Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Any one for a bit of ready mix ? Buzzer

coomsey:
New one on me. Fil King pic

Hi coomsey, Yorkshire Steam Patent Company’s move to diesel power.
Oily

Ste46:
Sorry, no pics - I hadn’t got my phone - and its about a car, but just thought it a bit newsworthy; I’ve just seen a Tesla on the road! I was beginning to think they were a figment of someone’s imagination!

Steve

Hi Steve, 2 years ago at Abington Services.
Oily

Tesla 29352779424_31173bac1b_o.jpg

Ste46:
Sorry, no pics - I hadn’t got my phone - and its about a car, but just thought it a bit newsworthy; I’ve just seen a Tesla on the road! I was beginning to think they were a figment of someone’s imagination!

Steve

There are a few about. There was one parked in the street in Hong Kong on last nights episode of ‘Strangers’ with John Simm.
I have seen at least 2 down here in Burnham on Sea.

I’d rather have this, snapped recently in Dingwall.
Oily

Thanks to ERF-NGC-European, coomsey and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
Oily
For Scania dreamers :sunglasses:

image.jpeg
Just caught the back of this going past ,the steamer not the polo :laughing:

image.jpeg
Delivering 20 tonnes of Asphalt

Thanks to Punchy Dan for the pics :smiley: I can remember the steamers working, traction engine driven threshing mills and the county council road rollers, that was before my first pair of long trousers :laughing:
Oily

Steamers with bling

.Foden C or D-Type Overtype Compound 4x2 Steam Tractor,Engine No.11444, VA 2519,HIELAN LADDIE - RELIANCE,Lanark,June 1924.G.Barwick,Aberdeen. Graham Robertson,OilTreader.1#.jpg

.Foden C-Type Overtype Compound 4x2 Steam Tractor,Engine No.13156,UR 1328,MERLIN,Hertford,9-1928,William Nicol.Rebuilt from Foden Rigid 6-Wheeler Steam Lorry,13156. Graham Robertson,OilTreader.1#.jpg

Hino 1978.

DEANB:
Hino 1978.

Cracking pic Dean but according to form they were a bag o muck!

FB_IMG_1537859037332.jpg
VALKYRIE Where art thou?

back on the circut after 2mths of 1st trip for these guys from pei to s.carolina/atlanta/mississipi/tennesse toronto then back east to pei volvo ran well 2017 but getting brand new 1 in 2 wks

still got the ol cotton fields just outside tupelo mississipi

Thanks to stevejones for the pics :smiley: you cover some ground Steve, looking forward to pics of the new machine :slight_smile:
Oily

This string coming off the ferry from the mainland at Lochmaddy, North Uist back in June.

tks oiltreader get them up soon as i get her cant complain this ones only 12 mths old :smiley:

stevejones:
still got the ol cotton fields just outside tupelo mississipi

Any sign of Elvis Steve,he was born in Tupelo. :laughing:

Was he the “Tupelo, Mississippi Flash” by any chance?

hi to the elvis guys i 1st went to gracelands as a tourist on my own elvis week 1997 never thinking id be living in canada travelling all of the usa did visit house in tupelo then and had photo sitting on the swing seat on porch. spent elvis week in memphis last year got load down there the bos let me park truck me and the doris went in hotel in memphis enjoyed as always been there many times /his nickname early on was the memphis flash its tattoed on my arm lol :smiley:

stevejones:
hi to the elvis guys i 1st went to gracelands as a tourist on my own elvis week 1997 never thinking id be living in canada travelling all of the usa did visit house in tupelo then and had photo sitting on the swing seat on porch. spent elvis week in memphis last year got load down there the bos let me park truck me and the doris went in hotel in memphis enjoyed as always been there many times /his nickname early on was the memphis flash its tattoed on my arm lol :smiley:

I only likrd Elvis in his early rackabilly & rock ‘n’ roll years. The later stuff did nothing for me. (I’d have been upset if I had a tattoo in the 1950s!)