Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

peterm:
I used to work for a bloke in south London (Balham) by the name of Tom Biss. Jags were the only make we worked on and he had an XK150.

I took it out to get spares :open_mouth: :open_mouth: It went like [zb] off a shovel. It had the 4.2 engine that had been well and truly ‘tuned.’ A lovely ride if you didn’t mind your bloody bones rattling.

Yeah mate, just like the blokes pining for B model Macks and R 190s with a 5x3. The only reason we put up with them was because we knew no better.

Buzzer

A Few Heavy’s

may 09 020.jpg

Ade

Buzzer, two class pictures :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Buzzer:

Is that The Devil’s Marbles? Been past them but blowed if I can remember details that far back. :unamused: Smart wagons though. :smiley:

Just realised, 2 A-triples, I thought they were history these days. Wonder how old the pictures are. :question:

Thanks to Kempston, kevmac47, mizzo, mushroomman, Buzzer and lurpak for the photos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The mizzo Helmsdale photo looks like it could have Rapson connections.

Tennant Atkinson this years Highland Road Run.
Oily

On the A82 at Tyndrum April '23 roped not a strap in sight.
Oily

You are spot on again Spardo :smiley: it is The Devil’s Marbles on The Stuart Highway, in the Northern Territory’s.

earth.google.com/web/search/Dev … M5b3JREAIA

About 70 miles south on that road is Barrow Creek near where Peter Falconio, a young back packer from Huddersfield disappeared in 2001.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Peter_Falconio

Twenty years ago, a motorhome club that we belonged to had a competition asking for amusing photos from one of the members trips. The first prize were two top of the range sun loungers. The Mushroomlady sent this photo in and we won. We must have been the only people to have entered the competition. :slight_smile:

DEVIL'S MARBLES.NORTHERN TERRITORY..jpeg

222640478_4265982123455705_2520598735609629502_n.jpg

Credit to Peter Schöler for the photos.
Oily

Spardo:

Buzzer:

Is that The Devil’s Marbles? Been past them but blowed if I can remember details that far back. :unamused: Smart wagons though. :smiley:

Just realised, 2 A-triples, I thought they were history these days. Wonder how old the pictures are. :question:

Yep, The Devil’s Marbles and triples are still alive and well.

mushroomman:
You are spot on again Spardo :smiley: it is The Devil’s Marbles on The Stuart Highway, in the Northern Territory’s.

Great photo and you deserved to win. Info here:-

northernterritory.com/tennant-c … on-reserve

@SDU

Yep, The Devil’s Marbles and triples are still alive and well.

I knew triples were alive and well, just not complete A-triples. Not sure B-triples were invented when I was there but seems to me that As had a big advantage with less cut in if needing to go into or pass through an urban area. In the same way that a traditional A-frame wagon and drag has less cut in than an artic.

Suedehead:

The name on the AEC unit is FRIDGED FREIGHT, but the name on the trailer is
FRIDGE FREIGHT, I think the AEC signage is correct, but I may be wrong. :confused: :smiley:

Ray.

Ray Smyth:

Suedehead:

FRIDGE FREIGHT, I think the AEC signage is correct, but I may be wrong. :confused: :smiley:

Ray.

I agree Ray, if true a real blunder by someone. :unamused:
Possible legal ramifications for a limited company too. :slight_smile:

Ray Smyth:

Suedehead:

Ray.

Found these on t’internet. Looks as though the trailer was wrong.

Buzzer

Dennis Javelin:

Ray Smyth:

Suedehead:

Ray.

Found these on t’internet. Looks as though the trailer was wrong.

Must admit to not noticing that when i posted the pic. The wagon + drag looks like it would weigh a fortnight empty

oiltreader:
Thanks to Kempston, kevmac47, mizzo, mushroomman, Buzzer and lurpak for the photos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The mizzo Helmsdale photo looks like it could have Rapson connections.

Tennant Atkinson this years Highland Road Run.
Oily

The Leyland Martian was parked opposite LSH Transport on Shore Street Oily, no doubt retired now the ‘Braes’ are by-passed, regards, Mizzo.

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

ALICE SPRINGS 83

I wonder if the tractor is a subbie with no signwriting. I remember when I was there, 10 years or so before that a former driver turned up with his own tractor. It was a cabover sleeper like that and so unusual that everyone was crowding round to see it.