Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Heres a one for C/F. :frowning:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Howay Bonny Lad yee’ve stayed in some dodgy digs in years gone by ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Buzzer:
Fridays lot, Buzzer

A bit off topic but the Higgs and Hill Scammell took me back years to when I was involved in a big refurbishment contract undertaken by them. Their guys used to call the company “Pigs and Swill”! Can’t imagine why.

Jennings of Crewe Sleeper Cab.

I didnt know that M.A.N. produced small vehicles like this one.
DFM Rentacar is a truck hire company. I happened to see this
van on 2 occasions last week in Mojacar, Almeria Province, Spain.

Ray Smyth.

Photo0523.jpg

Photo0540.jpg

OK Oily this is a geography test for you, it is up your end, Buzzer

I think they are VWs with a MAN badge on them ive seen a couple of vans with the man badge on

atlas man:
I think they are VWs with a MAN badge on them ive seen a couple of vans with the man badge on

I saw the other day that VW had a majority holding in Scania too. Is that right?

Lawrence Dunbar:

I don’t think you would get away with parking your Foden outside 137 Leman street today !!

Did you go next door to the Brown Bear for a few pints after tea back in the 60s ?

click to enlarge
Regards John.

old 67:

Lawrence Dunbar:

I don’t think you would get away with parking your Foden outside 137 Leman street today !!

Did you go next door to the Brown Bear for a few pints after tea back in the 60s ?

click to enlarge
Regards John.

I sure did Plus The Crooked Billet, The Still & Star, I had some great nights out in those days, Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0Jennings of Crewe Sleeper Cab.

Looks more like a day cab with a fold down bunk

Saw this motor this morning not far from my village whilst I was out for a walk, it was pulling a transporter trailer.

581F2A45-42BE-40BD-9B91-92EB6BA45555.jpeg
Commer 2 stroke

Ray Smyth:
I didnt know that M.A.N. produced small vehicles like this one.
DFM Rentacar is a truck hire company. I happened to see this
van on 2 occasions last week in Mojacar, Almeria Province, Spain.

Ray Smyth.

Goes back to the days VW had the LT, the MAN equivalent was 8.150 I believe.

Spardo:

atlas man:

I saw the other day that VW had a majority holding in Scania too. Is that right?

Yes David, so saying to these V8 pilots, that they’re actually driving the latest VW Golf is such a pleasure! :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
Commer 2 stroke

Going into preservation Dan?

pv83:

Punchy Dan:
Commer 2 stroke

Yes a lad I know going to do it up ,he was offered one locally but it’s rotten as a pear with engine oil/ water problems so bought this at auction :laughing:

7 November 1985
Hackney
London
Eng

The Leaning Tower of Hackney
Remember this. The block of flats they tried to blow up (or down), that got stuck halfway.
I wonder if the Ford D Type fridge van is puzzled by it.

Punchy Dan:

pv83:

Punchy Dan:
Commer 2 stroke

Yes a lad I know going to do it up ,he was offered one locally but it’s rotten as a pear with engine oil/ water problems so bought this at auction :laughing:

This one any better? Doesn’t look to be in such a bad shape really? Would be nice to see more Commers on the scene if I’m being honest…