Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Buzzer

297849739_1483979978725898_377478227190434860_n.jpg

Buzzer

peterm:
Another one went yesterday. British born Aussie Olivia Newton John, 73. Battled cancer for years and finally lost.

It’s been a bit of a rough trot this last week or so: a week or it was Archie Roach (if you’re not familiar with the name, here’s a basic bio: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archie_Roach), then Judy Durham at the weekend, now ONJ. I was never a fan of Grease but by gum she had a lovely voice (Xanadu for example), worked with the Bee Gees and ELO and many others and - as you say - was a very active advocate in the campaign against breast cancer.

BMC Mastiff + Perkins 510 V8 + John Murphy

youtube.com/watch?v=TFuE_wVaulo

ParkRoyal2100:

I can see the BMC DNA in the dash. :smiley:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Sandhills Lane Liverpool runs between Regent Rd ( Dock Road ) and Derby Road, the Intermol tanks was International Molasses Ltd, Brain Haulage had a yard opposite in the mid 70’s and the famous Stan Waters cafe was also in Sandhills lane, I can still smell the bacon butties !!

ParkRoyal2100:

I liked driving Mastiff’s once I got used to high 4th being a higher ratio than low 5th! :slight_smile:

Pete.

DIG:
Some memorabilia for Oily and Buzzer
In the days of horse drawn carts this was a horse drawn grader and then we invented tractors progress.
The red painted machinery is for fitting steel tyres to wooden cart wheels so I.m told anyhow I guess this qualifies as “past”
In case you come to OZ and want to visit the museum its at the Murchison Settlement in West Oz not much there a road house and 3 homes occupied by 3 grader drivers and their families they have something like 3000kms of shire roads to grade each year and they do a great job as we have travelled through the area several times.
Dig

Hi DIG, I can go back to horse and cart/implements days and being sent to the Smiddy(blacksmiths) on a pushbike with some bit or other to have it straightened or mended.
video of Scotland’s last remaining wheelwright dailymotion.com/video/x71f5z2 .
The photo is one of four carts made by my better half’s Dad, all freehand no kit pieces.
Cheers
Oily

Thanks to servo88, DIG, Buzzer for the photos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: also ParkRoyal2100 for the link.
Oily.
A few from the Highlands.

TKN Flr Highland IMG_5590 ot.jpg

Down in Buzzer’s county, credit to eastleighbusman for the photos.
Oily

Hants eastleighbusman 50143335131_00c31b80b5_k.jpg

windrush:

ParkRoyal2100:

I liked driving Mastiff’s once I got used to high 4th being a higher ratio than low 5th! :slight_smile:

Pete.

Horse drawn mostly from Oz for you DIG & friends, Buzzer

table-top-wool-waggon-8 (1).jpg

R.jpg

Buzzer, Grace Bros. was a department and furnature store. The removal side grew from downtime of the delivery fleet. The transport side outlasted the retail stores, who I believe was sold to Myers.

No it wasn’t the Grace Bros., of young Mr. Grace fame. :laughing:

I used to deliver hides to Dalgety’s at Teneriffe, Brisbane among others. Oh what a lovely job, but it was better than not working.

peterm:
I used to deliver hides to Dalgety’s at Teneriffe, Brisbane among others. Oh what a lovely job, but it was better than not working.

The buildings have now been converted to yuppy, upmarket flats. The smell of lanolin is still strong and pervasive.

peterm:

True, one job I had, and thankfully once only, was loading hides from Heathrow to France. Horrible job and every little cut and scratch on my body was stinging from the salt that was on them.

Mention of Dubbo further up reminds me of a Lad’s trip out there to the home of the parents of one of my taxi mates from Sydney, 3 of us went in my taxi and shared the cost. That was the petrol and my ‘fixed rate’ contribution to the taxi owner for the 3 nights involved, around $30 I reckon. Not a bad weekend out, 800 odd kms there and back. :smiley:

Star down under.:
Buzzer, Grace Bros. was a department and furnature store. The removal side grew from downtime of the delivery fleet. The transport side outlasted the retail stores, who I believe was sold to Myers.

Yes, bought out by Myer (Coles-Myer now) in the '80s but the Grace Bros brand on its stores weren’t re-branded until the 2000s.

Star down under.:
No it wasn’t the Grace Bros., of young Mr. Grace fame. :laughing:

It could’ve been the inspiration though… when I first arrived in Sydney and saw the Grace Bros department store, I did wonder if I was seeing things :open_mouth:

Buzzer

Hi DIG, I can go back to horse and cart/implements days and being sent to the Smiddy(blacksmiths) on a pushbike with some bit or other to have it straighgtened or mended.
video of Scotland’s last remaining wheelwright dailymotion.com/video/x71f5z2 .
The photo is one of four carts made by my better half’s Dad, all freehand no kit pieces.
Cheers
Oily
[/quote]
Nice one Oily I would love one on the mantel piece.
I found another photo its a cart something like the ones Buzzer put on with the wool,I reckon they got almost as many on the old carts as we could get on a 40foot flattop.
Idid a couple of loads out of 2 Gascoyn region stations one they loaded me with a small fork all i had to do was molly coddle each bale into position the other was by hand with a 4x4 lifting the bales one at a time with the shearing shed crane slow and pretty tiring it took about 8 hours for the 2 trailers.
At least I didnt have to wrestle with this gate on the way in and out it even had a sign.
Dig