Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Busy meat market scene but don’t know where, someone will for sure, Buzzer

73297031_10157071315622991_8084439966580473856_n.jpg

Buzzer:

Hi Buzzer ,that actually is Stanley meat market Liverpool ,regards keith

Spotted this beauty last week near Hebden Bridge. I’m pretty sure it used to be a mobile grocer’s shop based in Flockton (near Huddersfield) up until the late seventies at least. I hope it’s been saved for restoration.

dhl 886-003.JPG

oiltreader:
Nice one Patrick :smiley:
Couple of Strators courtesy of Peter Schöler.
Oily

Are those Australian imports Oily? There was a Iveco dealer in the south of Holland that build them, I think they came as a assembly kit or sommat? You could only order them with a auto 'box, otherwise the “operation” was too complicated…
What they basically did was putting a normal cab on a long rigid chassis, although mounted further back on the chassis and add the nose to it. Not sure how much they’ve sold and if they still offer that option…

Cheers, Patrick

pv83:

oiltreader:
Oily

Are those Australian imports Oily? There was a Iveco dealer in the south of Holland that build them, I think they came as a assembly kit or sommat? You could only order them with a auto 'box, otherwise the “operation” was too complicated…
What they basically did was putting a normal cab on a long rigid chassis, although mounted further back on the chassis and add the nose to it. Not sure how much they’ve sold and if they still offer that option…

Cheers, Patrick

There was a company in the Alfreton area who ran a bonneted Iveco pulling a low loader, cannot remember the company name!

pete smith:

pv83:

oiltreader:
Oily

Cheers, Patrick

There was a company in the Alfreton area who ran a bonneted Iveco pulling a low loader, cannot remember the company name!

Could it be Scotts white and green colour

pete smith:

pv83:

oiltreader:
Oily

Cheers, Patrick

I’m drawing a blank here mate… it wasn’t Heanor was it?

pete smith:

pv83:

oiltreader:
Oily

Cheers, Patrick

You’re on track Patrick a cousin to the OZ Power Star.
iveco.com/uk/press-room/rel … rator.aspx
Oily

One more for today, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

Hi John, Yes, as Keith says, it is Stanley Abattoir & Meat Market on Prescot Road (A57), Liverpool.
The Austin van is from Scotts bakery, probably the largest bakery in Liverpool, they had more than
100 vans and mobile shops. The lorry with the insulated container, just behind the Austin is from
the fleet of W.G.Suckling, a large meat wholesaler. Just up the road, and to the left of the picture
was where the wholesale fruit & vegetable market was from about 1969, there was also an entrance
to the market on Edge Lane, I think it all finally closed recently.

Ray Smyth.

I am surprised that Stanley Abattoir & Meat Market is still there.
Recent picture on Google Earth. Ray Smyth.

pv83:
Still earning it’s keep… :wink:

Nice old Scania, but what is that black thing going through the lights with it in the first pic? It looks as though someone’s stuck an extra bit on as an afterthought.

oiltreader:
Thanks to Buzzer, tyneside, Lawrence Dunbar and DEANB for the pcs :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and all the craic :smiley:
Oily

Northern Territory truck from a fellow flickrite.

From my one time home, Katherine, too long ago to have any knowledge of the owner/driver though. Nice picture. :slight_smile:

pv83:

passed a J reg with a container on this morning, a14 just before the M6 , so still a few about .

pete smith:

pv83:

oiltreader:
Oily

Cheers, Patrick

Was it Billy Boat?

peterm:

pv83:

Nice old Scania, but what is that black thing going through the lights with it in the first pic? It looks as though someone’s stuck an extra bit on as an afterthought.

Hi peterm, I’d say a Toyota HiLux with a cargo hood.
Oily

Thanks to pv83, Buzzer, fodenway and Ray Smyth for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Not your normal advert, a disclaimer you might say :smiley:
Oily

oiltreader:
Thanks to pv83, Buzzer, fodenway and Ray Smyth for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Not your normal advert, a disclaimer you might say :smiley:
Oily

:laughing: :laughing:

Same vehicle at two different stages of its life

DOMESTOS LEYLAND OCTOPUS 1.jpg

This one looks like it is pulling out of one of the Tyne yards at Low Walker Newcastle. from face book

Tyneside

Low loader walker 1.jpg