Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

stevejones:

Thanks for the pictures Stevejones.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tks js last one was bit tight done me best tho :slight_smile:

stay clear off this area at all times if poss the cross bronx new york only chance of clear run is about 3am

anyone running south down the i95 to florida will recognise this place called south of the border

Thanks to stevejones for the pics :smiley:

Lincs. lorries.
Oily

Identity fun.
Oily

Anybody got photos of Duron Brake linings

Tony

rastone:

Tony

Found a couple of adverts Tony.
Oily

Leigh delamere

Leigh Delamere.JPG

12079242_10206147135650047_6476571454438389716_n.jpg

Lenham Storage

Lenham Storage (1).JPG

Lenham Storage (2).JPG
Ade

oiltreader:

rastone:

Tony

Oily

Thanks for that Oily.I think they were part of Ferodo weren’t they.I sold them a couple of Cargo’s.If I reply to this I will remember who I dealt with.I think it was a chap called Lomas.Down to earth Buxton lad.Wonder if he was related to ■■■■ Lomas at Staveley who was or is ( I hope) who was an excellent chap.It seemed to me that at Staveley that generally the chaps in the garage were made up to be managers.First bloke I dealt with was Geof Allen who moved to Hansons.He Had a brother Terry who had a building firm down Lightwood road.That spelling is wrong I think
Tony

Here are a few pictures of a meeting at Mick Corbishley’s today

Tony

IMGP0344.JPG

IMGP0340.JPG

IMGP0341.JPG

IMGP0342.JPG

IMGP0330.JPG

IMGP0331.JPG

pv83:

The Preston wrecker belongs to Coach operator Ken Wilkinson from South Shields. Taken in Tyne Dock? It’s not often you can get a shot of that motor without it being surrounded by Ken’ s fleet , it’s also usually partly covered with a sheet. Regards Kev.

Hi Kev, the wrecker is an ex Preston Corporation (now Preston Bus) (now Rotella) Leyland Titan PD3 with Metro Cammell Weymann, Orion double deck bodywork.
Cheers Leyland 600.

Thanks to lurpak, pv83 and rastone for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A96 at Inverness.
Oily

pv83:

I guess the yellow rescue truck is based on a shortened Leyland double-decker chassis? Certainly o lot of work done there!

oiltreader:

rastone:

Tony

Oily

In the first photo Duron was an independent company , their factory was situated where the Springs shopping precinct now stands . They merged with Ferodo in the late 70s and the works was closed soon after and relocated to the Ashbourne road site ( now long gone ) . I can remember trialling their early non asbestos linings at Ernie Steads, it took a while until they got them right , the early attempts wore the drums badly . Ernie didn’t mind though as everything was free to him including the new drums . Dave

An odd one !

unusualusa1.PNG

rigsby:

oiltreader:

rastone:

Tony

Oily

In the first photo Duron was an independent company , their factory was situated where the Springs shopping precinct now stands . They merged with Ferodo in the late 70s and the works was closed soon after and relocated to the Ashbourne road site ( now long gone ) . I can remember trialling their early non asbestos linings at Ernie Steads, it took a while until they got them right , the early attempts wore the drums badly . Ernie didn’t mind though as everything was free to him including the new drums . Dave

Dave

Thanks for that info.I do remember the factory at the Springs.I did my deals at Ashbourne road.Quite a nice location.Wasn’t there a garden place up there or perhaps I’ve got that wrong.
Not been up that way for a long long time.Probably won’t recognise the place.

Tony