Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Best Wishes for Christmas, and Happy New Year to all my friends on Trucknet. Ray Smyth.

Thanks to Chris Webb, Leyland 600, DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and Ray Smyth for the Christmas Greetings to all :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Round he counties with thanks to Richard Says.

Lincs Richard 35640968651_d9248e8412_rs k.jpg

Lincs Richard 35625996751_3c671ef112 rs _k.jpg

Lincs Richard 35566028181_0902a7b668_krs .jpg

Lincs Richard 35566018871_54c289ba4d_rs k.jpg

Lincs Richard 34887006123_d45b535527_rs k.jpg

Lincs Richard 33429022756_bd2eab30b5_rs k.jpg

Lincs Richard 32972970000_2fb6b69947_rs k.jpg

Says it all really.

250616 (1).JPG

coomsey:

Leyland600:
Hi coomsey, the odd looking cab on this Atkinson looks like a New Zealand built Taylor Hull cab. These were strengthened cabs that were able to withstand travel on unsealed roads which were quite common in NZ a few years back, the Walton le Dale built Atki cabs just shook themselves to pieces.
Here are a couple of photo I took in the Bill Richardson Museum at Invercargill back in 2007 showing a Taylor Hull cab alongside a Walton le Dale example.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Thought it was down under machine L600. Doesn’t say a lot for your product if someone has to improve it but then they were designed for home. I know which one I’d take for looks though.cheers coomsey

Except they still weren’t up to it and so many were re-cabbed with the Australian Reinforced Plastics cab, and that’s why this is the only surviving Taylor-Hull example.

There were Atkis assembled in New Zealand which carried all three types of cab in their lives!

Thanks to pyewacket947v for the Christmas greetings :smiley:
Oily

Showman Leylands from the Ronnie Cameron Collection.

oiltreader:
Thanks to pyewacket947v for the Christmas greetings :smiley:
Oily

Showman Leylands from the Ronnie Cameron Collection.

Hi Eddie, The white Leyland Beaver in picture 1 has a Liverpool Reg. No. GLV 508,
It has a front shunt bar like many “Wagon & Drag” outfits had on Merseyside.
I wonder is it an ex Jarvis Robinson or Thomas Wilson lorry ?
Kind Regards, and have a merry Christmas, Ray.

A big thanks to all who keep this thread going with pictures and the craic :smiley: all the best to everyone for 2019 and beyond.
Oily

oiltreader:
A big thanks to all who keep this thread going with pictures and the craic :smiley: all the best to everyone for 2019 and beyond.
Oily

Same to you Oily. Frohe Weihnachten.

Greetings from Germany
Johnny

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

oiltreader:
Oily

And the same to you and yours, Oily and many thanks for the photos and all your hard work.

oiltreader:
Oily

Same to you Oily, a great thread!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Let us all spare a thought for all those folks caught up in the PAN AM 103 Lockerbie disaster which occurred 30 years ago today, I am sure we have all passed by the sites alongside the then A74 in Lockerbie town and at Tundergarth just north of the flat topped hill Burnswark after leaving Ecclefechan. I had business connections with some who were killed and knew other residents involved in haulage, coach operation and farming who were badly affected by this in various ways. Had the blast been about 2 minutes earlier it could have happened over my home town as it is on the broader regular flight path dependant on the aircraft’s final destination I was driving a coach along the B5302 from MK6 Jct 41 towards Wigton and had I known at the time would have seen the blaze if I looked over the Solway Plain from the higher points along the road.
My photograph taken from the ■■■■■■■■ side of the Solway on a good clear day the caption indicates the approximate position of the nose cone.

Leyland 600.

Leyland600:
Let us all spare a thought for all those folks caught up in the PAN AM 103 Lockerbie disaster which occurred 30 years ago today, I am sure we have all passed by the sites alongside the then A74 in Lockerbie town and at Tundergarth just north of the flat topped hill Burnswark after leaving Ecclefechan. I had business connections with some who were killed and knew other residents involved in haulage, coach operation and farming who were badly affected by this in various ways. Had the blast been about 2 minutes earlier it could have happened over my home town as it is on the broader regular flight path dependant on the aircraft’s final destination I was driving a coach along the B5302 from MK6 Jct 41 towards Wigton and had I known at the time would have seen the blaze if I looked over the Solway Plain from the higher points along the road.
My photograph taken from the ■■■■■■■■ side of the Solway on a good clear day the caption indicates the approximate position of the nose cone.

Leyland 600.

I remember that day well. A real tragedy for so many innocent people.

A bit scary to think that it is already 30 years ago.

Regards
Johnny

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Thanks to Leyland 600 for the pics :smiley: and others for the Greetings :smiley: and to Ray, the front bar you mention was referred to a “boxing” bar up our way in Scotalnd if I remember rightly, front pushing a drag was fairly common in tight spots. On car delivery from Cowley we did a regular drop in York with a wagon and drag, most awkward place ever, down a dead end narrow street to car pound, manhandling the empty trailer into an entrance, then a few shunts with the wagon. It was then back to Nottingham, park in the cattle market, digs in London Road, up town to Yates Wine Lodge, fish and chips on the way back to the digs, oh that I could live that again magic :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Greetings,Oily.
Would the digs you mention be Ted’s? We used it quite a lot at VP Wines.Halcyon Days,opposite the Cattle Market.Regards,900x20. :smiley: :grimacing:

900X20:
Greetings,Oily.
Would the digs you mention be Ted’s? We used it quite a lot at VP Wines.Halcyon Days,opposite the Cattle Market.Regards,900x20. :smiley: :grimacing:

Hi 900X20, can’t remember the name, I doubt if it was Ted’s, our landlady looked after us pretty well, a meal on arrival, also a bedtime snack and drink, a shout at six for breakfast, there were one or two digs houses in London Road, this was '64/'65.
Oily

Seddon.

And for the man who prefers his stowaways shaken rather than stirred…

Nearly every truck coming out of the docks has this lean going on,from my own experience it’s trying to a good head of steam going for the hill

An AEC lorry of Tattersall & Hindle of Accrington, seen here in Water Street in Liverpool
in either the 1920s or early 1930s. The registration number is Lancaashire County Council.