Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

DEANB:
An odd one !

That’s one ugly motor Dean! Would take a few Pedis afore I could fancy it :smiley:

Thanks to DEANB for the pic :smiley: there were a few different attempts in the States back in the 40s and 50s at twin engined trucks, gen on the truck in the pic here theoldmotor.com/?p=130391
Oily

Hi all I can remember having a Cobra CB radio back in the day when I drove and I bet a lot on here did too, some times if the skip as it was called was right you could talk to someone hundreds of miles away but was good for banter when running with other drivers and also useful to alert for coppers and dangers on the road ahead, Buzzer.

oiltreader:
Thanks to DEANB for the pic :smiley: there were a few different attempts in the States back in the 40s and 50s at twin engined trucks, gen on the truck in the pic here theoldmotor.com/?p=130391
Oily

Bit better looking Oily, some clever engineering in there but must have been a mechanics nightmare

Buzzer:
Hi all I can remember having a Cobra CB radio back in the day when I drove and I bet a lot on here did too, some times if the skip as it was called was right you could talk to someone hundreds of miles away but was good for banter when running with other drivers and also useful to alert for coppers and dangers on the road ahead, Buzzer.

Never had a Cobra - mine was a Maxcom 4E cranked up (strictly illegally) to 14 watts. Really cracked out well and with the twig mounted on top of a 40 foot stainless steel tank the reception was brilliant!

Steve

I had a Cobra 40-channel with +40 highs and +40 lows. Had it tweaked to around 15 watts and ran it through a 10 watt booster. It really suited the lorry- 290 F88!

coomsey:

DEANB:
An odd one !

That’s one ugly motor Dean! Would take a few Pedis afore I could fancy it :smiley:

I’d need a stairlift to get mounted :cry:

grumpy old man:

coomsey:

DEANB:
An odd one !

I’d need a stairlift to get mounted :cry:

I’d need a splint or a brush stale up me rrse :laughing:

Thanks to Buzzer for the pic :smiley: who’s going to volunteer with a few “handles”, don’t be shy :laughing:

Derbyshire wagons.
Oily

Derbys Richard 32820410540_011580a69f rs _k.jpg

Derbys cc by sa 2.0 hefin owen 9699828754_e146b0b1bf_ho k.jpg

The Pheaseys Dodge is owned by a clubmates son, his dad drove on distance work for many years with Pheaseys from Maudsley times until they finished and lived in one of the companies houses on the A6. When Nigel originally restored it he painted it in B.J Waters livery, that is his dads old petrol/tvo Nuffield on the trailer that he originally used to tow a thrashing set on contract work around the Peaks with!

Pete.

A group of three pictures today from FB, Buzzer.

22851958_10155817807532380_7964535800737632441_n.jpg

22688887_10155817802047380_4536099234564977206_n.jpg

Thanks to windrush for the info and Buzzer for pics :smiley: :smiley: the Wests’ of Dunfermline Albion at a rough guess has approx 17+ tons of cwt bags of tatties on, handballing on/off, the good old days :unamused:
Oily

Hi Oily, Those bags on David West’s Albion have a good chance of being seed tattie destined for the south. Can you remember the colourful livery that West’s had ?
Cheers, Leyland 600

image.jpegA hot pot being loaded .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Leyland600:
Hi Oily, Those bags on David West’s Albion have a good chance of being seed tattie destined for the south. Can you remember the colourful livery that West’s had ?
Cheers, Leyland 600

Yes Leyland600 and a popular workhorse of the day in this photo.
Oily

oiltreader:

Leyland600:
Cheers, Leyland 600

Yes Leyland600 and a popular workhorse of the day in this photo.
Oily

Classic Scots livery oily.
Bernard

Todays from FB Buzzer.

Still working

Ade