Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

My Cat Oily, first,day she started work,second after a few months. Two hopes of getting washed. Not me in photo
Some machine 1700bhp ,1/3 mile to the gallon. She’d do 35 mph , but didn’t half take some pulling up loaded. Cheers Coomsey

oiltreader:
Thanks to 5thwheel, coomsey and Ray Smyth for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Top Cat, couple of clicks to get a closeup.
Oily

Like the optimism of the wheel chock Oily!

David

5thwheel:
Apologies for photo quality.

D03CE697-05B6-4039-BBBE-43F678B3C55F.jpeg

24 April 1985
Stock Green
Worcs, Eng
Another ex Telecom van languishing in the damp.
This time a Morris Minor, although i have since learnt
that some ‘Moggies’ in Telecom use ‘may’ have been labeled Austin, ?

Just one today, Buzzer

87034511_3454102771318430_3042268383937560576_n.jpg

87366218_10221804238477989_7132941119507136512_n.jpg

pyewacket947v:
24 April 1985
Stock Green
Worcs, Eng
Another ex Telecom van languishing in the damp.
This time a Morris Minor, although i have since learnt
that some ‘Moggies’ in Telecom use ‘may’ have been labeled Austin, ?

Heres another Morris Minor mini artic.

morris m.PNG

Thanks to coomsey, pyewacket947v, Buzzer and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Proper lorry man load.

TKN Mick at Rugby IMG_0017 t08.jpg

oiltreader:
Thanks to coomsey, pyewacket947v, Buzzer and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Proper lorry man load.

The parking brake on those Fords was an appalling bit of kit

4340930459_9cbac3022f_b.jpg
New one for me, does anyone know what’s what?

3 May 1985
Christian Salvesen Depot
Berry Hill Ind Est
Droitwich Spa, Worcs, Eng,
Leyland Cruiser
The only one of its kind we had at Droitwich,
Driven by the late Ron Ritchie and Graham Hall.
Not a bad motor to drive, it went well. Its looks where ruined
some time later when it was repainted in Sainsbury orange.

J.Bradshaw & Sons today nmp’s, Buzzer

87472702_2819035191506642_4239653838123958272_n.jpg

Nice to see some of Bradshaws, and at least they are still operating trucks today.

Pete.

Buzzer:

Well the owner of the Atki belonged to the right union if the reg no. is anything to go by! :wink: R

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:

Well the owner of the Atki belonged to the right union if the reg no. is anything to go by! :wink: R

Could stand for summit completely different as well Robert, Buzzer

grumpy old man:

oiltreader:
Oily

Proper lorry man load.

The parking brake on those Fords was an appalling bit of kit

They certainly were. There was a knack to using them…and releasing them when they stuck on.

5 May 1985
Tucked away in Himbleton, Worcs, Eng
A BMC, FE/FF/FH tipper,
Looks as if it is badged as a Austin,

Burnetts of Portsmouth were regular carriers of cauliflower. The produce was brought from Brittany into
Portsmouth by Commodore Shipping. Burnetts lorries were often seen at wholesale fruit & vegetable
markets throughout the UK. The 2 fuel tanks indicate that this AEC did plenty of long journeys.
During my time driving for Robert Baillie from Horndean, I delivered many loads of Brittany cauliflower
to J .V . Whites, and Fitzpatricks in the wholesale fruit & vegetable market at Edge Lane, Liverpool. NMP.

Ray Smyth.

Burnett AEC Mike Burnett.jpg

What about all the road dirt Ray, you had to watch them crates as if a staple caught your finger you knew all about it you needed gloves when chucking them about, also the use of clap boards which spread the grab and prevented the ropes crushing into the boxes, cheers Buzzer.

Ray Smyth:
Burnetts of Portsmouth were regular carriers of cauliflower. The produce was brought from Brittany into
Portsmouth by Commodore Shipping. Burnetts lorries were often seen at wholesale fruit & vegetable
markets throughout the UK. The 2 fuel tanks indicate that this AEC did plenty of long journeys.
During my time driving for Robert Baillie from Horndean, I delivered many loads of Brittany cauliflower
to J .V . Whites, and Fitzpatricks in the wholesale fruit & vegetable market at Edge Lane, Liverpool. NMP.

Ray Smyth.

All the ropes double hitched, but no front cross and it appears only one back one, unless that one in view actually goes across the back at the same level.

Buzzer:

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:

Could stand for summit completely different as well Robert, Buzzer

:laughing: :laughing: