Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

hi oiltreader and jsutherland yes she got bit more bhp than volvo the company just getting 5 new model volvos real nice truck will post few pics when get near them still a volvo fan . :smiley:

stevejones:
hi oiltreader and jsutherland yes she got bit more bhp than volvo the company just getting 5 new model volvos real nice truck will post few pics when get near them still a volvo fan . :smiley:

Looks a nice outfit Steve,what gross weight can it run at?

well chris canada upto 50 ton basically but gross running into usa is only 80.000ibs some exceptions on that but 99per cent you only allowed 40ton gross

stevejones:
well chris canada upto 50 ton basically but gross running into usa is only 80.000ibs some exceptions on that but 99per cent you only allowed 40ton gross

Thanks Steve. Does that just apply to a five axled artic? Do you run double bottom outfits in Canada and would the gross be higher than 50 tons?
I know the separate states in US can be a pain with different weights allowed,I was told California was the worst.

yes they run doubles in canada m8 the norm here /usa is the 3axle unit and tandem axle trls the trl axles move .all usa states basically same weights but california is bit hard on truckers and lowest sped limit on interstates at 50/55 mph alwaya happy to get out of the state :smiley:

yes they run doubles in canada m8 the norm here /usa is the 3axle unit and tandem axle trls the trl axles move .all usa states basically same weights but california is bit hard on truckers and lowest sped limit on interstates at 50/55 mph alwaya happy to get out of the state :smiley:

This German artic looks like a containerised removal lorry. It was parked on the beach
at Mojacar, Spain, September 2018. Just to the rear of the lorry is Kontiki Restaurant.
From the late 1970s, and for many years thereafter, the restaurant was owned and run
by Gordon Goody (RIP), the last of the “Great Train Robbers” of 1963. He lived the last
few years of his life in the little village of Bedar.

Ray Smyth.

Thanks to rastone, 1970commer and RaySmyth for the pics.
Oily.

Couple from south of the border on the A9 at Nth Kessock last week.

OT 43594588870_373194935d_o.jpg

Stadium Road Inverness on dashcam.
Oily

Saw quite a few Volvo F12s still working on the Greek Islands last couple of weeks

Including this mint one on Mykonos

And one with a bit of tin worm on Kythnos - sounded good though setting off uphill

1970commer:

rastone:
A few certificates of the past

Bloody hell Tony, you’ve got more certificates than most of the " VEHICLE TECHNICIANS " of today, not sure about some of the dodgy looking geezers in the photos though, I thought you would have tried to out dress the tall bloke in the check sports jacket, I suppose that’s still high fashion in Uttoxeter though!!!

One thing for sure, I bet Vic in the stores would know all those parts on the table in front of you without looking in a book for the number.

My first boss wasn’t too bothered about certificates, he just wanted to know that you could fix something like this & have it back on the road for next morning, no matter what time the job came in, he was the best boss I had though, oh wait, he was the only boss I had!!!

Hope you’re keeping well my friend.

Good to hear from you Rob.Yes I’m alright but had a fall on Sunday so hurting a bit, but the last certificate I had ( I think it was the last load of ■■■■■■■■ ) was that I had passed out to be a Truck Consultant so if you want a consultation you must make an appointment at the Royal Derby !!!

Tony

Thanks to whisperingsmith and Lawrence Dunbar for the pics :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

LAD cabbed Leyland Retrievers, bit of a rarity compared to the Albion version.

Leyland Retriever 1965 maltabuses20111025124634-aa6e4443-me maltabuses.jpg

I worked on/under them as a spotty yoof but never saw a Leyland Retriever. I was working for London Carriers at the time on comets and Steers.

A rather fine-looking Transcon! Robert

whisperingsmith:
Saw quite a few Volvo F12s still working on the Greek Islands last couple of weeks

Including this mint one on Mykonos

Great photos “whisperingsmith” :wink:

Tidy Volvo G88 and F88.

Vv

ERF-NGC-European:
A rather fine-looking Transcon! Robert

I know I’m a bit biased but they wouldn’t out of place today on the roads

LUPIN SHOW 5 2003.JPG

LUPIN SHOW 3 2003.JPG