Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Leyland600:
Aye Dennis , he would have an ex Scottish Bus Group (WSMT, Alexanders or Easterm Scottish) tunic purchased from a wee shop in Lockerbie for about 7/6d hinging on the back of the cab, no Scottish professional driver had to be seen without one with blue, red or green piping and his beuts would be weel polished especially if coming doon the road on a Sunday which dozens of them did. Norman D and I as teenagers used to ride out to The Moss Cafe or the Astra on a Sunday afternoon to see those quality motors with excellent liveries. Great days. Willie Nichol keeps up the tradition he has had this livery which was his former employers since 1967 or even earlier I know from personal contact back then.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

aye iirc P .C .Smail (spelling) from lochmaben was who WN worked for just along the road where I was brought up ,intae lochmaben from the Lockerbie side just by the church up the wee road was PCs depot …or is my memory going. :question:

Three of A.Stevens & Co. don’t know if the man standing is a Stevens or not, any ideas chaps. cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Three of A.Stevens & Co. don’t know if the man standing is a Stevens or not, any ideas chaps. cheers Buzzer.

Great photos “Buzzer”, Thanks for posting them, Regards Larry.

Hi backsplice, Well it could be you, many of Allisons were suitably attired, professional drivers remember taking a pride in their job. Not like the T shirt and trainer brigade of some these days.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Yes Jim thats is correct, I recall Willie with Smails LAD cabbed Albion Chieftain and myself hauling Shell Star fertiliser out of J.W.Watt’s Old London Road Goods Depot circa 1967 for Border Counties Farmers I think to various farms around Annan and Canonbie areas. I often see him at rallys etc these days.
Cheers , Leylad 600

lurpak:
Been a bit busy today waiting for this to go over
That’s miles not kms

Buzzer I think we will have to remortgage the house,not sure about the seat either :smiley:
Ade

Wow! When you’re a gear jammer boy, there ain’t no easy runs!

John.

Buzzer:

Great photo’s Buzzer the man in first picture is Mr Foster who owned and ran Stevens he passed on to his son John who ran company until they packed up. They ran mostly steel out of BSC Teesside and were quite forward thinking in transporting the longer stuff. The Leyland had a pole trailer usually attached they also had a Scammell eight wheeler set up the same . My uncle and friends drove for them at times and I did a lot of long load mate duties. Also when I was fitting used to help out on Saturdays with servicing etc.

8ledder.jpg

Buzzer:
Too old now but what price to own one of theses today, love it Buzzer.

‘I could have told you Vincent, this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.’

Love it too

John.

Well here are a few more oldies, a couple of Siddel.C.Cook & a tidy Chinese six Atki but don’t know who’s, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Well here are a few more oldies, a couple of Siddel.C.Cook & a tidy Chinese six Atki but don’t know who’s, Buzzer.

Its a Northern Ireland Trailers motor From Preston IMO, Regards Larry.

first time with brand new crane .

Punchy Dan:
0first time with brand new crane .

Great photo there Dan , It sure looks the biz, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Punchy Dan:
0first time with brand new crane .

Great photo there Dan , It sure looks the biz, Regards Larry.

Cheers Larry

image.jpegjust got to sell this one now

Lawrence Dunbar:

Buzzer:

Its a Northern Ireland Trailers motor From Preston IMO, Regards Larry.

Your spot on Larry it was a “NIT"s” and is the same spec as the 6 Atkis Brady’s replaced the cancelled order of AEC Mamoth Minors with. The Big’un a.k.a. Bob Brady always bought in 6’s, apparently ( and he regaled me on a number of occasions on how he dealt :wink: ) he would drive a reet 'ard bargain for one unit or trailer and when the deal was agreed he would just say " Well Son ( he called everybody Son) I’ll have a deal but I want 6 !) he was a ■■■■■■■ Star ! His younger brother jack often told me " Look Dennis you and me might think we had done the best deal ever but that “jammy” bugger" could come out with another few quid less than we had agreed" “I know because he has proved it time and again” . But it was Jack that built up and drove actual business forward and “The Bigun” always backed “Our Kid” to the hilt so they were a Great team until the mid 70’s when they finally fell out and were at “loggerheads” and I know because I got into the middle of it ! Jack wanted to amalgamate our respective operations and for me to take over from him but “The Bigun” wouldn’t have any of it ! Not that he didn’t like me he just didn’t want to know and the way their shares were distributed among the family Jack only had 45% so the deal never got off the ground which in the event maybe was just as well but it came close ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Another three from Scotland for Oily, cheers Buzzer

Last lot from the M5/A30

Ade

A couple of Cranes for Leyland600 Falmouth Docks

Falmouth (151).JPG
Ade

17/18th June 2017,

P1010009.JPG

Cheers Malc.

Ramparts layby Simpsons Docks 028.JPG

Ramparts layby Simpsons Docks 030.JPG
Ramparts layby Simpsons Docks 042.JPG