Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Thanks to Buzzer and essexpete for the photos :smiley: :smiley:
On the A66, rear view cameras and couple of mirrors n/s.
Oily

Leeming Bar August 2022, sounded good.
Oily

oiltreader:
Penrith last week.
Oily

Can’t see the name on the cab but some good sheeting there :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

oiltreader:
Penrith last week.
Oily

Btw driver was on route to Peterhead with return load from Falkirk

Punchy Dan:

Punchy Dan:

oiltreader:
Penrith last week.
Oily

Btw driver was on route to Peterhead with return load from Falkirk

That looks suspiciously like you were following some Travellers about with their mobile kitchen Dan’l which judging by the shot were still alight !

Special feature post today for dig & all our members in Australia, pictures from a friend of mine an ex driver who now resides in the USA, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Special feature post today for dig & all our members in Australia, pictures from a friend of mine an ex driver who now resides in the USA, Buzzer.

Thanks Buzzer did your mate drive for them, I hadn’t come across this company before they are based in Mareeba near Cains in Queensland pretty well rain forest country I thought for a start they were Tannami Transport of Alice Springs similar paint jobs and colours, that pic of the red sky I hope that’s a sunset and not a bush fire.
I got caught by a fire with one of our other trucks the fire was upon so quick it crossed the road right on our other truck he disappeared in the smoke I stopped I was about half a km behind him the fire vortexed behind his rear trailer and I feared the worst how ever I was lucky the front of the fire didn’t reach me when it had cleared enough I took off looking for my mate but he was at Broome meat works unloading when I caught him.
The DPI came to inspect his load before we unloaded the cattle they were all scorched on their backs so they decided to run then straight through to stop anymore suffering ,the DPI said to me as we unloaded I know they are going to be hamburgers but you didnt have to cook them before we killed them .
Dig

Precooked beef, eh, Dig. They’d have to be turned into burgers, they’d have been tough meat being knocked on the head straight off the truck.
I also initially thought Tanami. I used to drive an ex-Tanami T900.

Hi DIG my mate did not drive for them, we have had four drivers leave us to try there hand in other places, two in USA who are still there and are now citizens and two to Canada one of which has returned to the UK and now returned to drive for us again. We have always had the “grass is greener” thing with drivers but it is not always as good as they thought it would be but if they give proper notice and leave in the proper manner we will take them back if we have a vacancy, Buzzer

298787127_413713980853752_7766407988988653666_n.jpg

299340694_5389022624507873_2987908957219772894_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Hi DIG my mate did not drive for them, we have had four drivers leave us to try there hand in other places, two in USA who are still there and are now citizens and two to Canada one of which has returned to the UK and now returned to drive for us again. We have always had the “grass is greener” thing with drivers but it is not always as good as they thought it would be but if they give proper notice and leave in the proper manner we will take them back if we have a vacancy, Buzzer

A true statement Buzzer “grass is greener’” but not always I have to admit once I finished my apprenticeship I moved around a little before retuning to my former employers, my excuse was to get a wider learning of my trade I don’t suppose ending up in Perth West Oz was part of the plan but it certainly was a challenge.
We have a carrier still operating out of Perth who used Volvos on the Perth Darwin run for TNT ,I can’t remember if he was painted in TNT colours but finding some deep water wasn’t hard to do during the wet season in our north and the NT.
Dig

Can we be sure it’s WA or NT? It could be Longreach Q., or in fact anywhere between Morven and Mt. Isa.
I was wondering if that was the Hall of Fame, in the background.

Star down under.:
Can we be sure it’s WA or NT? It could be Longreach Q., or in fact anywhere between Morven and Mt. Isa.

Your probably correct SDU as I said I dont remeber a Volvo in TNT livery running out of Perth but there was a couple regulary pulling triples Perth to Darwin
If you can see the Hall of Fame then its pretty wet in the centre.

Dig

Thanks to Buzzer and Punchy Dan for the photos :smiley: :smiley:

Four Kelly’s European in convoy heading out from Coneygarth at Leeming Bar.
Oily

DIG:

Star down under.:

Your probably correct SDU as I said I dont remeber a Volvo in TNT livery running out of Perth but there was a couple regulary pulling triples Perth to Darwin
If you can see the Hall of Fame then its pretty wet in the centre.

Dig

That’s all Channel Country through there, Dig. The water that fills Lake Eyre, falls in Karumba, over 1,200 kilometres away.

Star down under.:

Yep, certainly looks like it. I’ve never been there but seen plenty of pic’s of it.

Some memorabilia for Oily and Buzzer
In the days of horse drawn carts this was a horse drawn grader and then we invented tractors progress.
The red painted machinery is for fitting steel tyres to wooden cart wheels so I.m told anyhow I guess this qualifies as “past”
In case you come to OZ and want to visit the museum its at the Murchison Settlement in West Oz not much there a road house and 3 homes occupied by 3 grader drivers and their families they have something like 3000kms of shire roads to grade each year and they do a great job as we have travelled through the area several times.
Dig