Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Anyone know anything about this firm? Irish I think? Just delivered a couple of parcels to the new bungalow opposite me, big vehicle for delivering parcels!

8DEE722D-8396-44CE-8D4C-7A13118BE3D0.jpeg

Took these today at “The Sill”, rest and info area on the Military road alongside Hadrians Wall
in Northumberland. There must have been a Morgan Rally going in the area as I saw a few more a bit further along the road. They all sounded great as they pulled away. Regards Kev.

Oops! Don’t know how I’ve got them all the wrong way up?

Kempston:
Anyone know anything about this firm? Irish I think? Just delivered a couple of parcels to the new bungalow opposite me, big vehicle for delivering parcels!

This Scania artic is from Annaghmore in County Antrim, Northern Ireland.

Cheers, Ray.

Just had a week touring Scotland on the motorbike with my brother, last thursday we stopped in Helmsdale, had a wander about after tea and found this old beauty having a rest.

kevmac47:
Took these today at “The Sill”, rest and info area on the Military road alongside Hadrians Wall
in Northumberland. There must have been a Morgan Rally going in the area as I saw a few more a bit further along the road. They all sounded great as they pulled away. Regards Kev.3210
Oops! Don’t know how I’ve got them all the wrong way up?

How strange is that! We left home on Bribie Island yesterday on our way to Caboolture and saw a line of Morgans heading toward the island. Could it have been organised to be at opposite ends of the planet?

Here you go Pete, you might find this a bit interesting as they are based just up the road from you in Mooloolaba.

morganownersqueensland.org.au/

I spotted these which were out for a drive one Sunday morning.

DSC01518.JPG

DSC01517.JPG

DSC01519.JPG

DSC01520.JPG

oiltreader:
Had to google Ruttley for location and came up with NSW, quite a fleet at one time.
Oily

NQX a division of Tolls these days Oily mainly Darwin work years ago a good company to work for in my day allowed us to refuel at their Darwin depot paying a very cheap price even though not always working for them at the time just pay at the office.That all changed when Tolls appeared so I would say Oily that Ruttlleys are just hauliers for them, SDU would probably know more.

Dig

DIG:

oiltreader:
Had to google Ruttley for location and came up with NSW, quite a fleet at one time.
Oily

NQX a division of Tolls these days Oily mainly Darwin work years ago a good company to work for in my day allowed us to refuel at their Darwin depot paying a very cheap price even though not always working for them at the time just pay at the office.That all changed when Tolls appeared so I would say Oily that Ruttlleys are just hauliers for them, SDU would probably know more.

Dig

I knew them as Rutley Rate Cutters, never had their own work, only subbed to the majors, mostly various divisions of TNT. Haven’t seen them around for a while, I assumed they’d gone down the gurgler, like most who rely on the majors usually do.
I wasn’t aware Toll had scooped them up. They probably went into receivership and Toll had to buy them, or face a shortage of linehaul abilities.

Buzzer

349131222_708887211238494_4849674865275595802_n.jpg

Kevmac47 all sorted now, Buzzer

20230524_144557 (2).jpg

Buzzer:
Kevmac47 all sorted now, Buzzer

Thanks Buzzer, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

Buzzer:
Buzzer

That’s my backyard, Buzzer. The roads are now sealed, but still just as narrow and steep.

Ray Smyth:

Kempston:

This Scania artic is from Annaghmore in County Antrim, Northern Ireland.

Cheers, Ray.

Thanks for the info Ray, still can’t believe he was only delivering parcels, quite narrow little roads where I live too.

Kempston:

They do bespoke high end furniture,also furniture for bars restaurants etc etc.
Look up their website, the furniture is top notch but a tad pricey

the fub:

Kempston:

They clearly must sell directly to the customer then which is strange on such large vehicles, wonder if they have any access problems at any of them.

Kempston:

the fub:

Kempston:

They clearly must sell directly to the customer then which is strange on such large vehicles, wonder if they have any access problems at any of them.

Nah, just get the Allelleys driver.

mushroomman:
Here you go Pete, you might find this a bit interesting as they are based just up the road from you in Mooloolaba.

Thanks. I’ve no interest in owning a Morgan, even if I could afford it, but that doesn’t stop me from admiring those that do. The first in line that we saw had the Villiers engine. I liked the MGB too.

peterm:

mushroomman:

Thanks. I’ve no interest in owning a Morgan, even if I could afford it, but that doesn’t stop me from admiring those that do. The first in line that we saw had the Villiers engine. I liked the MGB too.

I always lusted after a Morgan. A fellow I know in Adelaide bought one from near where I lived, and I picked it up, stored it in my shed and loaded onto the truck for South Australia. What a pig of a car, such a disappointment. I don’t ever want to drive a Jaguar XK 120, I’m sure that would also shatter my dreams.

peterm:

Kempston:

the fub:

Kempston:

Nah, just get the Allelleys driver.

:laughing: Cruel, but deserved.

I used to work for a bloke in south London (Balham) by the name of Tom Biss. Jags were the only make we worked on and he had an XK150.

I took it out to get spares :open_mouth: :open_mouth: It went like ■■■■ off a shovel. It had the 4.2 engine that had been well and truly ‘tuned.’ A lovely ride if you didn’t mind your bloody bones rattling.