Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Rough old FIAT in Espanol

01FAE524-921A-4697-8276-4AE3AB8562B0.jpeg

A good, honest Atki with a pigeon loft. No bling.

Les Sylphides:

We called them rabbit hutches at Econofreight and I believe there was a vote before my time when Leicester depot voted to have them in exchange for a reduction in NO money. Thornaby on the other hand voted against and just had the day cabs.

Then all the Swedes started to arrive and made the whole thing academic, but when I was given a twin bunk Daf I didn’t see an increase for having not voted. :unamused:

Chris Webb:

Dipster:

Buzzer:
Hey Ho no more room for ought else, wonder what his house is like or maybe this is his house, not for me though, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Buzzer

+1. What a mess.

The only “bling” we were allowed at A E Evans was a tax disc and an op licence. :grimacing:

Mention no names…
…but ummmm
…Ive seen trucks that didnt always go that far.

NMP. Drove these GMC Astro’s for this firm. Detroit 6 cylinder 2-stroke engine with a 10 speed gearbox. More room inside than the old Mack.

Les Sylphides:

And a set of “Rubbolite” lights on a light-board on the catwalk.

remy:

NMP. Drove these GMC Astro’s for this firm. Detroit 6 cylinder 2-stroke engine with a 10 speed gearbox. More room inside than the old Mack.

Wasn’t it the day cab version of those in USAF colours often seen in Eastern England? Deliveries to the PX (NAAFI) I think. Didn’t look very roomy at all without the sleeper. :slight_smile:

Thanks to servo88, DIG, remy, Buzzer and Les Sylphides for the photos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
Oily
Jamaica a bit warmer than the Highlands of Scotland :laughing: .

TKN Highland Jamaica Jason Lawrence cc by 2.0 Aug 2018 47356480791_5c2c680447_5k.jpg

Just after the first WW there was a fuel shortage and apparently, they had this big balloon with low pressure gas which fed the engine instead of petrol, used a lot by taxis. Buzzer

Buzzer:
Just after the first WW there was a fuel shortage and apparently, they had this big balloon with low pressure gas which fed the engine instead of petrol, used a lot by taxis. Buzzer

Didn’t Jonesy have it on his Butcher’s van?

essexpete:

Buzzer:

Didn’t Jonesy have it on his Butcher’s van?

Yes, till someone put a bayonet through it. :laughing:
I suppose it was town gas, no use now when gas is as short as oil.

IMG_5032.JPG

Buzzer

Thanks to Buzzer and servo88 for the photos :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Dutch FTF with Motor Panels cab. Looks as if it’s on Greek work judging by the visor.

Buzzer

NMP. Another GMC Astro when I drove for Carl Subler or Uncle Carl as we called him.