Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

A picture of a Scania of Graylaw International from my HGV Class 1 friend, David McMillan.
David, originally from Stranraer drives for Graylaw on regular nights. Rather him than me.

Ray Smyth.

Spardo:

Ray Smyth:

stargazer148:
Hi Ray it’s got a Moffat Mounty as well . Ray

Ray, The driver said that when he has the Moffat Mounty which weighs between 2 and 3 tons on the back
of the DAF 32 tonner, the lorry can carry just over 17 tons, so the 8 wheeler must weigh about 12 tons empty.

Cheers, Ray… :smiley: Raymond on Sundays.

Never having had a Mounty on the my back :unamused: , I wondered, Ray and Ray, if when empty there is a certain lack of stability. Tail trying to wag the dog. I suppose it is more a question for artics than solid 8 leggers though.

Same question to Punchy Dan too, looking at that fairly heavy load on a centre axle drag. :confused: :slight_smile:

It doesn’t affect me really as my trailer is spread axle with long neck and axles set More back than centre .
Even with a load that’s heavier to the back when I drop the trailer the front end lifts up but releasing the brake drops it down again .

Thanks to Buzzer, Lawrence Dunbar, Ray Smyth, Punchy Dan, Kempston and Leyland600 for the pics. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Back a few years and a D Steven and Son Atkinson, they’ve had a variety of makes through the years, now 100% Scania.
Oily

Steven Ronnie 4458211408_03bc42f89a_k.jpg

Some fleet pictures, Buzzer

13 October 1985
Severn Valley Railway
Kidderminster
Worcs
Eng

VJ 9113
1936 Petrol engined Diamond T.

Scammell JVK.JPGN.M.P.

Punchy Dan:

Spardo:

Ray Smyth:

stargazer148:
Hi Ray it’s got a Moffat Mounty as well . Ray

Ray, The driver said that when he has the Moffat Mounty which weighs between 2 and 3 tons on the back
of the DAF 32 tonner, the lorry can carry just over 17 tons, so the 8 wheeler must weigh about 12 tons empty.

Cheers, Ray… :smiley: Raymond on Sundays.

Never having had a Mounty on the my back :unamused: , I wondered, Ray and Ray, if when empty there is a certain lack of stability. Tail trying to wag the dog. I suppose it is more a question for artics than solid 8 leggers though.

Same question to Punchy Dan too, looking at that fairly heavy load on a centre axle drag. :confused: :slight_smile:

It doesn’t affect me really as my trailer is spread axle with long neck and axles set More back than centre .
Even with a load that’s heavier to the back when I drop the trailer the front end lifts up but releasing the brake drops it down again .

Thanks Dan, I see what you mean. :slight_smile:

Todays selection, Buzzer

Just Volvo, Buzzer.

img059 (2).jpg

221238968_2363744560423715_5014882015320923663_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Todays selection, Buzzer

The Charringtons Thorny. We at Charrington - Hargreaves had 2 0f them cascaded down and they were great machines. I only got to drive one on rare occasions but they have stuck in my memory all these years. Wonderful. :slight_smile:

Fleet shot taken at the cereals event 2017.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170615_007.jpg

Love the old fleet/yard photos Buzzer, thanks for posting them.

Kempston:

Kempston here is a goodun just for you, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

Kempston:

Thanks Buzzer :slight_smile:

Thanks to Buzzer, pyewacket947v, Lawrence Dunbar and wrighty for the photos :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
one for wrighty credit to Eddie(eastleighbusman) for the photo.
Oily

Load of buckrakes Buzzer.
Oily

Fort William May 2021.
Oily

TKN Highland P1000630.jpg