Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Thanks to Spardo, Buzzer and Froggy55 for the pics. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and to Froggy55… what powers this outside broadcast outfit?
Oily

Bit more modern fleet today, Buzzer

Re: Buzzer’s Sunlight Laundry van. Any idea what make it is? My first thought was a Guy, but it’s just a guess.

Retired Old ■■■■:
Re: Buzzer’s Sunlight Laundry van. Any idea what make it is? My first thought was a Guy, but it’s just a guess.

I reckon it’s a DENNIS rof, not to be confused with a certain multi-millionare ex haulier (“no money in haulage lad” you must have heard that a few times rof!) in the far north though. :wink:

Pete.

Thanks for that, Windy. Of course, you would have seen them running around when you were a lad?
Don’t start me off on the “multi-millionaire” theme! Or his pile of engines!

Retired Old ■■■■:
Thanks for that, Windy. Of course, you would have seen them running around when you were a lad?

Two of ten loads annually ex Sam Smith’s farms at Tadcaster back to Ackenthwaite Farm, Milnthorpe. Smith’s wouldn’t allow the straw to be burned on the field because it upset the shooting ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Retired Old ■■■■:

0 Two of ten loads annually ex Sam Smith’s farms at Tadcaster back to Ackenthwaite Farm, Milnthorpe. Smith’s wouldn’t allow the straw to be burned on the field because it upset the shooting ! Cheers Dennis.

If you had gone for a decent 9-high there would have been no need for that pig’s ear of a bottom layer! And that bit of ■■■■■■■■ string on the right-hand trailer looks suspiciously slack to me.

P.S. I told you at the time that it was false economy refusing the addition of the Hay & Straw Module to my Overpriced R&S Course.

oiltreader:
Thanks to Spardo, Buzzer and Froggy55 for the pics. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and to Froggy55… what powers this outside broadcast outfit?
Oily

It’s based on a 1963 Berliet TRK 10 tractor:
camionclubdefrance.a.free.fr/ber … dunord.php

Here’s the “normal” TRK 10

Froggy55:

oiltreader:
Oily

0 Here’s the “normal” TRK 10

A French friend of mine who lives near Dole is an ex Onatra driver, but on the tanks. The same age as me he does what I do these days, but only day runs, taking his wife with him for company and we often meet up at a routier somewhere to transfer a Dobermann and have a catch up about the old days in all things transport. :smiley:

Spardo:

Froggy55:

oiltreader:
Oily

0 Here’s the “normal” TRK 10

A French friend of mine who lives near Dole is an ex Onatra driver, but on the tanks. The same age as me he does what I do these days, but only day runs, taking his wife with him for company and we often meet up at a routier somewhere to transfer a Dobermann and have a catch up about the old days in all things transport. :smiley:

I remember Onatra tippers loading pitch out of BSC Chemicals Orgreave Sheffield early 70s.Always got wife,kids and a dog int cab.They took the pitch to the Marseille area.

DISPATCHER:

What did you do with all the milk churns when on straw cart Chris ? cheers Buzzer

hi jd
they used to stand them down either side of wagons ,ended up with umpteen colomns of churns all over the varoius depots

Thanks to Buzzer, Bewick, Froggy55 and DISPATCHER for the pics. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Dingwall today.

A R Marshall and Sons (Bulwell) Nottingham nmp

Hi, Folks . The Blue DAF Jeff Ellis was driven by my nephew Gwyn Morris ,Just a bit of useless info ,Cheers Barry

Scania advert 1973.

gazsa401:

A R Marshall and Sons (Bulwell) Nottingham nmp

Marshall’s, a well known firm on the Nottingham scene for many years, I don’t know what became of them apart from assuming that they are no longer there.

When I was manager at Toray, just down the road, we had trouble with car parking in the street outside our factory which made it impossible for our night trunk to Hyde from getting access. We already hired stuff from Dawsonrentals in Marshall’s yard from time to time. and they agred to allow us to drop the first trailer of the night there and collect it in the morning.

What we didn’t know was that Dawsons hadn’t told Marshall’s and the dark stuff really hit the fan when one of their directors saw our trailer there and the gateman’s reports over several weeks.

He calmed down a bit when he realised that we gave him some work now and again but we still had to clear out and ended up paying Trowel services for the privelege.