Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

A Mercedes-Benz artic from Romania waiting to unload at Martland Mill Industrial Park, Wigan. 08/08/2022.

Ray Smyth.

ParkRoyal2100:

Ray Smyth:
I am deeply saddened to hear that Judith Durham of The Seekers passed away yesterday.
Judith was an amazing singer and also a very decent, down to earth lady. Rest in peace Judith.

Ray Smyth.

Me too Ray. It took me a long while to get over my Mum playing The Seekers every chance she got on the Dansette, but get over it I did. She had a fabulous voice.

My late father and mother liked the Seekers and we chose I’ll never find another you for Dad’s funeral service.
Heard Judith’s band member, Athol Guy speaking today. He spoke with genuine sadness (you could hear it) and so much surprise and humility over the Seekers success which seemed perhaps at odds with most pop music of the day.

peterm:
A beautiful voice and a morally upstanding lady. No need to appear half naked and no drugs, ■■■ scandals or anything else. We all have to go, but this one leaves a legacy. RIP Judith.

She wouldn’t have been morally upstanding if I’d had half a chance Peterm! Joking apart a beautiful lady with a beautiful voice still listen to them on the You Tube.

Buzzer

298059304_2218624281635589_6043104522870910290_n.jpg

297942639_8038074662899560_6553455373974296154_n.jpg

Thanks to Buzzer, ParkRoyal2100, Star down under, Geordielad, lurpak, Ray Smyth and windrush for the photos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: also peterm and essexpete for the links :smiley: :smiley: and the craic’s going well :smiley: .
Oily
On the A66 heading east towards Stainmore last week.

Another one went yesterday. British born Aussie Olivia Newton John, 73. Battled cancer for years and finally lost.

Buzzer

Penrith last week.
Oily

From Ron Beckwith of the Essex Beckwith family. Ron and brother John worked independently of brother Sid for a decade or so.

Unusual machine for sure, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Unusual machine for sure, Buzzer

Perhaps they were worried that when turning the driver would still be looking straight ahead? :unamused:

oiltreader:
Penrith last week.
Oily

If I had known you were in this area, not far from me, I would have met up with you and
Mrs McD and treated you both to a nice lunch and a brew at Southwaite Services.

Cheers, Ray.

peterm:
Another one went yesterday. British born Aussie Olivia Newton John, 73. Battled cancer for years and finally lost.

Sad indeed, she was such a genuine and generous person.

It amuses me how quick we (Australians) are to claim celebrities, but equally quick to disown them when they err.

Russell Crowe, Australian actor, wins a Logie.
Russell Crowe, New Zealand born actor, throws phone in drunken tantrum.

Australian artists and entertainer, Rolf Harris, internationally recognised.
English born, Rolf Harris, convicted on ■■■ charges.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Star down under.:

peterm:

Sad indeed, she was such a genuine and generous person.

It amuses me how quick we (Australians) are to claim celebrities, but equally quick to disown them when they err.

Russell Crowe, Australian actor, wins a Logie.
Russell Crowe, New Zealand born actor, throws phone in drunken tantrum.

Australian artists and entertainer, Rolf Harris, internationally recognised.
English born, Rolf Harris, convicted on ■■■ charges.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yep, it’s the MSM that’s to blame for that.

Ray Smyth:

oiltreader:
Penrith last week.
Oily

If I had known you were in this area, not far from me, I would have met up with you and
Mrs McD and treated you both to a nice lunch and a brew at Southwaite Services.

Cheers, Ray.

A nice gesture Ray thanks :sunglasses: :slight_smile: . Been up and down Highlands to Oxford a few times since retiring north in '96 and used to be M74 M6 M42 M40 always seemed to find the lower end of the 6 congested seldom free flowing same with the 42 so now it’s Penrith A66 to Scotch Corner A1(M) amd M1 to Northampton then A43 and A34 to Oxford. A bit busier down there now or maybe I’m getting older :smiley:
Cheers
Eddie

Buzzer

297340445_154019820621973_8132694980191521340_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Hello Buzzer …anther great Welsh shot …Jones of Bethania …based i think between Aberystwyth and Tregaron …that DAF is a nice change from their Ivecos …Geraint

Buzzer

….and it’s got a tax disc!!

5thwheel:
0….and it’s got a tax disc!!

Pretty sure the no. plate’s not legal though David. I was once prosecuted because the number plate on my Packard had fallen off and I replaced it with a handwritten version on thick rubber fastened around the V-shaped grill of the car. :frowning: