Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Different

5376DC65-80DD-49F1-B78D-026F9FD28E5A.jpeg

robthedog:
Different

A Westminsterland ? :laughing:

25 March 1986
Caldy Valley Rd
Great Boughton
Chester
Cheshire
Eng

CNW 126W
ERF C series 4x2 + Tandem fridge.
Operated by Lowfield Distribution and seen in Sainsbury colours
unloading at Sainsbury’s Chester Store.

Sun is out this morning after a night of heavy rain, Buzzer

My father used to use that layby where the BRS ERF is resting to let the old Seddon cool down after plodding up Marlborough hill on his way back from Avonmouth. :slight_smile:

Pete.

windrush:
My father used to use that layby where the BRS ERF is resting to let the old Seddon cool down after plodding up Marlborough hill on his way back from Avonmouth. :slight_smile:

Pete.

It’s a wonderful photo, I wonder what the old fella was thinking while he was sitting and having a break. Those were the days where you got your notes and off the went to get the job done.
Happy days.

Thanks to pyewacket947v, Buzzer and robthedog for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily
Richard Read Transport Lucozade livery, credit to SCP for the photo.

Nice Dodge complete with beet fork, we had them for turnips and tatties, in our lingo it was/is called a graip, credit to Dave Catchpole for the photo.
Oily

A new Toy

Ade

Southampton Docks

Ade

Buzzer, on my first visit to London with a lorry in November 1962 when the Dairy Show was being staged at Smithfield I experienced SMOG for the first time which came as quite a shock. I had heard other drivers talking about it when loading at the paper processing plant in Whitehaven but did not give it much thought however when getting nearer the city with that first load I had a rude awakening. London Transport employees standing at major road junctions with flaming torches directing buses down their various routes and taffic lights glowing like ■■■ ends in the dark. I had 22 drops talk about a baptism with soot !!
Cheers Leyland 600.

27 March 1986
Londonderry Garage
A1
Northallerton
N Yorks
Eng.

A forlorn ex Pandoro Dennis languishing behind a barbed wire fence,

270386b.jpg

Fridays contribution, Buzzer

247476657_2286460624828188_5893150826584152292_n.png

Friday few more, Buzzer

Leyland600:
Buzzer, on my first visit to London with a lorry in November 1962 when the Dairy Show was being staged at Smithfield I experienced SMOG for the first time which came as quite a shock. I had heard other drivers talking about it when loading at the paper processing plant in Whitehaven but did not give it much thought however when getting nearer the city with that first load I had a rude awakening. London Transport employees standing at major road junctions with flaming torches directing buses down their various routes and taffic lights glowing like ■■■ ends in the dark. I had 22 drops talk about a baptism with soot !!
Cheers Leyland 600.

I had to walk to primary school in that, what with that and living in a damp old house with coal fires, no wonder as a kid I had a bad chest every winter! And excitement one morning as I arrived, on the crossroads by the school, a van overturned in the road and an Esso Bedford OSS artic drum carrier from the depot at the end of the road in the front room of a house opposite, crashed in the murk.
Happy days!
Bernard

Bit of a beasty not sure if I like the look or not ? NMP off FB

coomsey:
Bit of a beasty not sure if I like the look or not ? NMP off FB

I think like you Coomsey, I kind for like it… or do I… certainly a rare beast!
All the aerodynamics of a house brick with terrible MPG i’m willing to bet!! :slight_smile:

27 March 1986
Londonderry Garage
A1
Northallerton
N Yorks
Eng

Bit of a long shot, not sure of the model.
But definitely a Scammell.

One more before bedtime, Buzzer

Saturday at the markets, Buzzer

241704309_2999706646909869_6680011207484115513_n.jpg