Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

And the rest on Saturday, Buzzer

Buzzer, Just a quick one-liner to say “Thanks” for taking the time to post what are always interesting pics. I, and I am sure many others, am grateful.

Dipster:
Buzzer, Just a quick one-liner to say “Thanks” for taking the time to post what are always interesting pics. I, and I am sure many others, am grateful.

Thankyou mate I enjoy looking back, some shots are before my time but a lot of the pictures one can remember running alongside the companies featured, Buzzer :smiley: :smiley:

Buzzer:

Dipster:

Thankyou mate I enjoy looking back, some shots are before my time but a lot of the pictures one can remember running alongside the companies featured, Buzzer :smiley: :smiley:

Who you trying to kid Buzzer? Managed to find this rare photo of you with your first vehicle :wink: but I echo the previous comment, thoroughly enjoy this and the Paul Gee stuff, thanks for taking the time.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

coomsey:
Bit of a beasty not sure if I like the look or not ? NMP off FB

Too many steps for some of us older fellas. :frowning:

Kempston:

Buzzer:

Dipster:

Who you trying to kid Buzzer? Managed to find this rare photo of you with your first vehicle :wink: but I echo the previous comment, thoroughly enjoy this and the Paul Gee stuff, thanks for taking the time.

Beautiful horses in this picture. I am a very contented man but I do wish I had enough money to afford keeping horses such as Suffolk Punch, Clydesdale or Percherons etc. as they deserve to be kept. But I know I do not.

Buzzer:

Dipster:

+1. Those old cattle waggons keep taking me back 60 years to when I was knee high and going around the local marts in the NE. Two in particular on todays list Tommy Muckle (Rothbury) a good friend of my Dad and Redpaths (Wooler)

Many thanks for posting.

Tyneside

Dipster:

Kempston:

Buzzer:

Dipster:

Beautiful horses in this picture. I am a very contented man but I do wish I had enough money to afford keeping horses such as Suffolk Punch, Clydesdale or Percherons etc. as they deserve to be kept. But I know I do not.

Before covid I was child minder to my grandchildren, our granddaughter used to love going to Wimpole Hall near Cambridge, (still does for that matter) purely to see the shire horses, her favourite being the largest called Stanley, it was hilarious watching such a small little child trying to hug such a big gentle giant. She’s 5 now but still has pictures of Stanley in her bedroom and we sponsor him for part of her birthday present. Beautiful horses, if you like shires it’s well worth a visit.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Before covid I was child minder to my grandchildren, our granddaughter used to love going to Wimpole Hall near Cambridge, (still does for that matter) purely to see the shire horses, her favourite being the largest called Stanley, it was hilarious watching such a small little child trying to hug such a big gentle giant. She’s 5 now but still has pictures of Stanley in her bedroom and we sponsor him for part of her birthday present. Beautiful horses, if you like shires it’s well worth a visit.
[/quote]
Thanks for the tip. Percherons are particularly docile, true gentle giants. I am happy to think your granddaughter enjoying the company of one such.

The freightliner cabover below is about 1990 owned by Arrow transport of vancouver british columbia it looks like a wood chip hauler to me but a very unusual wheel arrangement Great picture paul !!

FB_IMG_1634906927796.jpg

Here is one of similiar age owned by economy carriers of calgary alberta

robinswh:
The freightliner cabover below is about 1990 owned by Arrow transport of vancouver british columbia it looks like a wood chip hauler to me but a very unusual wheel arrangement Great picture paul !![/quote
N here I was thinking Dutch motor Wayne !! What would have been her gross weight ? Tipper?

1 April 1986
Berry Hill Ind Est
Droitwich Spa
Worcs
Eng

May be familiar to some Truck Net followers.
Christian Salvesens Droitwich Spa depot before the layout was altered.
The car park on the left became a trailer park, and incoming vehicles parked on the right.
The red and white van was one of Salvesens biggest load haulers at the time.!!
(well it was April the 1st)

Thanks to lurpak, pyewacket947v, Buzzer, coomsey, Kempston and robinswh for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and the craic’s going well :smiley:
Oily
Highlanders on dashcam.

Pretty no practical yes.
Oily

Both these freighliners would gross out about 63500 kgs the propane tanker would have a higher tare weight as the propane bottles are empty . Economy carriers went out of business a few years back…sold to the red army westcan

robinswh:
Both these freighliners would gross out about 63500 kgs the propane tanker would have a higher tare weight as the propane bottles are empty . Economy carriers went out of business a few years back…sold to the red army westcan

Thanks for that Wayne, here’s a couple of locals for you, to make you a bit homesick. NMP

An interesting scene showing 3 forms of transport. The Iceland fridge artic is on Gathurst Viaduct on the M6,
heading northbound. The local diesel train is going west from Wigan to Southport, and the canal barge is on
The Leeds & Liverpool Canal on its way toward Wigan town centre. Picture from Wigan Forum Album.

Ray Smyth.

Gathurst Viaduct M6.jpg

Sunday service is resumed, Buzzer

248177416_3029503950596805_524884894848436_n.jpg

And a few more, Buzzer

144419225_276836957107669_7846319030202966240_n.jpg