Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Star down under.:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

That’s an FE Holden being held up by the house, Buzzer.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_FE

I recon SDU the car is a ute fulfilling the rear ■■■■■■ duties with a big sign saying Wide load ahead.
If they don’t shut that fly wire door the house will be full of the little buggers.
Dig

DIG:

Star down under.:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I recon SDU the car is a ute fulfilling the rear ■■■■■■ duties with a big sign saying Wide load ahead.
If they don’t shut that fly wire door the house will be full of the little buggers.
Dig

And soon overweight, causing a pull by the blokes in silly hats and a complete blockage of the road and therefore no need for the ute anymore. :frowning:
This will be followed by a camp fire at which many stories will be told, one of which will eventually come down to us as ’ I remember that time when I forgot to shut a fly screen…’

Buzzer

DIG:

Star down under.:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Dig

Hi Dig, I don’t reckon they’d have bothered with such frivolities as pilot or ■■■■■■ cars. Heck, they didn’t even waste time putting up a DANGER LONG WIDE LOAD sign on the Federal. Maybe that was to counter the weight of the critters. :laughing:

I took these pictures today whilst delivering to Bourton on the Water

6E9A208F-220F-4BB7-B6BC-94F5C479CFDA.jpeg
Is this your gang Ramone ?

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Interesting to see the Guy in the last picture up on the gantry, he must have had a great view from that point.

gazsa401:

What a great paint job on the Hippo a real eye catcher.
Dig

Punchy Dan:

Ha ha no Dan Bradford Council driver working from their Keighley branch delivering to our depot at Stourton .He nearly made it but not quite and came to rest on the roundabout at Stourton. Our motors aren’t on the road long enough to roll over they usually break down after 5 mins

ramone:

Punchy Dan:

Ha ha no Dan Bradford Council driver working from their Keighley branch delivering to our depot at Stourton .He nearly made it but not quite and came to rest on the roundabout at Stourton. Our motors aren’t on the road long enough to roll over they usually break down after 5 mins

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Star down under.:

Is that a Mastiff or a Reiver?

Thanks to Buzzer, Suedehead, Star down under, Ray Smyth, gazsa401 and Punchy Dan for the photos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily
Southwaite Services 2022.

At Gt Gidding Cambs. credit to Michael Trolove for the photos.
Oily

Buzzer

337873755_581096957311671_954857501555016940_n.jpg

DIG:

gazsa401:

What a great paint job on the Hippo a real eye catcher.
Dig

That Leyland Hippo looks totally wrong in my opinion

Buzzer

Hi Buzzer. Looking at the picture reminds me of a one armed driver I knew when I was an apprentice at Midland Storage back in the 60s. His name was Vic King. He could sheet and rope on his own and he drove one of the Bedford Artics. This obviously was pre HGV driving tests.

Buzzer

Well according to the dvl data base its an artic, :exclamation:

Thanks to Buzzer for the photos :smiley: daily input keeping the thread in overdrive :smiley:
Oily
Credit to Lee Bristol and kitmasterbloke for the photos.