Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Todays selection box, Buzzer.

Some from your part of the world Oily.

Another Barnsley firm from the past, Fearns of Dodworth’s Albion Caledonian, with a sheet rail down the centre of the bed.

oiltreader:

peterm:

pv83:
Still earning it’s keep
 :wink:

Nice old Scania, but what is that black thing going through the lights with it in the first pic? It looks as though someone’s stuck an extra bit on as an afterthought.

Hi peterm, I’d say a Toyota HiLux with a cargo hood.
Oily

Thanks for that.

tyneside:
Same vehicle at two different stages of its life

Certainly more attractive in its first life! Strangekly, it seems its oiwner changed its body; did they stop selling or carrying cleaning liquids?

Picture of Scotts Stralis taken coming off our site in Newcastle a few years ago.

jshepguis:
Picture of Scotts Stralis taken coming off our site in Newcastle a few years ago.

Is that Scotts from Chesterfield? I met him on a cruise that we won in a competition and later, as I wanted to get out of management and back to driving, especially heavy haulage, I went to see him there. He didn’t have a driving vacancy at the time but offered me the job as transport manager instead. :open_mouth:

As that would have been out of the frying pan into the fire, I declined and left him to his cleanup. The night before somebody had fired the pallet storage firm next door and his place suffered some damage.

Later, after I moved to France he asked if I would do some car pilot work here for him, but the opportunity didn’t arise, I was doing something else at the time.

Froggy55:

tyneside:
Same vehicle at two different stages of its life

Certainly more attractive in its first life! Strangekly, it seems its oiwner changed its body; did they stop selling or carrying cleaning liquids?

From what I understand, when new and with that streamline body it was used for promotional purposes and some retail deliveries. It was obviously demoted after some time to more general work.

Tyneside

Couple of Steyr’s today, they were not that common IIRC nmp’s, Buzzer

71246365_2419043734976166_6053176965379129344_n.jpg

Buzzer:

Colas in Isle of Man ran an ERF with Steyr cab at one time. Not my photo.

iom110.jpg

Buzzer:

Hey buzzer that’s my old firm.Best job and bosses I had in 3 2yrs on the job.He only had the one
steya but it was a good truck.
My old mate paul barber used to drive it R.I.P. Thanks for the picture brings back good memorys

Steyrs had a decent reputation, I knew a chap who ran one and had no problems with it at all. My old mate Jim and his son ran two Steyr cabbed four wheeler ERF’s as well.

NMP
3084474067_8ae15814fa_b.jpg

Pete.

East Trans Mercedes-Benz seen last week in Wigan, at the traffic lights junction
with Caroline Street and Wallgate (A49). It looks like it is going dark, but it was
only 11.30 a.m.
Ray Smyth.

Austin Wilkinson are a long established haulage contractor from Atherton, near Wigan.
The company have been a Palletline carrier for many years.
Ray Smyth.

Last drive of the year,time to park up the old girl until next year.

Danne

12486CFF-220C-4F28-92D3-15A8B195B8D0.jpeg

A646B7F6-0B17-4370-8315-6D549FFBB477.jpeg

oiltreader:

pete smith:

pv83:

oiltreader:
Nice one Patrick :smiley:
Couple of Strators courtesy of Peter Schöler.
Oily

Are those Australian imports Oily? There was a Iveco dealer in the south of Holland that build them, I think they came as a assembly kit or sommat? You could only order them with a auto 'box, otherwise the “operation” was too complicated

What they basically did was putting a normal cab on a long rigid chassis, although mounted further back on the chassis and add the nose to it. Not sure how much they’ve sold and if they still offer that option

Cheers, Patrick

There was a company in the Alfreton area who ran a bonneted Iveco pulling a low loader, cannot remember the company name!

You’re on track Patrick a cousin to the OZ Power Star.
iveco.com/uk/press-room/rel 
 rator.aspx
Oily

jshepguis:

Cheers :wink:

Dirty Dan:

Danne

Thought the “classic” season was already over up North Danne :wink: I’m going to Copenhagen next week, already got my coat on

A few pictures of lorries from Australia Victoria state around Melbourne. First one actually in centre of Melbourne lot of construction going on building new tunnels for subway extensions.

Next two at motorway services.

And last one taken at the Phillip Island Moto GP.

20191027_111004.jpg

pv83:

Dirty Dan:

Danne

Thought the “classic” season was already over up North Danne :wink: I’m going to Copenhagen next week, already got my coat on

I know! It is but to mutch work and 2 teenagers at home you know. Usally park it mid october
 well denmark Will be ok for you mate. Not to bad this time of year.

Danne

b11059191703e9d4a3cf6e9ad7a8d3a2--british-transportation.jpg
An ode soldier nmp