Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Ray Smyth:
The unusual bonneted minibus vehicle I think is a Seddon, and beside it is an Austin pick-up.

Is it not a Commer, perhaps Ray? And that model of Austin we bought for our business back in the 70s, more trouble than it was worth if my memory serves. :unamused:

But, as you say, an interesting picture. :smiley:

Spardo:

Ray Smyth:
The unusual bonneted minibus vehicle I think is a Seddon, and beside it is an Austin pick-up.

Is it not a Commer, perhaps Ray? And that model of Austin we bought for our business back in the 70s, more trouble than it was worth if my memory serves. :unamused:

It’s defo a Seddon Spardo, credit to Steve Glover for this photo of a 1957 Seddon 25 (cwt) van.
Oily

oiltreader:

Spardo:

Ray Smyth:

It’s defo a Seddon Spardo, credit to Steve Glover for this photo of a 1957 Seddon 25 (cwt) van.
Oily

Well would you believe it, a very pretty little motor, but perhaps I can be forgiven, the shape of that bonnet and wings did look a bit Commery. :smiley:

Thanks to Buzzer, gazsa401, mushroomman and Ray Smyth for the photos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily
1920s road gang in Sutherlandshire, the hand tools they have we call graips, the tines were forged with bulbous(small) ends for lifting and spreading stone also used on farms for handling root crops.

Buzzer, OK you chaps what model is this please ?

Cornish double credit to Graham Richardson for the photos.
Oily

Buzzer:

I don’t know Buzzer, but the sickly colour reminds me of that outfit from Macclesfield. :laughing:

Buzzer:

BADGER :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Buzzer:

Hi Buzzer managed to enlarge the photo and its a badger cheers Ray

Buzzer:

John, I am fairly certain that it is a Leyland Beaver, usually fitted with a Leyland 600 engine.
The paint colour was the regular, probably matt finish, so that the original buyer could then
have their own gloss paint colour on the bodywork.

I was wrong, :unamused: :wink: Yes, It is definitely a Leyland Badger. Cheers, Ray Smyth.

oiltreader:

Spardo:

Ray Smyth:

Oily

I think this van may have been Seddon Motors actual demonstrator because it has a local number plate
from Manchester…VM. From memory, I believe that comedians Cannon & Ball worked at the Seddon works
as welders when they were young. Sadly, Bobby Ball is no longer with us.

Ray Smyth.

WOW what a shock just thought I would run that on the DVLA website and its taxed to July 2023 so still on the road, registered in Sept 63 and its a 9800cc, Buzzer

Buzzer:
WOW what a shock just thought I would run that on the DVLA website and its taxed to July 2023 so still on the road, registered in Sept 63 and its a 9800cc, Buzzer

That little thing was 9.8 litres? Wow.

Spardo:

Buzzer:

I don’t know Buzzer, but the sickly colour reminds me of that outfit from Macclesfield. :laughing:

R.H STEVENS, i agree never got that colour combo… :confused:

Buzzer:

It’s a Badger same as the photo Dennis put on, probably with the Leyland P.600 engine as the Power Plus were known @ 9.8 litres 140bhp. These short wheelbase Leyland and Albion LAD’s gave a bouncy back end ride when solo, I used to get a ride to work in one at times and it wasn’t comfortable especially over cobbled roads. Franky.

Geordielad:
It’s a Badger same as the photo Dennis put on, probably with the Leyland P.600 engine as the Power Plus were known @ 9.8 litres 140bhp. These short wheelbase Leyland and Albion LAD’s gave a bouncy back end ride when solo, I used to get a ride to work in one at times and it wasn’t comfortable especially over cobbled roads. Franky.

Yes, if you blow the picture up you can deffo see Badger on the front grille. However, wasn’t the Power Plus the 0.680 version of that engine. The 9.8 ltr 0.600 gave about 125 bhp at 1800rpm IIRC. Or am I talking out of turn and there was a 0.600 Power Plus? You’re certainly right about SWB units bouncing about: they gave a terrible ride, especially when solo!

ERF-NGC-European:

Geordielad:

Yes, if you blow the picture up you can deffo see Badger on the front grille. However, wasn’t the Power Plus the 0.680 version of that engine. The 9.8 ltr 0.600 gave about 125 bhp at 1800rpm IIRC. Or am I talking out of turn and there was a 0.600 Power Plus? You’re certainly right about SWB units bouncing about: they gave a terrible ride, especially when solo!

And dangerous too, especially on wet roads, with minimum grip.

FAB3E4EE-DB99-44EC-8854-AC0B4730E53A.jpeg
A nice Berliet I saw looks like restoration is happening.

Mobile bar