Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

In my opinion that has to be the most stylish cab of the 60’s.

3D466B39-0FF5-4AAB-9B19-2B429A831909.jpeg
It’s not looking good for team Bedford (Scania) :laughing: my mate who does a bit of driving for me asked if I could help shift this from outside his house :unamused:

oiltreader:
Thanks to VALKYRIE, gazsa401, Buzzer, tyneside, Suedehead, Bewick and mushroomman :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: great detail from VALKYRIE :smiley:
Oily
All credit to Alan Sturge for the photos.

What is the one with the steel work load?

essexpete:

oiltreader:
Thanks to VALKYRIE, gazsa401, Buzzer, tyneside, Suedehead, Bewick and mushroomman :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: great detail from VALKYRIE :smiley:
Oily
All credit to Alan Sturge for the photos.

What is the one with the steel work load?

Ah! Had a better zoom in. Scammell.

Buzzer

336911309_944607946899258_2550232677137020086_n.jpg

Spardo:

Star down under.:

Spardo:
I like those pictures but can someone explain the purpose of the connectors on the bogies?

It looks like a Hendrickson walking beam suspension, but instead of the walking beams being under the chassis rails, they’re mounted outboard.

Thanks to you and Ray, I think I see it now, there is a single axle between those bogies and the wheels oscillate around it?

We refer to that central axle as the dead axle.

youtu.be/60bKEfkDb4w

Buzzer

fodon ranks.jpg

Buzzer

oiltreader:
Old Albion in OZ with what looks like a tucker bag.
Oily

Your not entirely wrong Oily,in my younger day and just started in the cow carting industry I was travelling with an older gentleman and I noticed one of the two water bags he had on his bull bar had a slit at the top of the canvas I didn’t day anything but after we finished loading I saw him returning from the stock camp with a couple of slices of steak which he then rolled it in some newspapers he had under his mattress in the bunk he wrapped it quite tight dropped it in the water bag topped up the water and off he went, I followed until lunchtime when we got to the Fitzroy river pulled up in some shade and he lit the fire and not long after 2 pieces of steak were sissling on the barby , during lunch he told me he did the same with butter tinned rice cream [a favourite with most drivers of that time] canned beer or cool drink, the fresh meat which was easy to obtain off the stock camps and stations as they killed regularly during the mustering season.
The meat and butter would keep 2 or three days providing we were moving the smell test was needed after 3 days.

On the pic you can see the 2 water bags on my truck the Crusader with the A/C the bags had a cutdown truck tube overcoat which kept the bags in good order when travelling on station tracks which could get overgrown during the wet season.

Dig

Thanks to Tyneside, Buzzer, mushroomman, Lawrence Dunbar, Punchy Dan and DIG for the photos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: also Star down under for the link :smiley:
Oily
Simpsons of Wick at Dingwall, container on flat with alternative to twist locks.

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

That’s an FE Holden being held up by the house, Buzzer.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_FE

OIP (32).jpg

An Iveco, a Scania, and a M.A.N. from the Murcia region of South-east Spain,
delivering fruit & veg at Martland Park, near Wigan. I sometimes try to have
a chat to the drivers with my very limited Spanish speaking skills, but recently,
I discovered that several of the drivers are from Bulgaria and Romania. Adios. :slight_smile:

Ray.

Buzzer

You’re wrong about elf n safety, buzzer. He’s got his feet in the gutter, no way he can fall off and he’s getting a lovely tan as well. :wink: