Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Hi Dig, thanks for the info a couple of pages back about The Sandfire Roadhouse, I found that very interesting. :smiley:

You might remember seeing these lads around W.A. some years ago, this was taken at The Nullabor Roadhouse.

And here are a couple for Western Star Down Under which I took over ten years ago I.I.R.C.

Western Star. 2.JPG

More from Speech House

Ade

mushroomman:
And here are a couple for Western Star Down Under which I took over ten years ago I.I.R.C.

I loved the video of that setup, short tipper, long A-frame, as the driver first places the trailer then, presumably, locks its brakes before jack-knifing the wagon alongside so that both tip together. I have done something similar with 2 boxes and a short bar so that the wagon could be unloaded without disconnecting, but not to that extreme. :smiley:

Buzzer

Buzzer

310350400_2719956408140152_1710728813013852773_n.jpg

The following may be of interest to some, be nice to have a follow up video with a closer look at the lorries and hear them running. I think Kurt Mills, AKA Lord Muck, more than meets his match with Mr Oโ€™.
youtu.be/yG-OdqdoVSc

Spardo:

mushroomman:

I loved the video of that setup, short tipper, long A-frame, as the driver first places the trailer then, presumably, locks its brakes before jack-knifing the wagon alongside so that both tip together. I have done something similar with 2 boxes and a short bar so that the wagon could be unloaded without disconnecting, but not to that extreme. :smiley:

No brakes, David.

youtu.be/LbkKSiOxHmk

Buzzer:
Buzzer

7th photo down could be the BDA on Water Lane Bradford Les P would know

Buzzer:
Buzzer

H Dawson from Bradford , notoriously low wages but you got a new Volvo

Star down under.:

Spardo:

mushroomman:

No brakes, David.

youtu.be/LbkKSiOxHmk

Very pretty, if you donโ€™t need both tips to be alongside each other. Not sure of the value of that demonstration. Judging by the neat piles of stuff already there, that is not how they were done. :smiley:

Thanks to Buzzer, Ray Smyth, DIG, gazsa401, mushroomman and lurpak for the photos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: also carryfast, essexpete and star down under for the links :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily
Scammell Pioneer credit to Pete Edgler and Peeteekayy for the photos.

The Royal Palace snapped in France credit to Rab Lawrence for the photo.
Oily

Double post of the The Royal Palace Scania :blush:

oiltreader:
Double post of the The Royal Palace Scania :blush:

You probably needed a double post to fit the damned thing in! :laughing:

C series ERF L10 250 possibly ex tanker unit looking at super singles on rear ?

Buzzer

310382994_5532848943458573_5317411799069573906_n (2).jpg

310428016_5531106766966124_4171547542721604478_n.jpg

The motorway system that existed in 1964, a few more changes since then, Buzzer

Buzzer:
The motorway system that existed in 1964, a few more changes since then, Buzzer

More memories, having to drive through Loughborough to join the M1 southbound, night trunk Nottingham to Bristol A52/A38 then through the centre of Birningham to join the M5 southbound and the first stop meeting all the other trunkers at Frankly services. On other runs using the โ€˜Ross Spurโ€™ to get to South Wales, the Heads of the Valleys road, Symonds Yat, one of the new transportels springing up like Silvertown, waiting to swing wide at the sharp turn in the centre of Monmouth. They all come flooding back at the sight of one simple map. :smiley: