Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Just about on the money, Buzzer

Political content on trucknet? I say, steady on. :grimacing:

I agree: if your new-fangled milk float takes power from the grid and the grid is filthy, and your e-whatever uses lithium batteries (whose efficient recyclable capacities are still unknown and whose toxicities are, at best, dodgy) and cobalt and who-knows what else, … well all I’m saying is that I can’t quite see where the advantage is in the long term.

Buzzer:
Some oldies, Buzzer

I understand that Bedford KM pulling a Merzario tilt had a Detroit lump with a 9-speed Fuller in it. :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:
Some oldies, Buzzer

I understand that Bedford KM pulling a Merzario tilt had a Detroit lump with a 9-speed Fuller in it. :wink:

I’m not sure about that? It hasn’t got the deeper bumper and the wheelbase looks too short but then what I know about tractor units (why would anyone invent a vehicle that bends in the middle eh? :unamused: ) would fit on a 2nd class stamp! :laughing:

Pete.

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:
Some oldies, Buzzer

Bit like the KM I saw at a NSW roadhouse with a big yellow Cat under it. It was so high off the ground that I could see the engine under the wheel arch without bending down. :laughing:

Spardo:

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:
Some oldies, Buzzer

Bit like the KM I saw at a NSW roadhouse with a big yellow Cat under it. It was so high off the ground that I could see the engine under the wheel arch without bending down. :laughing:

“spardo” every time I post my daily input I await to see if one has jogged your memory of another job you had in your driving career, Buzzer

Bet this sounds ripping through them upright exaust’s not every ones cup of tea but I like the looks of that motor, love the fuel gauge on the side of the tank like my old mandator, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Bet this sounds ripping through them upright exaust’s not every ones cup of tea but I like the looks of that motor, love the fuel gauge on the side of the tank like my old mandator, Buzzer.

That’s a great restoration Buzzer,thanks for posting!

David

Buzzer:

Spardo:

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:
Some oldies, Buzzer

“spardo” every time I post my daily input I await to see if one has jogged your memory of another job you had in your driving career, Buzzer

:laughing: :laughing: Buzzer. What a coincidence, every time you post your daily input I look to see if one has jogged my memory of another job I had in my driving career. I reckon you must be stalking me with all these memory jolts, but the quantity must hardly be surprising, 58 years on the road and almost as many different jobs you’re bound to hit one every day given your prodigious output. Incidentally I don’t comment on every memory jog, wouldn’t want you to think it was me stalking you. :unamused: :laughing:

CH230

214CEEB1-4BE8-4539-95EB-4981895EC212.jpeg

5thwheel:

Buzzer:

That’s a great restoration Buzzer,thanks for posting!

Agreed!

David

coomsey:

pyewacket947v:
27 April 1986
Salwarpe Road
Droitwich Spa
Worcs
Eng.

Best shot i could get.
A tidy Micky Mouse cabbed Foden 4 axle rigid with a showland version of a pantech on her back,
Flashers look to be in a odd place,.

Flashers look to be in a odd place. I think they used to get about a bit P.

I could imagine those causing problems in the mirrors in low light.

Fridays lot, Buzzer

Deleted.

Ray Smyth:
Great pictures Buzzer, the last picture is a queue of traffic to enter the Mersey Tunnel in Liverpool.
Four roads meet at this point…St Johns Lane, Whitechapel, Victoria Street, and Manchester Street.
The picture was probably taken between 4pm & 6pm, evening rush hour, with many people going
home to Birkenhead, Wallasey, Ellesmere Port, etc. Cheers, Ray Smyth.

The Mk V is a Charrington-Hargreaves black oil tanker, most likely going empty back to the Ellesmere Port Terminal. We got 3 of those MkV’s at Liversedge, I think another 3 went to the Port. Wonderful machines they were, I’m too old now but turn the clock back and given a choice I’d take one of those in preference to any of the present day modern motors. Happy days :slight_smile:

Ooooooooh :open_mouth:

FB_IMG_1637926829322.jpg

Probably the same trailer. nmp

24462885773_71bde388bb_z.jpg

Thanks to pyewacket947v, Lawrence Dunbar, Buzzer, coomsey, Ray Smyth, robthedog and pushrod47 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: also ParkRoyal2100 for the link :smiley: and the craic going well :smiley: .
Oily
November 2020 and a D Steven&Son Scania fridge heading south on the A9 Kessock Bridge. Moray Firth on the east side of the bridge and Beauly Firth on the west side.

One from the Ronnie Cameron Collection, Leyland Buffalo? but not having seen that rad badge L12 before means nothing to me, Hillman Imp heading in the other direction.
Oily

Had the pleasure of pushing this old girl home the other day

20211124_101335.jpg

20211124_113754.jpg
Ade

oiltreader:
One from the Ronnie Cameron Collection, Leyland Buffalo? but not having seen that rad badge L12 before means nothing to me, Hillman Imp heading in the other direction.
Oily

I wonder if it refers to the TL12 engine ? Without checking cant remember if they offered it in the Buffalo but they did in the Marathon. :wink: