Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Thanks to Lawrence Dunbar, Buzzer and Ray Smyth for the photos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily
Buzzers photo of Ulster Transport pondering a bit about the livestock “crates” on the back, looks like they have tackle for craneing to to a boat :question:

Mid Wales credit to eastleighbusman for the photos.
Oily

Tidy shunter at Uig Ferry Port.
Oily

Buzzer posted a Sam Ostle wagon pic…some more with credit to Ian Roberts for the photos.
Oily

oiltreader:
Tidy shunter at Uig Ferry Port.
Oily

Oh lordy! It comes to something when the shunter is six years newer than the newest lorry you ever drove :unamused:

Buzzer

289648749_10218674090717391_7334159537222986958_n.jpg

Last of the John Player &Sons Bonded warehouses being demolished in Nottingham another part of Nottinghams landscape and heritage lost
I had 13 years at Players before being made redundant in April 2016 and all it’s manufacturing being transferred to Poland whilst the transport and distribution was sent out to DHL
The transport and warehousing staff were offered TUPE over to DHL but we all declined and took redundancy instead (we saw the mess DHL did in running the transport [emoji38][emoji38])
The Horizon factory was demolished around 2 years ago

I thought it was a picture from Ukraine!

David

Lurpak.
Good Morning .
The Allard was actually being imported & what are you doing taking photos in are yard, some of the vehicle owners are not happy that their vehicles are now on social media.
Ask next time.

Cheers rich

tribsa:
Lurpak.
Good Morning .
The Allard was actually being imported & what are you doing taking photos in are yard, some of the vehicle owners are not happy that their vehicles are now on social media.
Ask next time.

Cheers rich

Sorry Rich won’t do it again

Sunday Buzzer

289835468_2486567308150851_26833790883958104_n.jpg

tribsa:
Lurpak.
Good Morning .
Ask next time.

Cheers rich

Bit of the same treatment way back when I started this thread.

Now then a snap from the Flickr collection of eastleighbusman which he shares and is for use by others within the Creative Commons Licence cc by nd 2.0. It’s a cracking photo tribsa and one for your scrapbook.
Cheers
Oily
Edit My very first driving lesson was on a Fordson N like the one in the photo 1945 aged 10½.

Buzzer:
Sunday Buzzer

The shortness of the wheelbase on the red Highwayman reminds me that all, or most, of the trailers had rounded fronts to avoid the corners bashing holes in the back of the cabs. Fair enough, but it did make life a bit difficult when stacking boxes of handballed whisky. :unamused:

oiltreader:

tribsa:
Lurpak.
Good Morning .
Ask next time.

Cheers rich

Oily think they call that Touche what ever that is, hell it’s only a picture he never stole it :astonished: :frowning:

Buzzer:

oiltreader:

tribsa:
Lurpak.
Good Morning .
Ask next time.

Cheers rich

Oily think they call that Touche what ever that is, hell it’s only a picture he never stole it :astonished: :frowning:

Isn’t everything that is on public display, that is, can be seen from a public place, in ‘the public domaine’? I hardly think Oily stops all those drivers on the A1 to ask permission? I don’t think they would appreciate that.
I am talking of UK of course, here in France you are not supposed to photo people in the street without their permission, but I see that all the time. An offshoot of that is that if you have a security camera on your house you mustn’t allow it to record outside the fence. :laughing: Even of the burglar, 'till he climbs inside it I suppose. :laughing:

Many years ago on TN there was a discussion about blanking out reg nos in photos, but I see they are plain to see now. :slight_smile:

If it can be seen from a public area in the UK you can take pictures & videos without anyones consent, best & quite rightly so not to take pictures in the locality of schools or children’s play areas, but this is an ethical thing rather than against the law.

dave, what has happened to your London to Cape Town link, I have just clicked on to it and nothing happened. :confused:

100_1028.JPG

Buzzer Mon 04

289628273_10218682639771112_2783985597745125604_n.jpg

292067214_10224211422928116_5325831354065602013_n.jpg

An interesting picture in the centre of Liverpool in the mid to late 1960s.The traffic going from
left to right are on Lime Street, the majority of the vehicles are heading down St Johns Lane.
I recognise many of them. The van at bottom left is carrying an advert for Double Top, a bottled
beer from Higsons, a large local brewery. Behind it are vans of Neilsons Ice Cream & Pioneer Laundry.
The unusual bonneted minibus vehicle I think is a Seddon, and beside it is an Austin pick-up.
The Foden 8 wheeler tanker is from Joseph Ranks flour mill at Birkenhead.
The cream BMC FG is from Reeces Dairy, and the other BMC FG is from Rowntrees Chocolate.
The bus just left of centre is a Leyland PD2 of Ribble Motor Services, with bodywork by Burlingham.
The rest of the buses are from Liverpool Corporation Passenger Transport. NMP.

Ray Smyth.