

Kempston:
Thanks for the advice, I use an iPad but will try the tab button and see what happens, unfortunately technology missed me. :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kevmac47:

Mark R:
I loved these old Mercs, it was the first lorry my dad had with a sleeper cab. Apparently it was a bit gutless but other than that it was a nice motor. Certainly nicer than the Atkinson he had previously. Having said that, he says he actually preferd the Atkiā€¦

I had one of those bloody awful mercs, after a month I asked for my Atkinson back! The request was refused :cry: :cry: I had that efin monstrosity for years :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: regards Kev

Quality ! :laughing: My grandad had one and they had a dodgy useless rachet hand brake fitted that would release
itelf if left running due to the vibration ! :open_mouth: :unamused:

You may remember this unusual Seddon Atkinson that was operated by Security Lock & Safe Co Ltd.

A01817.JPG

Came across this article.

Click on pages twice to read.

Another Merc advert for ā€œMark Rā€ and ā€œKevmac47ā€ :laughing: :wink:

Jack Motors Blackburn.

1974 Jacks motors tamplin.PNG

John McGill haulage from St Helens.

L0428p.JPG

Click on pages once to read.

Steve Porter FL7 Volvo.

DCP_1063p.JPG

Walkers Scania

DCP_1073p.JPG

Saint Gobain Scania.

DCP_0914p.JPG

DAF

DCP_0849p.JPG

Viridor Mercedes.

DCP_0897p.JPG

DJB Haulage Hino.

DCP_0903p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Scania ā– ā– ?

DCP_1080p.JPG

Tesco Scania.

DCP_1135p.JPG

Boots ERF

DCP_0998p.JPG

RPL Transport Renault.

DCP_1193p.JPG

I like the white DAF 95 , most likely incorrect but looks like a ex Brs wagon .

DEANB:

Chris Webb:
Shell Seddon Atkinson
The Shell SA D408 MAN was registered in the Isle of Man.Looks like the photo was taken on Parliament Street Ramsey.Shell in Douglas is now Manx Petroleum.

Thanks for your comments Chris ! :wink:

Retired Old ā– ā– ā– ā– :
Whatā€™s the world coming to? A right-hand drive White and a left-hand drive Bedford!

:laughing:

smallcoal:
Hi all,you donā€™t see trade stands like that anymore that was when you advertised proper trucks ,that used to take place at Earlā€™s Court nowadays everything is leased cheers John

Cheers John ! :laughing:

moomooland:
Your right there John hereā€™s another blast from the past.

Nice pic Paul ! :wink:

HRS:
.At Earlā€™s Court you could ā€œpop outā€ and find any Restaurant, Italian, Chinese, Pubs, whatever you fancied within a few hundren yards.Now at the N E C you are lucky to get a dried up roll for a Fiver. We all saw the best times. Harvey

:laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:
Bedford.
Hi Dean, I am as ever, very grateful to see the pictures on this thread, However, 2 pictures really caught my eye.
The Mansel Davies Volvo F7 has an amazing paint job, and excellent signwriting. I wonder is it the hand painted
skills of a traditional Signwriter, or is it Computer Graphics ā– ā–  The white Bedford TL with the cack-handed
steering wheel reminded me of my Bedford TL, shown earlier this week, which, if Bass Brewery had left its BEDFORD
name on, It would have looked much better. Regards, Ray.

I thought you might like the Bedford Ray ! Agree the Volvo looks sweet ! :wink:

moomooland:

spike74:
Is the Volvo an F6 ā€˜Sā€™ ?

Itā€™s actually a day cabbed Volvo F7.
Most Volvo F7 tractor units were sleeper cabbed versions although the day cabbed version was popular for localdeliveries

Thanks ā€œspike74ā€ and Paul for your comments and pics. :smiley:

smallcoal:
Hi Ray, mansel does all his own maintenance spraying signwrighting workshops for everything in his yard cheers John

I take i they are still a Volvo agent John. How many motors do Manselā€™s run roughly ? Are they still operating some old ones
as when ever i went to Wales you always saw a few old ones that they kept running ! :wink:

Jenson:
I wonder if this is a Volvo F 10

:laughing: :wink:

Kempston:
Great photo of this E. Hull of Bedford Heavy Haulage Volvo. Takes me back probably 30 years ago. I used to work for W.H.Allen of Bedford, a large engineering company building marine engines, turbines and very large pumps, E.Hull used to transport much of their products.

Hello ā€œKempstonā€ Paul will be pleased that the pic brought back some memories ! :smiley: :wink:

nomiS36:
First truck that I drove as mine full time after passing my testā€¦

Very comfortable truck ā€œnomiS36ā€ :wink:

tastrucker:
T.E.Jones Scania bulker.

Hello DEAN ,very nice picture T E Jones Nesscliff ,very big fleet ,would load at Shotton via Cadwalladers ,keep the Shropshire motors coming ,thank you Trevor

We have had a few of theres on here Trevor ! :wink:

kenfig bill:

moomooland:
1That was an interesting article Dean i bet those F10ā€™s they refered to were like Rolls Royceā€™s after driving one of these Fodenā€™s belowā€¦

Gwynn Bowen of Gorseinon nr Swansea had a S60 Foden as well ā€¦as a kid ā€¦can remember it loading at 3Ms ā€¦it had a Gardner 240 ā€¦Great shots as usual DEAN ā€¦Geraint .

Thanks for your comments Geraint ! :smiley: :wink:

Hello DEAN ,thank you for the T E Jones F88 ,i think at that time they were hauling scrap from GKN Wellington to Shotton , i have not been on for some time so i am catching up on this wonderful thread ,thank you Dean ,Trevor

JAKEY:
I like the white DAF 95 , most likely incorrect but looks like a ex Brs wagon .

Hi JAKEYā€¦Yes my thoughts to it has the hallmark of a BRS Truckā€¦like you say nice looking 95.
Nice looking one a few posts back pulling a nice step frame.

P2130079p.jpg

Yes marktaff , maybe its the spoilers ? at Brs Oxford depot we only had Sleepers on the rental fleet with out spoilers, infact we ended up with one on a contract which was ex rental but came from Gloucester depot, they were great to drive if you had a 2500 on a normal day :open_mouth: .

JAKEY:
Yes marktaff , maybe its the spoilers ? at Brs Oxford depot we only had Sleepers on the rental fleet with out spoilers, infact we ended up with one on a contract which was ex rental but came from Gloucester depot, they were great to drive if you had a 2500 on a normal day :open_mouth: .

Yes JAKEYā€¦they are a nice truck to driveā€¦we have a ridged drawbar XF at our place automaticā€¦itā€™s done close on million Ks and drives like New.

marktaff , ref your Daf 95 at your work , is it the same driver every day though ? it makes a massive difference .

wink:

Kempston:
Great photo of this E. Hull of Bedford Heavy Haulage Volvo. Takes me back probably 30 years ago. I used to work for W.H.Allen of Bedford, a large engineering company building marine engines, turbines and very large pumps, E.Hull used to transport much of their products.

Hello ā€œKempstonā€ Paul will be pleased that the pic brought back some memories ! :smiley: :wink:

Glad to be of assistance! :wink: Iā€™m hoping to be able to post some photos of my own as soon as i can, donā€™t think i have any of E.Hull but definitely have some of Leicester Heavy Haulage loading out of W.HAllen and maybe some RJC Transport of Bedford too. There was a photo somewhere on this forum of London Brick Ridgemont Works which as sad as it sounds actually bought a tear to my eyes.

When I was around 12 (44 years ago) I used to go out for a ride with my Dads mate in a London Brick AEC Mammoth Major, reg 958 JTM. Fleet no. F247. That photo of the yard is the first i have able to find. I donā€™t know what year it was taken though. It certainly doesnā€™t show the AEC I used to go in as that had a name board on the top of the cab roof.

London Brick used to remove the passenger seat back then so they couldnā€™t carry passengers so my Dads mate had to make me a makeshift seat! I had to hide in his car whilst he went and warmed it up etc, he would then come and get me. We would run dodging between the other lorries and I would have to crouch down on the floor of the passenger side until we got on the motorway or away from the yard. I absolutely loved it and went on numerous occasions over the next few years.

By pure chance I was looking online around three years ago and up came a photo of the very same lorry! I couldnā€™t believe it, it was taken in London (near Highgate if I remember correctly). I was elated! Sadly itā€™s in black and white. I have got the photo on my iPad and will post it when I can find out how.(bloody technology). The reason I asked about the year the photo of the whole fleet was taken was because I can definitely remember there being some Fodens at Ridgemont and a couple of Volvo artics. It may just be that the photo didnā€™t fit all the vehicles in. Some fleet eh! And that was only Ridgemont, two miles up the road was Stewartby and Kempston Hardwick. I doubt there were many bigger fleets back in that day.

JAKEY:
marktaff , ref your Daf 95 at your work , is it the same driver every day though ? it makes a massive difference .

No JAKEYā€¦in total itā€™s had 3 drivers since New its an 08 plateā€¦ 90% of its working life just been constantly running Spainā€¦the Engine did have some major work done to it about a year ago but still running Spain at the momentā€¦itā€™s about to be replaced next monthā€¦but still drives like a dream.

Credit to the drivers then marktaff , still doing distance work I would of thought it would be a local or even shunter now ? have you a photo of her ?

JAKEY:
Credit to the drivers then marktaff , still doing distance work I would of thought it would be a local or even shunter now ? have you a photo of her ?

I will have a serch now JAKEY see if I can find one !

marktaff:

JAKEY:

I will have a serch now JAKEY see if I can find one !

This is her a couple of years ago JAKEY

IMG-20180227-WA0000.jpg

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the Scania ā– ā– ?

BWOC Fuel

DCP_1080p.JPG
Itā€™s got ā€˜KINGā€™ on nameplate on the front. Might mean something to someoneā€¦Great photoā€™s as always.

marktaff , thatā€™s so lovely , are you on the vans ? one of mine attached .