Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Thanks to tyneside :smiley: , Buzzer :smiley: , DEANB :smiley: , fodenway :smiley: , jshepguis :smiley: , Chris Webb :smiley: , windrush :smiley: , Ray Smyth :smiley: , Dirty Dan :smiley: and coomsey :smiley: for the pics
Oily

Leeming Bar back in May.

Ray Smyth:
Austin Wilkinson are a long established haulage contractor from Atherton, near Wigan.
The company have been a Palletline carrier for many years.
Ray Smyth.

Hi Ray,

I can remember Austin Wilkinson’s when their yard was in Salford,Weaste I think it was.

David

5thwheel:

Ray Smyth:
Austin Wilkinson are a long established haulage contractor from Atherton, near Wigan.
The company have been a Palletline carrier for many years.
Ray Smyth.

Hi Ray,

I can remember Austin Wilkinson’s when their yard was in Salford,Weaste I think it was.

David

They were in Nott St. Salford, they did a lot of work for Manchester Liners / OOCL.

M.A.N. low loader on the A577 in Pemberton, Wigan. 1/11/2019.

Scania 81.

Todays entry nmp’s, Buzzer

AAJZGws.jpg

Buzzer:
Todays selection box, Buzzer.

Hi Buzzer ,top shot BRS north dock Swansea ,regards Keith

Thanks to Ray Smyth, DEANB and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
Oily

1953 Leyland prototype, I read only two ever made based on Tiger Cub bus chassis with 0.350 engine.

John Scott & Sons. Newcastle upon Tyne nmp’s Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Todays entry nmp’s, Buzzer

Surprised that we haven’t seen more of Clive Warcup’s fleet on TN. It’s a reasonable sized company that has been around for a good number of years.

I think the bus is a L.G.O.C. (London General Omnibus Company). They were the largest bus operator in London from that era and made its own buses. The engineering division of the company became the precursor of the Associated Equipment Company, aka AEC. CAV551 will confirm the make of bus…or otherwise.

John Scott & Sons were a large Newcastle haulage and domestic coal concern. Did a lot of work for S&N Brewery. They also had a lot of four wheel tippers on hire to the local councils.
Little bit before my time but I think in the fifties they had a lady transport manager called “Ma Brown” who had a reputation for using very un lady like language.
They were eventually bought out by Bowey Construction, gradually phasing out the flat work to concentrate on tippers which ran under the Anthony Mole name.
IIRC the whole concern stopped trading in the mid nineties.

Tyneside

tyneside:
John Scott & Sons were a large Newcastle haulage and domestic coal concern. Did a lot of work for S&N Brewery. They also had a lot of four wheel tippers on hire to the local councils.
Little bit before my time but I think in the fifties they had a lady transport manager called “Ma Brown” who had a reputation for using very un lady like language.
They were eventually bought out by Bowey Construction, gradually phasing out the flat work to concentrate on tippers which ran under the Anthony Mole name.
IIRC the whole concern stopped trading in the mid nineties.

Tyneside

Hi Tyneside, Your quite correct about Ma Brown, I never met her but their drivers used to tell me about her,She certainly kept them to attention, No one ever back answered her :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Henley Transport from Kent who liked there ERF’s, nmp’s Buzzer.

75339630_10218625414977908_2104816712737095680_n.jpg

75323365_10218625413497871_5037959293467361280_n.jpg

73523604_10218625413057860_6090053189510365184_n.jpg

72249560_10218625414297891_3206906776884609024_n.jpg

Hi Buzzer, Thanks for posting John Scotts old wagons, The Leyland is a 1924 Reg & the Thorneycroft 1925, There is one of their 1960 reg four wheeler flat Its in Murray Hoggs colours, It goes to shows now & again, When Scotts had it it was In Bass colours which was blue, They stored their barrels & bottled Bass in the arches along Pottery Lane behind the Central Station in Newcastle, The driver was a lad called Freddie Ferrier, He used to give us a few bottles of Bass :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Hi Buzzer, Thanks for posting John Scotts old wagons, The Leyland is a 1924 Reg & the Thorneycroft 1925, There is one of their 1960 reg four wheeler flat Its in Murray Hoggs colours, It goes to shows now & again, When Scotts had it it was In Bass colours which was blue, They stored their barrels & bottled Bass in the arches along Pottery Lane behind the Central Station in Newcastle, The driver was a lad called Freddie Ferrier, He used to give us a few bottles of Bass :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Regards Larry.

This is the old Thorneycroft that was Scotts, Regards Larry.

Scotts Bedford,Regards Larry.

IIRC, The Thorneycroft four wheeler was new to Swinney Bros Engineering at Morpeth in 1960, But IIRC Elliots of Morpeth might have been they first owner, It was in fact in Swinney,s livery, :question: :question: :question: , As Elliots did some of their haulage work in those days, Regards Larry.

Who will tell more about this Maudslay Chinese six?
forum-auto.caradisiac.com/automo … 1-7455.htm

Couple more today nmp’s Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Couple more today nmp’s Buzzer.

Those Mercs are woeful Buzzer, i had the unfortunate pleasure of a 68 plate 450 friday and saturday morning last week i was down to just above 20mph coming up the M621 saturday loaded my 10 year old Daf goes better