Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

cav551:
It is an AEC Mogul.

google.com/search?q=AEC+mog … AeQ88v9iMM:

Thanks to Leyland 600, servo88 and Froggy55 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:…a couple more Moguls.
Oily

Another AEC with rare cab.
Oily

AEC Tudor Barker cc by nc sa 2.0 4030533456_36620cccfc_tb o.jpg

Leyland600:
Hi Oily, H D Fraser have used that unique but apt logo on the front of their wagons for as long as I can remember, they always looked good to.These days an M series ERF reminds folk of a well known Black Isle haulier owned by Hamish Fraser (no relation apparently) from Inverness seen here taking part in the Tain Vintage Rally in 2017.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Aye, they go back quite a bit.
Oily

oiltreader:

cav551:
It is an AEC Mogul.

google.com/search?q=AEC+mog … AeQ88v9iMM:

Thanks to Leyland 600, servo88 and Froggy55 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:…a couple more Moguls.
Oily

I know that bottom Mogul, but it didn’t look like that when I used it. Borrowed it to move my Albion from Iver to Peterborough at short notice when the engine was in bits. Yes, it’s the same motor.
Bernard

Thanks to all of you, and I must apologize for tis unforgivable mistake! The Bolton Mogul’s cab looks as if it had been borrowed from a Mammoth Major Mk III. I confess I do prefer the Dutch cab cell.

The Mogul’s bonnet, finely designed, looks like a shark’s nose, even if it’s not round shaped like the Willème’s. An interesting discovery!

oiltreader:
Thanks to Punchy Dan for the pic :smiley: this could apply to you Dan.
Oily

:laughing: yes you could say that’s me ,I wouldn’t want to steal thier slogan though :open_mouth:

Richardsons advert from 1973.

Is that lass wearing a wedding dress…? :open_mouth:

Found a shoe box with the following… Might jog some memories… :wink:

Cheers, Patrick

Thanks to DEANB and pv83 for the pics, :smiley: :smiley: fine lot there Patrick, an up to date McCulla.
Oily

Richard 29826889547_a541b8d1b5 rs_k.jpg

Thanks for posting this picture (re-posted below) PV83! I drove it in Harrier Express colours to Turkey and back 23 years ago. It was an early 112 with the old 305 lump in it. Robert

gb%20112m.jpg

pv83:

What’s with all these Scania’s Whips, has Johnny finally converted you?
Good set of pic’s by the way, Thanks for posting them, Pete

FB_IMG_1537859037332.jpg
New one on me. Fil King pic

oiltreader:
Thanks to DEANB and pv83 for the pics, :smiley: :smiley: fine lot there Patrick, an up to date McCulla.
Oily

Cheers Oily, I’d rather have the old style wagon though :wink:

pete smith:

pv83:

What’s with all these Scania’s Whips, has Johnny finally converted you?
Good set of pic’s by the way, Thanks for posting them, Pete

No worries mate, my pleasure.

Nah, always liked the older models Pete, my first miles aboard a lorry was in a 112, still got fond memories of that.
Last proper Scanny I’ve driven was a 124, owt that came out after that is the IKEA equivalent of a mobile bog…

ERF-NGC-European:
Thanks for posting this picture (re-posted below) PV83! I drove it in Harrier Express colours to Turkey and back 23 years ago. It was an early 112 with the old 305 lump in it. Robert

No worries Robert, was hoping someone recognised some of the motors like :wink:
That 305 lump was the non-intercooler version if I remember correctly…?
How did it perform on that journey?

Cheers, Patrick

Sorry, no pics - I hadn’t got my phone - and its about a car, but just thought it a bit newsworthy; I’ve just seen a Tesla on the road! I was beginning to think they were a figment of someone’s imagination!

Steve

pv83:

ERF-NGC-European:

No worries Robert, was hoping someone recognised some of the motors like :wink:
That 305 lump was the non-intercooler version if I remember correctly…?
How did it perform on that journey?

Cheers, Patrick

Yes that’s right, Patrick. She was heavy going both ways but plodded along quite happily. No limiter of course so she could catch up on the straight where necessary. :wink: . Chees, Robert