Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Hi Oily, Yes it certainly is the same concern with a branch of the family living in my part of the world and involved with timber amongst other enterprises. A lad I knew drove an identical Foden or maybe it was this one for Wards back in the 1960s based locally. I remember seeing it parked up in the village he lived in. He became a well known low loader driver for Fred Brown of Thursby but sadly has now passed on a few years ago now. I have similar photos of the ones posted here taken at the annual Tyne Tees Rally Bents Park South Shields after a road run from Stockton.
Cheers, Leyland 600

IMG_9407.JPG

The" Daily Post & Liverpool Echo" building in Liverpool,late 1930s.
Picture 1. The street away to the left is Victoria Street, and to the
right is Crosshall Street,with the “Echo Vans” backed up to the kerb.

Picture 2. I think that the 30cwt vans were Morris, if they are not,
I am sure someone with better knowledge than me will know.
The van with Reg.No. CLV 250 will date from 1937, My Dad had a Ford
8HP “Y” model, Reg.No. CLV 415, which I know was made in that year.
The tramlines in the picture were there until well into the 1950s.
Pictures courtesy of Dave/xkopite,Trucknet Member.

Regards, Ray Smyth.

Liverpool Echo.jpg

nice to get of interstate in usa sometimes back roads of south georgia and 2nd best peaches after the italians of course

and not all chrome and shine gotta take your hat of to this guy running rnd new york on way home to florida 90deg no air con remember running s.italy/greece/spain without it oh what days :smiley:

DSCF0152.JPG

the new tappanzee bridge over hudson nearly finishe

DSCF0151.JPG

Greetings,All.
In the photo with the Yellow transporter,I’ve never seen a fifth wheel coupling like that one.Also,would the unit be an old one without front brakes? Regards,900x20. :question:

and this was in shower room in pilot t.stop cordele s.georgia this morning nice to be appreciated sometimes wont get this in what they call t.stops in europe anymore

900x20 yes it would be unless he upgraded her but looking at the ol girl i think not talked to the ol guy briefly on cb ol guy happy as could be all he wanted to do was talk about uk lol wish id had time to pull over for chat

Few for today from North ‘o’ the border, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Few for today from North ‘o’ the border, Buzzer.

Typical Scotsman at the wheel of that Pollock Atki ! Collar and tie and “bib and brace” overalls ! :wink: and I believe that Atki had a RR engine. But I stand corrected but Pollocks did run a number of RR engine Atkis IIRC. Cheers Dennis.

Park in Kings Lynn last Thursday night, just had to stop and snap it.

Who remembers this of there school days, I do especially when milk monitor and in the winter standing all the 1/3 pint bottles round the coke fire heater, after teacher removed the guard, Buzzer.

1660854_10152046518243884_1361104063_n.jpg

Some more from the M5/A30 Ray Smith

M5  A30 (16).JPG

Ade

Aye Dennis , he would have an ex Scottish Bus Group (WSMT, Alexanders or Easterm Scottish) tunic purchased from a wee shop in Lockerbie for about 7/6d hinging on the back of the cab, no Scottish professional driver had to be seen without one with blue, red or green piping and his beuts would be weel polished especially if coming doon the road on a Sunday which dozens of them did. Norman D and I as teenagers used to ride out to The Moss Cafe or the Astra on a Sunday afternoon to see those quality motors with excellent liveries. Great days. Willie Nichol keeps up the tradition he has had this livery which was his former employers since 1967 or even earlier I know from personal contact back then.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Leyland 600 was that me you,re describing ■■? the leather cuffs on the bus drivers jacket stopped fraying

Saw this last week while up North (Darwin)

DSC05999.JPG

Aussi.

aussia.jpg

Buzzer:
Who remembers this of there school days, I do especially when milk monitor and in the winter standing all the 1/3 pint bottles round the coke fire heater, after teacher removed the guard, Buzzer.

Hi John, I remember the 1/3pint school milk bottles very well. The main supplier where I grew up
in Liverpool was Hansons Dairies,at Edge Lane,and Long Lane. They were part of Unigate Dairies,and I
expect there are Unigate lorries here on Trucknet. My Dad was a Co-op Milk driver, Have a look at
Greenbanks Dairies,Liverpool, here on “Old Time Lorries”. You mentioned “Milk Monitors”, I bet
that Ex Choirboy, and Goody 2 Shoes Tony Mapson was a Milk Monitor !!! Regards, Ray Smyth.

Ray Smyth:

Buzzer:

Hi John, I remember the 1/3pint school milk bottles very well. The main supplier where I grew up
in Liverpool was Hansons Dairies,at Edge Lane,and Long Lane. They were part of Unigate Dairies,and I
expect there are Unigate lorries here on Trucknet. My Dad was a Co-op Milk driver, Have a look at
Greenbanks Dairies,Liverpool, here on “Old Time Lorries”. You mentioned “Milk Monitors”, I bet
that Ex Choirboy, and Goody 2 Shoes Tony Mapson was a Milk Monitor !!! Regards, Ray Smyth.

Ray we had to stand em round the upright coke heater not just to warm them up but sometimes to thaw them out and the blue ■■■■ used to peck hell out of the foil lids too, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

Unfortunately I remember, especially when the teacher made me bring in the crate. A third of a pint x 32 bottles, which is over 10 pints. I was only 6 years old!! Usually we drunk the milk with a penny biscuit.