Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Dirty Dan:
So finaly our new truck is on the road. FH 550 doubbel drive with Volvos new lift tag,and a VANG trailer 4m extend and hydralic adjustebal from 250 to 310cm.

Danne

Lovely looking vehicle, how does the double drive operate with a lift axle fitted?

Thanks Dave.

Hi! Its abit to early to say but i think must be great in our typ of work! I will keep you updated :smiley:

Danne

I am currently in San Diego and saw this earlier today. One of the guys lying underneath was the Driver and was still wearing his gun.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

More scope for a little imagination in the '70s. Just ‘brick up’ the hole where you ripped out the fridge motor and bung the spare wheel in front of the radiator. Robert

If there’s a Gardner in that thing, the spare wheel would have been an innovative way to blank off part of the rad for the winter. :unamused: :wink:

robert1952:
More scope for a little imagination in the '70s. Just ‘brick up’ the hole where you ripped out the fridge motor and bung the spare wheel in front of the radiator. Robert

One thing is certain, I could not lift that wheel onto its mounting bracket…and he’d be a good man to get it off the bracket. :grimacing:

Retired Old ■■■■:
If there’s a Gardner in that thing, the spare wheel would have been an innovative way to blank off part of the rad for the winter. :unamused: :wink:

It’s got a ■■■■■■■ badge on the rad R.O.F. Regards Kev.

Thanks to Tyneside and robert1952 for the pics. :smiley: :smiley:

Came across this when looking at some Dutch wagons, taken in Holland I guess, tho’ from Moray.
Oily

CIMG3479.JPG
CIMG3483.JPG
CIMG3486.JPG
CIMG3487.JPG

A few from an old stable

Here you go Oily …one from the distant past …Found by accident while looking for something totally different !!
for "auld lang syne "

13943410980_a16d575b02.jpg

backsplice:
Here you go Oily …one from the distant past …Found by accident while looking for something totally different !!
for "auld lang syne "

And for you young fellas THAT it what it’s like getting an 8 wheeler WITHOUT POWER STEERING round a corner. Leyland Octopus…for real men :smiley:

A wonderful picture.=.

A couple from the other morning on the M5/42 not the best

Ade

Thanks to servo88, coca cola kid, backsplice and lurpak for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Robert Summers of Buckhaven, Fife with thanks to eastleighbusman.
Oily

I remember the Sam Anderson wagons, all hours on the A6, mostly steel from Motherwell heading south and not unusual piggy backing going north, wasn’t aware they were still going, but hey, Inverness recently, with the livery not too far removed from the original…
Oily

CIMG6028.JPG
CIMG6031.JPG
CIMG6026.JPG

A blast from the past from FB, Buzzer.

Here is one i did some time ago.

Danne

Thanks to servo88, Dirty Dan and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Couple more euro heavy haul.
Oily

French 26637379934_0292e24603_k.jpg